Earthquakes in the world on November 13 , 2017 (M4.5 or more)

New earthquakes will be added instantly! - Keep this page open in a browser tab. Page refresh every 15 minutes.
Weaker earthquakes check this listing Earthquakes of M 2.9 or more, click here.

Moderate earthquake in  Gonzales, California
More DETAILS and MAPS, CLICK HERE
Very strong dangerous earthquake on the Costa Rica coast
More DETAILS and MAPS, CLICK HERE
Massive deadly earthquake at the Iran-iraq border area (Continued from Yesterday)
More DETAILS and MAPS, CLICK HERE

Color explanation (title color)
GREEN = Some slight damage is possible  ORANGE = MODERATE risk for damage and injuries, RED = HIGH risk for damage and injuries

DAMAGE OVERVIEW LISTS : 2013 - 2014 - 2015 - 2016 - 2017

Label info : M = magnitude, D = depth (km), Time = UTC - Click here for the Time Zone world map.

INFO link behind a specific earthquake row is showing additional maps and information + previous earthquakes
The multi-source approach makes it possible to compare preliminary Magnitude and Depth values as seismology is not an exact science and needs a lot of (re-)calculations.

Click here for examples of our "earthquake notifications (button below)"

ER I Felt A (not Listed) Earthquake Nov 13 23:59 4.6 0 MAP I Felt It
GEOFON Loyalty Islands Nov 13 21:16 4.6 10 MAP I Felt It
USGS Tadine, New Caledonia Nov 13 21:16 4.6 10 MAP I Felt It
EMSC Loyalty Islands Nov 13 21:16 4.6 20 MAP I Felt It INFO
EMSC Central California Nov 13 19:31 4.6 6 MAP I Felt It
  • Pleasantville - A few seconds
  • Fremont - Lite Shaking, lasted for a few seconds.
  • Carmel Valley - I felt a slight movement immediately followed by a larger jolt. The whole think only lasted a couple of seconds.
  • Aptos - Weak shaking
  • Palo Alto - 11:30am PST About 5 seconds, building swaying -- office mates all noticed and commented
  • Sand City CA - Very weak shaking
  • Salinas - Felt more of a rolling. Lasted only a few seconds...
  • SANTA CRUZ - No damage
  • Monterey - Moderate shaking
  • Redwood City - 1-2 seconds
  • Carmel Valley - 2 sec
  • Seaside, CA - Very weak shaking
  • Gilroy - Weak shaking
  • MARINA - Lasted a few seconds. Rumbling with shaking the house. plates rattling and light fixture swinging slightly.
  • San Carlos - At aroun 11:30am
  • Santa Cruz, CA - just a few seconds, no damage
  • 95051 - 15 seconds
  • Los Banos - Very weak shaking
  • Carmel Valley - No damage, just rattling of windows and vibrating floor/desk.
  • Monterey - 15 second duration. No damage
  • Menlo Park, CA - Light shaking
  • Monterey, CA - In my office on the third floor. Felt the the earthquake, my computer and desk were shaking.
  • Monterey - Lasted several seconds, cupboards were rattled hard enough to move contents (like glassware) to one side.
  • Salinas - I felt the building shake and rumble under my feet, then it stopped for a few seconds, then I felt another shake that was a bit stronger.
  • San Jose, CA - Fairly solid jolt followed by mild shake then gently swaying. Duration 5-8 seconds. Hit at the SS/W corner of my house. Time: 11:30 a.m. 11/13/2017.
  • Gilroy - Sitting in my backyard and the chair I was sitting started rocking and I looked at our pool and the water was moving back and forth. Seemed to last 10-15 seconds.
  • San Jose - No damage, no crowd reaction - just a little shaking at my desk at the office.
  • San Juan Bautista - Had my grandson duck and cover under table. Lasted about 15 sec
  • La Selva - I was sitting upstairs on my bed, facing the south, right at the top the hill, and felt the bed shaking; saw the window coverings move back and forth, for maybe 15 seconds. My cat jumped up just before it started.
  • Ridgemark - Pool water rolling, blinds shaking, dishes and china rattling, animals scared. Lasted 15-30 seconds.
  • Watsonville - shaking lasted about 10 seconds. No damage
  • Carmel - The house shook twice, lasted only a few seconds each time
  • San Francisco - 6th floor of 8 story office building, felt/saw the shake about 5-7sec. No damage
  • Monterey - I was on the 2nd Floor, felt a Jolt and then swaying which seemed to go on for a while (20-30 seconds?). My house creaked and contents of shelves, cabinets rattled, but no damage.
  • Soquel, ca - Felt for full monute
  • HOLLISTER - I FELT AN UP AND DOWN MOTION WHEN IT FIRST STARTED AND THEN THE USUAL SIDE TO SIDE STUFF. LASTED ABOUT 8 SECONDS. I WAS IN THE KITCHEN WITH HARDWOOD FLOOR. IT FELT LIKE A 4.6 NOTHING VIOLENT
