Strong earthquake near Los Angeles (La Habra, Brea, Fullerton, La Mirada) + strong aftershock

New aftershocks will be added instantly! + Page refresh every 30 minutes + Keep page open in a browser tab.
Other people who contributed to this article : our many readers, Jens Skapski and Carlos Robles

Are you one of the people who felt the shaking of this earthquake ? If yes, please fill in the form below by clicking on the  "I Felt It" button of "I Felt A (not Listed) Earthquake" on top of the list. Thank you.

Update 21:50 UTC : Strong M4.1 Magnitude aftershock

Screen Shot 2014-03-29 at 22.48.35

Update 17:16UTC : 20 units in an apartment complex and 3 homes have been red tagged in Fullerton (means people cannot live there anymore for hopefully only a short time), at least 84 people have been displaced.

Update 06:33 UTC : 40+ aftershock so far (most of them could be hardly felt)
The earthquake was felt in 7 counties, including parts of San Diego

Update 06:28 UTC : Hours before, a 3.6-magnitude tremor hit the same spot, according to the USGS.
Friday's quake was stronger and shook longer. Twenty years ago, a 6.7-magnitude killed 57 people in the greater Los Angeles area and caused $42 billion in damage. Source KCCI

Screen Shot 2014-03-29 at 06.17.33

Update 06:24 UTC : New comments in our Facebook page
Nellie Hernandez-Peyton My sister lives on the borderline of La Habra/Whittier/La Mirada and her neighbors chimney came down.
Karen Mahan It was really strong. Friends lost power, stuff off shelves and one injury known. Yorba Linda/Anaheim Hills
Alex Franco I am on the brea / la habra border and it knocked everything off my walls and almost made me fall

Update 06:16 UTC : You can follow the aftershocks on the ABC seismograph here

Update 06:14 UTC : Red Cross opens shelter in La Habra Community Center for those impacted

Update 05:52 UTC : Carbon canyon closed between Valencia and county line. One minor injury in a car accident caused by a rockfall triggered by the earthquake

Update 05:41 UTC : New reports are telling us that about 2000 people are currently without power

Twitter picture - Click on the image for the original tweet

Update 05:39 UTC : There have been various reports of water main and gas main leaks possibly caused by the quake in La Habra, Fullerton and La Mirada. There have also been some scattered but limited power outages.

Update 05:34 UTC : At a home in San Dimas, dozens of pictures flew off walls, a ladder fell and dented a car in garage and medicine cabinets flew open and emptied out. Our opinion : This family was NOT prepared enough. In earthquake areas all hanging and standing objects should be well fixed!
This is a major event but is not a a very strong earthquake, in our terms only a moderate earthquake, so please fix heavy objects in the houses and know what to fo when it happens.

Update 05:25 UTC : Epicenter was on Sonora High school area
More GOOD NEWS: Los Angeles Metro says all rail service has resumed normal operations

Update 05:21 UTC : A lot of material damage but luckily nothing structural
- People will sleep on cars and leave the city because of the continuous earthquakes (aftershocks)

Update 05:13 UTC : The Los Angeles Police and Fire Departments have conducted an assessment and report no damage in the City. It looks to be a lucky escape as no serious damage or injuries have been reported yet.

Update 05:09 UTC : quake located on the Puente Hills fault.

Update 05:01 UTC : Residents in La Habra, near the epicenter, have sent out pictures on social media showing broken vases, topped furniture and items scattered around their homes. No structural damage has been reported so far. Disneyland has closed some rides, according to guests. Some said they were stuck on rides.
The Los Angeles Fire Department said there have been no reports of significant damage in Los Angeles.
Power was out in some neighborhoods near the epicenter. There are no reported injures.

Twitter image courtesy and copyright @Ricksforza

Update 04:58 UTC : Track and equipment inspection on all Metro Rail lines due to earlier earthquake is complete. No damage or injuries reported.

Update 04:50 UTC : People are feeling continuous aftershocks in the epicenter area
- Los Angeles County Fire receives reports of gas leaks, minor damage.
- Water main break reported in Fullerton area.

Update 04:48 UTC : Reports of water main break in La Mirada and power down in some places.
Earthquake caused rockslide in Carbon Canyon. Carbon Cyn closed.
LAPD has 3 choppers up, no significant damage seen.
No major structural damage in fire stations.

Update 04:40 UTC : Many moderate aftershocks
The initial Magnitude was downgraded from M5.6 to M5.1 which has a lot less risk than the first one. MMI VII reported as highest intensity

Screen Shot 2014-03-29 at 05.44.01 Screen Shot 2014-03-29 at 05.44.14

Screen Shot 2014-03-29 at 05.30.18

Update : Many Disneyland guests have said on social media that rides have been stopped as a precaution. The park is south of the epicenter.
Update : Residents in Orange County reported the quake lasted for about 10 seconds. They said they felt gradual shaking.

