Important historic earthquakes (until 2013) in Washington, USA

The list of the 50 most recent earthquakes in this state can be found at the bottom of this page.

Click on this image to watch it in full size - Data courtesy NOAA Natural Hazards database

TSU - means that a tsunami was triggered (in this case Lake @ Mt. St. Helens) - VOL = earthquake with a volcanic origin

Earthquake-report.com is a independent NGO website who only survives because of (mostly small) PRIVATE DONATIONS. Your gift will be highly appreciated.

Label info : M = magnitude, D = depth (km), Time = UTC time

USGS Clearview, Washington Aug 01 20:00 2.7 17 MAP I Felt It
    USGS Riverbend, Washington Jul 30 07:38 2.5 1 MAP I Felt It
    USGS Benton City, Washington Jul 30 07:21 2.6 7 MAP I Felt It
    USGS Enetai, Washington Jul 25 09:08 2.7 24 MAP I Felt It INFO
    USGS Washington Jul 25 06:54 2.7 1 MAP I Felt It
    USGS Waterville, Washington Jul 24 19:53 3.3 2 MAP I Felt It INFO
  • Waterville wa - Felt like someone moving in a bed lasted for a few seconds, No damage
  • USGS Monroe, Washington Jul 21 09:13 2.5 13 MAP I Felt It

Comments

1. Tom O'Donnell says:

How can I get information and date about an earthquake I felt in about 1946/47, Kent, Washington area. It was my first quake. I was about 3-4 years old.
      Thanks,
      Tom

2. You are missing a pretty good size earthquake - it was 1980. I was in Olalla, WA. It lasted for (I want to say) 8 minutes... is that possible? It was very long and "rolling." I thought that one was in the 6 mag range. I know you have one on there already, but it seems this one might have been later - like during the election... I seem to remember Ronald Reagan on television... either in a debate or after he won.

Lauren

Thanks Lauren - we take however the official list from teh American Seismological Agency USGS or NOAA