  • Santa Cruz - Light shaking
  • USGS Gonzales, California Nov 13 19:31 4.6 6 MAP I Felt It INFO
  • Redwood City - Weak shaking
  • Salinas - Light shaking
  • Santa Cruz - Weak shaking
  • San JOse - Very weak shaking
  • San Francisco - I felt the office sway for a good 10 seconds
  • San Jose CA - Inside a tall building I could feel the building sway. The sway was enough to cause my blinds to move approximately an inch away from the window pane. Exciting.
  • San Jose - Light shaking
  • Foster City, CA - Felt the floor on the 5th floor of our building move and noticed the overhead lights swaying
  • Salinas - Light shaking
  • Ridgemark - Felt the shaking for about 15-30 seconds. Saw pool water rolling, blinds shaking, heard dishes rattling. Haven\'t inspected everything yet.
  • San Jose - A 5 second shake then 20 seconds of rolling, total 25 seconds. The window blinds swayed. No damage.
  • Monterey - Light shaking
    EMSC Iran-iraq Border Region Nov 13 04:28 4.9 10 MAP I Felt It
    USGS Sarpol-e Zahab, Iran Nov 13 04:27 4.9 10 MAP I Felt It
    GEOFON Iran-iraq Border Region Nov 13 04:27 5.0 10 MAP I Felt It INFO
    USGS Northern Mid-atlantic Ridge Nov 13 04:21 4.9 10 MAP I Felt It
    EMSC Northern Mid-atlantic Ridge Nov 13 04:21 4.9 10 MAP I Felt It INFO
    PTWC Nov 13 02:34 6.8 0 MAP I Felt It
  • Uvita - Light shaking for approx 10 seconds.
  • Manzanillo - Light shaking
  • San jose - 15 secondes, tout à tremblé. Ressenti impressionnant
  • San jose - We saw the chandeliers in restaurant shake and the ground was moving as for tables and pictures on the walls also moved.
  • ojochal - inside moderate movement. Outside pool moved 10-30 seconds.
  • Jaco - This was a close (about 16 km from here), shallow (about 19 km deep), and more ragged than rocking quake. I heard a sound like an oncoming roaring. Then the house started jerking up and down in addition to rocking. We went into the street, which was jerking and rolling. It lasted about 20 seconds. A few minutes later there was a strong aftershock. Water splashed 5 feet from the pool onto our patio doors. Strong house. Stuff fell over, but no damage.
  • USGS Parrita, Costa Rica Nov 13 02:28 6.5 19 MAP I Felt It
  • La Palma de Puriscal - 10 seconds, window rattled, no damage,
  • Sarchi - Walls and floors moving in different directions. Windows creaking, animals alarmed, lasted about 45 seconds was was followed by a small aftershock about 2 minutes later.
  • Puerto viejo de La Talamanca - Moderate shaking
  • GEOFON Costa Rica Nov 13 02:28 6.6 25 MAP I Felt It INFO
  • Uvita - No damage, just waves in the pool bouncing back and forth for a couple of minutes after.
  • Atenas - felt about a 5. lasted about 30 seconds
  • Bocas del Toro - House swaying, a few seconds
  • Santa Ana - Couple.of seconds shaking then stopped and then happened again
  • Santa Ana - Not experienced with earthquakes but we just had what I would call a minor one with a lesser aftershock.
  • Cahuita - Moderate shaking
  • ATENAS - Approximately 15 seconds
  • La Fortuna - Lasted approximately 10 seconds. I\\\'m staying at the Arenal Springs Hotel. No damage in my room at all.
  • Tinamaste - No damage, about 20 seconds shaking, noticable rolling motion.
  • San Jose - About 30 seconds, no damage to be seen.
  • AlaJuela - No damage , lasted 3 seconds
  • Puerto Viejo - 20-30 seconds, entire house waved as if it had become a boat tossed around at sea
  • la fortuna - Staying near Arenal volcano. Building shook 3 times, lasting a several seconds each. 6.8 reportedly, south of Puntarenas.
  • Tilaran - About 10 seconds, started, stopped then started again.
  • Puerto Viejo de Talamanca - Weak shaking
  • Heredia - Moderate shaking
  • Jaco - Scary shaking for about a minute and a half here n Jaco area. 11/12/17 at 9pm ish.
  • USGS Merizo Village, Guam Nov 13 01:27 4.8 38 MAP I Felt It
    EMSC Guam Region Nov 13 01:27 4.8 40 MAP I Felt It INFO
    GEOFON Fiji Islands Region Nov 13 00:34 4.7 648 MAP I Felt It
    EMSC Fiji Region Nov 13 00:34 4.7 648 MAP I Felt It INFO
    GEOFON Iran-iraq Border Region Nov 13 00:20 4.7 10 MAP I Felt It INFO

Data sources courtesy : USGS - EMSC - GFZ - GEONET (New Zealand only)

REAL TIME EARTHQUAKE LISTS – WORLD – REGIONS – COUNTRIES – STATES
    Our Fast Earthquake and Tsunami Twitter Accounts :
    M4+ - ALL - M5+ - M6+ - CHILICANADABRITISH COLUMBIA - CALIFORNIA - OREGONWASHINGTON - HAWAIITEXASOKLAHOMA

Chrome extension ad 170 px high