2km (1mi) E of La Habra, California
2km (1mi) WNW of Brea, California
5km (3mi) SSW of Rowland Heights, California
6km (4mi) N of Fullerton, California
544km (338mi) W of Phoenix, Arizona

Label info : M = magnitude, D = depth (km), Time = UTC - Click here for the Time Zone world map.
Click here for examples of our "earthquake notifications (button below)"

USGS Rancho Palos Verdes, California Nov 16 17:34 2.5 14 MAP I Felt It
USGS Malibu, Ca Nov 16 17:34 2.5 12 MAP I Felt It
USGS Loma Linda, California Nov 15 20:58 2.6 14 MAP I Felt It
USGS Loma Linda, Ca Nov 15 02:50 2.7 17 MAP I Felt It
USGS West Athens, California Nov 10 09:25 3.1 11 MAP I Felt It INFO
  • Compton - 4 seconds strong shake
  • Los Angeles - Strong shaking
  • Los Angeles - About 4 or 5 seconds minor shaking
  • Los Angeles - Strong shaking
  • Los Angeles - Light shaking
  • Los angeles - Moderate shaking
  • South Gate - You could hear it coming a second before it hit and then I jumped under the door frame. So about 2-3 seconds.
  • Lynwood - 20 seconds
  • gardena - Jolt for few second
  • South Gate - It was fast, no damage.
  • Los Angeles - Heard it and felt it
  • Los Angeles - Hamster cage almost fell. Brother awoke from it. Things rattled almost violently for a burst and then subsided after 5 secs.
  • South Gate - Shaken awake from earthquake,heard and felt the shaking of it for a short time.
  • Los Angeles ca - Strong shaking
  • Inglewood - It woke me up around 1:30 AM because it was moving my bed and furniture. I called my Fiancée and it woke her up too. She lives at El Segungo Blvd and just East of The I-405.
  • Hawthorne - Felt jolt, heard rumble, windows vibrates, thought it was truck, then apartment bldg shaking, long enough to think it was my truck or downstairs neighbor slamming doors, but continued a dead bldg rocked / swayed. About 5 seconds just listening. I was laying on my bed, my body rocked back and forth on the mattress. Just as I realized what it was and thought what\'s next, it stopped.
  • Inglewood - I woke up like at 1:30 am because I heard funiture shaking and bed moving
  • South Los Angeles - It was about 2-3 seconds long.
  • Norwalk - The earthquake lasted about 3sec. Wasn\'t sure if it was an earthquake or not. Intel I went on Twitter.
  • Torrance - BIG JOLT! Then rumble.....then shaking. Over in 5 seconds. No damage.
  • Hawthorne,CA - I heard/felt a loud thump thinking a truck had hit the house and about 3 seconds later I felt a hard jolt
  • Walnut park ca. - I felt a strong jolt as if someone kicked my bed.
  • Maywood - 2-3 seconds shake!
  • Los Angeles - Was woken up by a pull. Then realized what it was, and stayed still until it passed.
  • Inglewood - Light shaking
  • Los Angeles - Strong shake-jolt. Lasted maybe 4 seconds. I thought something hit the house. Felt like a big boom!!
  • Los Angeles - Felt like about 3 sec and like the end was like a big push
  • Compton, Ca - I felt a strong jolt and one to two seconds later there was another jolt with some shaking that was stronger and that lasted longer.
  • Los Angeles - 5 seconds/ no damage
  • LOS ANGELES - the earthquake woke me up, i felt it very strong it was shaking my furniture my bed a lot i thought it was going to be a big earhtqauke. i felt it for like 10 secs
  • Inglewood - Not sure how long it lasted as it woke me up in the middle of the night
  • Los Angeles - Weak shaking
  • inglewood - felt like a big jerk , woke me out out of my sleep and I heard the furniture moving.
  • Tijuana - Moderate shaking
  • Los Angeles - quick jolt, quit scary, walls cracked a bit
  • Los angeles - This is a 3.2 earthquake about 10 from our area. It was scary because we live on the ground floor of a 4 story building. This quake in los Angeles shocked our building with a big noise like a big canon ball had dropped. Very scary.
  • Los Angeles - I heard a rumbling loud noise then seconds after a very strong shake with a strong jolt it woke me up very abruptly unfortunately there is no information about the occurrence to view at that time @ 1:25 am in the morning for the public
  • Los Angeles 90062 - It was about 1:25 am on November 10th, 2017; first I heard a rumbling noise and within seconds a very strong jolt that jolted me in my bed unfortunately there\\\'s no information on the occurrence that had occurred to be viewed on the television for the public
  • Los Angeles - I felt my hose cracking and the noise woke me up, but it was short.
  • Inglewood - I heard a deep loud rumble, I was in bed but awake. I then felt 3 large jolts, enough to make my 8ft. Grandfather clocks chime bang...Century and Hawthorne, just East of LAX. A 1929 Cottage house, it jolted pretty good, but im sure its been thrt a LOT of quakes, be safe my friends, get your Emergency Earthquake Kits together!
  • USGS Loma Linda, California Oct 24 01:15 2.8 17 MAP I Felt It
