Important historic earthquakes in Italy

The list of the 50 most recent earthquakes in this country can be found at the bottom of this page.

earthquakes Italy1 earthquakes Italy2 Click on this image to watch it in full size - Data courtesy NOAA Natural Hazards database

TSU = Tsunami waves was generated -- VOL = Earthquake from volcanic origin

Earthquake-report.com own DAMAGE OVERVIEW LISTS : 20132014
(based on our experience the most complete damage list in the world)

Earthquake-report.com is a independent NGO website who only survives because of (mostly small) PRIVATE DONATIONS. Your gift will be highly appreciated.

Label info : M = magnitude, D = depth (km), Time = UTC time

EMSC Sicily, Italy Jun 25 03:46 3.5 12 MAP I Felt It INFO
GEOFON Central Italy Jun 24 08:30 4.1 10 MAP I Felt It INFO
EMSC Central Italy Jun 24 08:30 4.1 10 MAP I Felt It
EMSC Northern Italy Jun 20 01:37 4.0 10 MAP I Felt It
GEOFON Northern Italy Jun 20 01:37 4.1 10 MAP I Felt It INFO
EMSC Central Italy Jun 16 03:56 2.2 6 MAP I Felt It
EMSC Central Italy Jun 16 00:38 2.2 9 MAP I Felt It
EMSC Central Italy Jun 15 23:12 2.3 14 MAP I Felt It
EMSC Central Italy Jun 15 23:04 2.0 3 MAP I Felt It
EMSC Central Italy Jun 15 06:05 2.5 10 MAP I Felt It
USGS Montereale, Italy Jun 09 12:15 4.1 10 MAP I Felt It INFO
GEOFON Central Italy Jun 09 12:15 4.0 10 MAP I Felt It INFO
  • Coppito - Coppito - Struttura pol.Canada..Scossa in sentita in 2 parti.. la seconda parte è stata piu intensa (via emsc)
  • l'Aquila - Avvertito benissimo, scuotimento dell'edificio percepibile, partiti alcuni allarmi auto. (via emsc)
  • Teramo - Breve ma intensa, divisa in due momenti quasi da sembrare due scosse in sequenza. Secondo piano, Teramo centro (via emsc)
  • Teramo - Teramo. Durato per diversi secondo.iOscillazione decide. Terzo piano. Costruzione in muratura
  • Caprafico - Low level vibration for a few seconds and then a jolt. Had us leaving the house in case it got stronger. (via emsc)
  • Osimo - "Buzzing" in the floor, slight swaying, I began shaking as a reaction (via emsc)
  • Garda, Lake Garda - Having dinner, didn't know what it was bit scary. Lasted 5 seconds
  • GEOFON Northern Italy Jun 04 18:01 4.3 10 MAP I Felt It INFO
  • Bejaia, Algerie - Un secousse ressorti
  • Val di Sogno - At precisely 8:00pm, there was moderate up and down shaking for approximately 7 to 9 seconds. Very audible house rattling during this time, but no damage.
  • Valpolicella Area - Flock of birds flew past my window - then the recently built house with good construction shook up and down. Strong jolts each time. No damage seen. Immediately knew it was an earthquake.... Was in the 1988 San Francisco 7.7 quake. This was gentle in comparison. Fumane, Italy
  • Garda - Hevig schudden hotel. Geen schade.
  • Fumane - Duur: +/- 3 seconde De hond was al de hele dag erg onrustig,
  • Gargnano - It sounded like an explosion and the building shook violently for about 30 seconds. No damage was noted.
  • riva del Garda lake.garda - Very few seconds but pictures on Wall shook. Also felt in varone village 2 km away
  • Garda, Lake Garda - Light shaking felt for a few seconds, I was lying on the bed and it moved and vibrated
  • Tignale - Ongeveer 10 seconden, geen schade vastgesteld
  • Malcesine - We were just finishing dinner in a restaurant, some but not all of us felt a weak tremble which prompted us to check it here had been an earthquake. Friends in a neighbouring house said their walls shook. No damage noted
  • Lazise - In appartamento sito al secondo piano, leggero scuotimento di circa 5 secondi della credenza con tintinnio dei cristalli e soprammobili, nessun danno
  • Garda - Chair I was sitting on shook and the door handle rattled, was a very heavy door, I thought someone was frantically trying to get into room. 7 to 10 second duration
  • GEOFON Northern Italy Jun 03 13:25 3.9 10 MAP I Felt It INFO