    USGS Lake Arrowhead, Ca Oct 23 18:52 2.6 5 MAP I Felt It
    USGS Loma Linda, California Oct 09 06:39 3.0 18 MAP I Felt It INFO
    USGS San Pedro, Ca Sep 29 13:50 2.5 4 MAP I Felt It
    EMSC Greater Los Angeles Area, Calif. Sep 19 06:20 3.6 10 MAP I Felt It INFO
  • Burbank - Light shaking
  • Los Angeles - About 3 to 5 seconds
  • Bellflower - Weak shaking
  • North Hollywood - Loud, hard jolt then 3 to 4 seconds of shaking.
  • Los Angeles, CA - Earthquake was felt around 11:15 pm. It was one big jolt and that was all; no damage done that I know of.
  • North Hollywood - Light shaking
  • Los Angeles - Light shaking
  • USGS Westwood, California Sep 19 06:20 3.6 10 MAP I Felt It
  • West Point - I heard a loud boom and at the same time vibration. Lasted only 2-3 seconds. It woke my hound dogs up and they started barking and ran outside to investigate.
  • Calabasas - quick jolt
  • Los Angeles - No damage. Just a solid jolt that made me get up and get dressed.
  • Studio City - 2 sudden jolts, 1st was weaker. Second was stronger. Knocked down some small things in apartment. Not too bad.
  • Los angeles - Light shaking
  • Valley Village - My husband slept through it. Lasted less than 10 seconds.
  • santa monica, 90403 - violent jolt - 2 to 3 seconds made je wonder if this was going to beca repeat of jan 1994 earthquake
  • Santa Monica - 5 or 6 seconds
  • Los Angeles east Hollywood - It woke up my parrots , frightened them, no damage. just one sharp jolt.
  • Santa Monica - Very short but shart jolt that felt like it was gonna be bigger but then stopped.
  • La Crescenta - Three seconds split between a jolt followed by a tremble.
  • North hollywood - Not sure...1120pm Monday sept 18 2917
  • North hollywood - Sept 18 2017 at about 11:22pm
  • Playa del rey - Light shaking
  • Los Angeles - 1 small jolt. The shaking lasted 2 seconds or less. Windows rattled husband did not wake. No damage to property or people.
  • Los Angeles, CA - Light shaking
  • Hancock park - 1 small jolt lasting 2 seconds. Windows rattled, husband did not wake up. No property damage.
  • Los Angeles - Things moved on the floor
  • Los Angeles - Things moved on the floor (slightly)
  • Los Angeles - The building and general area get to be shaking for at least 30 seconds. Thereafter I noticed the glass sliding doors shaking also for about a minute.
  • Studio City - Light shaking
  • Valley Village - Just a few seconds. My TV shaked while I was watching a thriller. Was creepy!
  • Beverly Hills - My house was rocking back and forth!!
  • Los Angeles - There was a jolt for about 2-3 seconds and nothing was damaged. Light shaking.
  • Huntington Beach - Slight shaking for a couple seconds, but enough to prompt me to google "earthquake" and check it out
  • Los Angeles - Weak shaking, barely noticeable, lasted approx. 3-5 seconds.
  • Burbank - Weak shaking
  • Lemeirt park - Moderate shaking
  • Whittier - I was asleep and I guess it sort of woke me because as I opened my eyes I noticed I was kind of shaking along with my bed but as I looked around I couldn't really tell whether anything else was moving so I figured I was just imagining things lol. But I guess it was an earthquake.
  • Northridge/LA - Light shake enough to wake us, but next roll was stronger. Wonder what fault or epicenter?
  • 91606 - Lasted a few seconds. It shook our bed and it shook me awake.
  • USGS Running Springs, Ca Sep 14 12:25 2.5 1 MAP I Felt It
    USGS Running Springs, Ca Sep 06 00:01 2.6 7 MAP I Felt It
    USGS Lakeview, California Aug 24 07:26 2.5 16 MAP I Felt It
    EMSC Southern California Aug 14 11:11 3.2 8 MAP I Felt It INFO
    USGS Running Springs, Ca Aug 14 11:11 3.2 7 MAP I Felt It
  • Victorville - Just a quick jolt/rumbling that lasted approximately 5 seconds. No damage.
  • USGS Lytle Creek, Ca Aug 07 08:24 2.5 3 MAP I Felt It
    USGS Fontana, Ca Jul 28 02:00 2.6 11 MAP I Felt It
  • Thornfield, mo. - I could feel the floor vibrating in my bed room, for about 30 seconds, and could hear what sounded like constant thunder in the distance, the vibration and noise stopped as suddenly as it started, can't remember the date but was within the last 3or4 month period and was on a Saturday or Sunday, I heard later that the epicenter was someplace in Arkansas, thanks !
  • USGS Nuevo, Ca Jul 10 17:42 3.2 12 MAP I Felt It
    USGS Loma Linda, California Jul 03 17:15 3.2 13 MAP I Felt It INFO
  • Riverside - Only last 5 seconds or so.
  • USGS Granada Hills, Ca Jun 28 11:32 2.5 9 MAP I Felt It
    EMSC Greater Los Angeles Area, Calif. Jun 15 14:51 2.4 7 MAP I Felt It
    USGS Yorba Linda, Ca Jun 07 12:17 2.5 3 MAP I Felt It
    USGS Newport Beach, Ca Jun 05 13:23 2.5 1 MAP I Felt It
    USGS Loma Linda, Ca May 31 14:55 2.8 18 MAP I Felt It
    USGS Malibu, California May 25 14:19 3.3 11 MAP I Felt It INFO
  • Ventura, CA - I felt 1 large jolt.
  • Westlake Village - I felt a slight rumble, a big jolt.
  • EMSC Channel Islands Reg., California May 25 14:19 3.3 11 MAP I Felt It
    EMSC Greater Los Angeles Area, Calif. May 05 05:02 2.3 6 MAP I Felt It
    USGS Corona, California May 02 18:01 2.7 4 MAP I Felt It
    EMSC Greater Los Angeles Area, Calif. May 02 18:01 2.8 3 MAP I Felt It
    USGS Santa Monica, Ca May 02 05:28 3.1 9 MAP I Felt It INFO
  • Santa monica - Sharp jolts
  • 90405 - felt
  • santa monica - no damage. other people in the building felt the shaking.
  • EMSC Greater Los Angeles Area, Calif. May 02 05:28 3.0 9 MAP I Felt It INFO
    EMSC Greater Los Angeles Area, Calif. Feb 22 21:04 2.1 7 MAP I Felt It
    EMSC Channel Islands Reg., California Feb 20 08:27 2.2 0 MAP I Felt It
    USGS Malibu, Ca Feb 19 03:35 2.7 10 MAP I Felt It
    EMSC Santa Monica Bay, California Feb 19 03:35 2.8 10 MAP I Felt It
    EMSC Greater Los Angeles Area, Calif. Feb 16 18:23 2.6 0 MAP I Felt It
    EMSC Greater Los Angeles Area, Calif. Feb 15 17:31 2.1 1 MAP I Felt It
  • Johannesburg in Vrededorp - Fortunately. ..it hasn't damaged anything. ..It woke everybody though, I'm a student and this is a student accommodation and now all students are up talking about it.This isn't going to get worse right?
  • EMSC Greater Los Angeles Area, Calif. Feb 13 18:51 2.1 23 MAP I Felt It
    EMSC Greater Los Angeles Area, Calif. Feb 12 16:17 2.1 14 MAP I Felt It
    USGS Mentone, Ca Feb 10 10:10 3.4 9 MAP I Felt It INFO
  • Riverside, CA - felt desk shake and saw computer screen and tv screen vibrate. one person and one animal asleep in same room did not wake up
  • Mentone, CA - One moderate jolt at 2:10 a.m.
  • Crestline - No damage just a sharp jolt
  • Angelus Oaks - Felt a very big jolt
  • redlands - a short jolt that woke me up; no damage
  • mentone - it woke me and my wife
  • EMSC Greater Los Angeles Area, Calif. Feb 10 10:10 3.4 10 MAP I Felt It
    EMSC Greater Los Angeles Area, Calif. Jan 31 22:21 2.1 23 MAP I Felt It
    EMSC Greater Los Angeles Area, Calif. Jan 28 13:04 2.3 15 MAP I Felt It
    EMSC San Pedro Channel, California Jan 25 16:10 2.1 2 MAP I Felt It
    EMSC Greater Los Angeles Area, Calif. Jan 23 00:43 2.1 11 MAP I Felt It
    EMSC Greater Los Angeles Area, Calif. Jan 16 18:33 2.2 5 MAP I Felt It
    EMSC Greater Los Angeles Area, Calif. Jan 15 12:27 2.2 16 MAP I Felt It
    EMSC Greater Los Angeles Area, Calif. Jan 10 22:18 2.1 4 MAP I Felt It
    EMSC Gulf Of Santa Catalina, Calif. Jan 04 22:41 2.2 30 MAP I Felt It
    EMSC Greater Los Angeles Area, Calif. Jan 03 18:52 2.1 31 MAP I Felt It
    EMSC Greater Los Angeles Area, Calif. Jan 02 11:52 2.2 13 MAP I Felt It
    USGS Pedley, Ca Dec 28 19:44 2.5 10 MAP I Felt It
    EMSC Greater Los Angeles Area, Calif. Dec 28 19:44 2.5 10 MAP I Felt It
    USGS Malibu, Ca Dec 27 10:58 3.3 14 MAP I Felt It INFO
  • Westlake Village - Earthquake woke me up, I thought someone crashed their car into the house, 1 big jolt back and forth.
  • Thousand Oaks - one jolt
  • Westlake Village - Woke me up from deep sleep
  • Westlake Village - I woke up from a dead sleep. A few big jolts. The entire house shook.
  • Carson, California - Woke me up!!
  • Twain Harte, CA - It woke me and I'm a heavy sleeper. Everything was shaking. You could hear the rumble even under the windows and trees brussling. As well as the vibrations in cabinets, pics, and the sounds of our ornaments clanking. It even broke a few. Our family pets ran right to me as I ran to snatch the kids to the door frame in our cabin. My 6y she still won't move. My 13y even freaked a bit and we've been in some good ones. Up hear i could only wonder what the feel&sound would be without snow at all.
  • Sonora, CA - No damage. Moderate shaking felt from bed, other than the ones me and the girl were making.
  • EMSC Channel Islands Reg., California Dec 27 10:58 3.3 15 MAP I Felt It
    EMSC Greater Los Angeles Area, Calif. Oct 06 20:54 2.9 14 MAP I Felt It
    EMSC Greater Los Angeles Area, Calif. Oct 05 19:55 2.2 35 MAP I Felt It
    EMSC Greater Los Angeles Area, Calif. Sep 29 15:31 2.1 5 MAP I Felt It
    EMSC Greater Los Angeles Area, Calif. Sep 27 02:57 2.2 9 MAP I Felt It
    EMSC Greater Los Angeles Area, Calif. Sep 20 16:31 2.9 11 MAP I Felt It INFO
    USGS Gardena, Ca Sep 20 16:31 2.9 11 MAP I Felt It INFO
  • Apple Valley, - My daughter felt it in the back bedroom, the dogs outside were barking, there was no reason for the barking, and the male sheltie is acting very Scottish.
  • Oak View - My bed was jiggling. I thought it was my dog at the foot of the bed. When I called him and when he was standing away, clear, of the bed it began shaking again, twice (3 times in all) for a few seconds each time.
  • Anthony - Shook house for couple seconds scared my dog
  • South Gate - Felt like one sharp jolt
  • Los Angeles - There was a slight shake around 3am and a bigger one around 7:40am September 20th
  • Rancho Dominguez - quick jolt, mild
  • Gardena - This is the sixth one today since 3am this morning and one a 820pm yesterday
  • South Los Angeles - Quick boom, followed by weak shake
  • Los Angeles - I felt it as a side nudge from northwest to northeast. No damages.
  • Gardena - Strong Jolt Felt. Like as if a large car or SUV hit a building side
  • Gardena CA - 7.40AM House shook and creaked 9.30AM Shook again 4.20PM Jolt, and sway. All were quick, but still scary!
  • Gardena - It happened abruptly and it was very short.
  • Gardena - Sharp and quick
  • Los Angeles - Just a quick shake.
  • USGS Gardena, Ca Sep 20 14:43 3.0 11 MAP I Felt It INFO
    EMSC Greater Los Angeles Area, Calif. Mar 02 11:16 2.1 6 MAP I Felt It
    EMSC Greater Los Angeles Area, Calif. Feb 23 04:23 2.3 6 MAP I Felt It
    EMSC Greater Los Angeles Area, Calif. Feb 21 09:57 2.4 4 MAP I Felt It
    EMSC Southern California Feb 17 20:30 2.3 4 MAP I Felt It
    USGS Nuevo, California Feb 14 09:01 3.5 13 MAP I Felt It INFO
  • Hemet - Shaking enough to be woken up in Hemet Ca
  • La Quinta - It happened about 1:05 AM on 2-14-16, as I was writing on Facebook. Just a small rumbling, shaking the west windows slightly.
  • moreno valley - No damage slow rolling followed by large jolt.
  • Menifee - Felt like someone slammed the front door hard about 2 seconds apart.
  • Mrnifee, California - More of a jolt than shaking
  • Riverside - Just felt a rumbling for 5 sec.
  • Menifee, CA - "Boom" sound, then shaking/rumbling, then a 2nd shaking right after first.
  • Mead Valley - it was quick shook the house but nothing major
  • Perris - One big jolt
  • Corona, CA - Felt a jolting sway, weak to light indoors, no damage.
  • perris ca - Loud and shook me awake
  • Wildomar - More of a jolt loud
  • Corona, CA - Weak to Light shaking,swaying but no damage.
  • Lake Elsinore - Woke me up a little after 1 a.m. shaking seemed to last a while..longer than the typical quick jolt type quake. No damage. At first I wasn't sure if it was an earthquake.
  • menifee ca - damm I thought I was just on a good one lol but I felt that shit fucking scared me I dropped my pipe lol just packed it to lol lol
  • Nuevo - Woke me up. A rumbling noise. Slight shaking.
  • Lake Elsinore - I was awake upstairs around 1am...heard it rumbling before I felt the jolt like Shaking.
  • Wildomar - Quick jolt, no more than 3secs. I was upstairs when I felt it.
  • Sun City - About 1am felt & heard big JOLT! No rolling or shaking at all. Didn't wake my house guest. Just a big JOLT & creaking then over.
  • Perris, CA - I heard it first then felt a jolt.
  • Canyon Lake - Felt it coming up the street for 10 to 15 seconds Then hard shaking for 10 seconds
  • Eucha - Heard my kitchen dishes sound like they were vibrating...
  • Martins Creek, - I am sitting on a concrete slab here and felt the floor moving. Have previously experienced 4.0 and 4.2 earthquakes in past. This one lasted maybe 5 seconds or so. Below 2.0?
  • Long beach - Very small tremors
  • Lake elsinore - Woke us up, we heard the rumbling before it hit
  • Hemet, CA - Used to be afraid of earthquakes couldnt go to sleep for days afterwards lived thru the 1994 Northridge earthquake They don't bother me at all anymore I was in the bathtub when this Hemet quake happened so hd to wait until it stopped shaking LOL Hav a five-year-old didn't wake her at all but I was anxious to get there
  • EMSC Greater Los Angeles Area, Calif. Feb 14 09:01 3.5 14 MAP I Felt It
    EMSC Greater Los Angeles Area, Calif. Jan 26 14:15 2.3 14 MAP I Felt It
    EMSC Greater Los Angeles Area, Calif. Jan 25 14:31 2.3 8 MAP I Felt It
    EMSC San Pedro Channel, California Jan 15 14:01 2.3 4 MAP I Felt It
    USGS Rowland Heights, California Jan 11 03:13 3.0 3 MAP I Felt It INFO
  • Brea - chair shook and popping heard in apartment
  • EMSC Greater Los Angeles Area, Calif. Jan 11 03:13 3.1 3 MAP I Felt It
  • Whittier - Boom sound and felt jolt and slight shaking.
  • EMSC Greater Los Angeles Area, Calif. Jan 07 05:24 2.3 14 MAP I Felt It
  • Apple Valley - felt it
  • USGS Devore, California Dec 30 01:54 2.5 7 MAP I Felt It
    USGS Devore, California Dec 30 01:53 3.8 8 MAP I Felt It
    EMSC Greater Los Angeles Area, Calif. Dec 30 01:53 3.8 6 MAP I Felt It
    EMSC Greater Los Angeles Area, Calif. Dec 30 01:51 2.4 2 MAP I Felt It
    WCATWC 55 Miles Sw Of Barstow California Dec 30 01:49 4.7 4 MAP I Felt It INFO
  • Riverside - No damage, a jolting few seconds of shaking.
  • USGS Devore, California Dec 30 01:48 4.4 6 MAP I Felt It
    EMSC Greater Los Angeles Area, Calif. Dec 30 01:48 4.4 7 MAP I Felt It
    EMSC Southern California Dec 28 05:00 2.4 4 MAP I Felt It
    EMSC Greater Los Angeles Area, Calif. Dec 24 10:32 2.6 8 MAP I Felt It
    USGS Anaheim, California Dec 24 10:32 2.6 7 MAP I Felt It
    EMSC Southern California Dec 24 01:11 2.3 5 MAP I Felt It
    USGS Newport Beach, California Dec 23 17:45 3.0 9 MAP I Felt It
    EMSC Greater Los Angeles Area, Calif. Dec 23 17:45 2.9 8 MAP I Felt It
    EMSC Greater Los Angeles Area, Calif. Dec 20 23:29 2.4 8 MAP I Felt It
    USGS Newport Beach, California Dec 20 23:22 3.4 9 MAP I Felt It
  • Huntington Beach, CA - A quick small little jolt nothing more
  • Santa Ana - it happened for a quick two seconds
  • Irvine - One big shake then done.
  • Orange County - About 3:25 pm I felt slight moving then a strong jolt that lasted about 15-20 seconds. About 20 minutes later I felt an aftershock. Very short and small
  • Fountain Valley - First a loud boom, then shaking for a few seconds, then felt the ground rolling for a few more seconds. Very quick. No damage here.
  • Garden Grove - 2 second jolt, very obvious but not strong
  • Santa Ana - No damage just shaking and glass doors shaking.
  • Tustin - one large thump.
  • Costa Mesa, CA - NO damage.. rattled windows, and the household felt it ... more of a thump than a shaking ... felt like about a 2 and was comparable to the same feeling for the one a few days ago. This is all residential and no damage occurred outside or around us. Prior to the quake the area got very quiet among the neighborhood dogs and birds. They always sense it ahead of time.
  • EMSC Greater Los Angeles Area, Calif. Dec 20 23:22 3.1 7 MAP I Felt It INFO
    EMSC Greater Los Angeles Area, Calif. Nov 19 06:52 2.5 11 MAP I Felt It
    USGS Devore, California Nov 18 04:41 3.4 10 MAP I Felt It INFO
    USGS Devore, California Nov 18 04:41 2.6 8 MAP I Felt It
    EMSC Greater Los Angeles Area, Calif. Nov 18 04:41 2.4 1 MAP I Felt It
    USGS Fontana, California Nov 13 11:32 3.0 11 MAP I Felt It
    EMSC Greater Los Angeles Area, Calif. Nov 13 11:32 3.0 12 MAP I Felt It INFO
  • Los Angeles - One solid shake of the building.
  • EMSC Greater Los Angeles Area, Calif. Nov 05 01:54 2.3 4 MAP I Felt It
    USGS Malibu Beach, California Oct 25 11:05 3.3 10 MAP I Felt It INFO
    EMSC Greater Los Angeles Area, Calif. Oct 25 11:05 3.3 10 MAP I Felt It
  • Thousand Oaks, CA - Felt shaking for about 5 seconds total but it was strongest for only 1.5 seconds or so
  • Malibu - Awoke me and the dog suddenly, with a two pulse jolt.
  • Monte nido - Sharp jolt
  • Thousand oaks - Small jolt for a second
  • Malibu - Significant but short shake
  • Woodland hills - .
  • Westlake Village - I felt apt shake for 4 seconds. Major jolt within the first 1 second.
  • Camarillo - Awoke with a Short jolt
  • Agoura - Just a quick hard jolt... enuf to wake me!
  • thousand oaks - Just felt something in the wardrobe fell down....like a shirt from a hanger.....while i was asleep.... So the time it took for the shirt to fall from the hanger to the ground can be measured from the gravitational force and mass of objects involved in the fall the time is apprx... 1.672 second
  • Malibu - Work me up!
  • Agoura Hills - I was wakend by the noice, followed by a strong jolt. It was then over, just a few seconds in all.
  • Malibu - Sharp, but short
  • Newbury Park - I felt a sharp jolt too. Thought the cat jumped on the bed but entertainment center creeked too.
  • Thousand Oaks - Loud boom sound followed by brief a jolt. Only lasted a few seconds but woke me up!
  • Agoura Hills - Woke up to the bed shaking and our dresser banging against the wall. Was unmistakable, but didn't break the mirror on the dresser. Lasted about 5 seconds. Haven't walked around the house yet, but I don't think there is any damage.
  • Camarillo - Woke to shaking for about 3 seconds and heard light rumbling/rattling. Suspected about 2.7-2.8.
  • Calabasas - It woke me up
  • Malibu - Felt it enough that it woke me up.
  • Marina Del Rey - Few seconds, and yes, it woke me up.
  • Hidden Hills - It woke me up while I was sleeping. It was a sharp jolt and over quickly.
  • Oak Park - A very quick, sharp jolt that shook the windows. Only lasted about 1-2 seconds.
  • Los Angeles - just felt the after shock at 3:41pm. May have been others previously that I didn't notice Very very slight, practically unnoticeable, the slightest of a tremor--but it was a tremor.
  • Westlake Village - Sharp jolt. Books fell off bookshelf. Woke us up.
  • Malibu CA - A very strong jolt and loud noise woke me up. I knew it was an earthquake. No damage.
  • Martinez - It was just one big shake and then it stopped, but it woke me up
  • Sherman Oaks - Woke me up.
  • EMSC Southern California Oct 22 18:08 2.4 10 MAP I Felt It
    USGS Marina Del Rey, California Sep 05 04:55 2.7 9 MAP I Felt It
    EMSC Greater Los Angeles Area, Calif. Sep 05 04:55 2.7 9 MAP I Felt It
    EMSC Greater Los Angeles Area, Calif. Aug 31 16:07 2.3 14 MAP I Felt It
    USGS Compton, California Aug 31 16:05 2.9 13 MAP I Felt It INFO
  • Lynwood - The whole building shook once and thats it
  • Compton - No Damage
  • San Diego - Looked like Mt. Helix was a little lower than usual.
  • EMSC Greater Los Angeles Area, Calif. Aug 31 16:05 2.9 14 MAP I Felt It
    EMSC Greater Los Angeles Area, Calif. Aug 13 05:54 2.3 5 MAP I Felt It
    EMSC San Pedro Channel, California Aug 04 18:01 2.3 1 MAP I Felt It
    EMSC San Pedro Channel, California Aug 04 16:58 2.3 0 MAP I Felt It
    USGS Fontana, California Jul 25 12:54 4.2 5 MAP I Felt It INFO
  • LA - Not sure, just felt a shake
  • Riverside - rolling ground and shaking windows
  • Orange County - Quick jolt
  • Yorba Linda ca - No damage. Sharp jolt.
  • fontana california - Floor jolted up 2-3 time. Loud Thumping sound
  • Chino hills - Rolling light originated east of our position
  • Riverside - longer sustained shaking
  • Jurupa Valley, CA - about 5:55am huge booming sound heavy strong shaking dogs barking elderly mother woke from deep sleep I was already awake, after shaking died down, still felt a rolling sensation for several seconds
  • Anaheim, California - Just the bed shaking a little bit.
  • Tustin - I woke up by a jolt. My computer from sleep mode turned on. It was just one jolt. There were no additional shakes that I felt.
  • Fontana - Strong enough to wake us up, but not strong enough for any damage
  • Montclair Ca - Very short light shaking. Heard the sound of walls lightly shaking.
  • Rialto - I felt strong shaking no damage at all just a really strong shake frightened a little but okay
  • San Bernardino - Woke up a while ago but still chillin' on my bed. All of a sudden 4 seconds of earthquake came rumbling by. No damage done because it didn't shake hard enough.
  • Fontana - no property damage books fell off shelf
  • San Bernardino - Woke me up
  • Fontana - Strong jolt. Woke me up and I sleep through everything. No damage to report.
  • victorville ca. - felt a very quick shake about 6am
  • San Bernardino - Lasted about 4 to 5 seconds.
  • Glendale ca - No damage but could hear the house cracking and fish tank cracking noise
  • Chino - Upstairs. Windows shaking. House built to move with earthquake. Felt long and strong.
  • Fullerton, Ca - I was sleeping and then all of the sudden, I felt a slight shaking, I live in a second story apartment and the whole room shook and I got up almost instantly and got under my door frame. The shaking was mild and only lasted like 4 seconds, it wasn't as strong as other times in the past, but trust me, we felt it over here.
  • Riverside, CALIFORNIA - im on the 2nd floor.had just gotten up and felt it quick , light but definetely saw the walls shaking.
  • Fontana - No damage caused by this morning's tremors. It was loud and Woke up everyone sleeping in the two story home. Scared furry felines in home as well. Glad no damage to the home and family.
  • Murrieta - Side to side shaking as I was waking up.
  • huntington beach - mild
  • Colton california - In 2nd story apt bldg. Shaking and building rocking enough to wake me up. No damage or an thing falling, though.
  • Rancho Cucamonga - Sharp sharp jerk, followed by waves that seemed to last minutes
  • Montclair - I was just waking and felt the shaking. It was moderate.
  • Los Angeles - My lamp and sliding mirror closet doors started shaking very lightly. Heard the shaking. Woke up but didn't feel the shaking.
  • RIVERSIDE - LIGHT RUMBLE LASTING 4 + SECONDS SOUNDED LIKE ROCK CRACKING TRAVELING NORTH TO SOUTH
  • Fontana - quite a good shake
  • North Fontana Ca - Felt like sky fallen and new bed sheet fell down from table
  • Riverside, CA - Woke me up from a dead sleep!
  • Rancho Cucamonga - No damage to the house, but it woke me up. Bed was shaking and sounded like a plane was rolling through. Lasted 3-4 seconds. Whole house was rumbling
  • Arcadia, CA - No damage. Was on third floor, felt side to side motion north to south, then a pause for a few seconds then another side to side motion north to south.
  • Rancho Cucamonga - Addition to Rancho area: we just found a few deep cracks in the columns that support our patio and to the concrete outside
  • Rialto/Bloomington - Strong Jolt. Woke me up and waited for a second if there would be more movement and then there was none so I went back to sleep.
  • EMSC Greater Los Angeles Area, Calif. Jul 25 12:54 4.2 6 MAP I Felt It
    WCATWC 65 Miles Sw Of Barstow California Jul 25 12:54 4.2 6 MAP I Felt It
    USGS Palos Verdes Estates, California Jul 21 01:52 2.8 10 MAP I Felt It
    EMSC Santa Monica Bay, California Jul 21 01:52 2.8 10 MAP I Felt It
    USGS Muscoy, California Jul 14 19:18 2.8 13 MAP I Felt It
    EMSC Greater Los Angeles Area, Calif. Jul 14 19:18 2.9 12 MAP I Felt It
    EMSC Southern California Jun 25 12:38 2.3 15 MAP I Felt It
    EMSC Greater Los Angeles Area, Calif. Jun 22 21:49 2.5 4 MAP I Felt It
    EMSC Greater Los Angeles Area, Calif. Jun 19 00:18 2.3 9 MAP I Felt It
    EMSC Greater Los Angeles Area, Calif. Jun 18 12:56 2.5 3 MAP I Felt It

Data sources courtesy : USGS - EMSC - GFZ - GEONET (New Zealand only)

REAL TIME EARTHQUAKE LISTS - WORLD - REGIONS - COUNTRIES - STATE

Our Fast Earthquake and Tsunami Twitter Accounts :
    M4+ - ALL - M5+ - M6+ - CHILICANADABRITISH COLUMBIA - CALIFORNIA - OREGONWASHINGTON - HAWAIITEXASOKLAHOMA

Comments

1. Maureen Kely says:

Earthquake felt in Fullerton around 1:10 am. It seemed pretty long. Walls were swaying and the building was shaking. We're in the 2nd floor of an apartment. My dog is shook up.

2. In northwest Brea, on third floor of my apt., felt the 3.6 Friday night....then the 5.1 an hour later SHOOK THE LIVING SHIT out of my place and lots of broken glass. The aftershocks are ENDLESS - and in Brea you can feel EVERY AFTERSHOCK, even the smallest one, because we're on Epicenter! Felt more like a 7.1 than a 5.1!!

Thanks Susan for telling us - So you can imagine what a M6.1 would do (10 times stronger!). Thanks for sharing your experience with us.

3. Jalsgslpal says:

Laying down for a nap and felt the bed shake for about 5 seconds.
      Heard about Fullerton so I knew
      It was an aftershock. Born and bred in earthquake country.
      Been through a lot of rockers. 1971, 1993 north ridge.