Strong earthquake near Los Angeles (La Habra, Brea, Fullerton, La Mirada) + strong aftershock

New aftershocks will be added instantly! + Page refresh every 30 minutes + Keep page open in a browser tab.
Other people who contributed to this article : our many readers, Jens Skapski and Carlos Robles

Are you one of the people who felt the shaking of this earthquake ? If yes, please fill in the form below by clicking on the  "I Felt It" button of "I Felt A (not Listed) Earthquake" on top of the list. Thank you.

Update 21:50 UTC : Strong M4.1 Magnitude aftershock

Screen Shot 2014-03-29 at 22.48.35

Update 17:16UTC : 20 units in an apartment complex and 3 homes have been red tagged in Fullerton (means people cannot live there anymore for hopefully only a short time), at least 84 people have been displaced.

Update 06:33 UTC : 40+ aftershock so far (most of them could be hardly felt)
The earthquake was felt in 7 counties, including parts of San Diego

Update 06:28 UTC : Hours before, a 3.6-magnitude tremor hit the same spot, according to the USGS.
Friday's quake was stronger and shook longer. Twenty years ago, a 6.7-magnitude killed 57 people in the greater Los Angeles area and caused $42 billion in damage. Source KCCI

Screen Shot 2014-03-29 at 06.17.33

Update 06:24 UTC : New comments in our Facebook page
Nellie Hernandez-Peyton My sister lives on the borderline of La Habra/Whittier/La Mirada and her neighbors chimney came down.
Karen Mahan It was really strong. Friends lost power, stuff off shelves and one injury known. Yorba Linda/Anaheim Hills
Alex Franco I am on the brea / la habra border and it knocked everything off my walls and almost made me fall

Update 06:16 UTC : You can follow the aftershocks on the ABC seismograph here

Update 06:14 UTC : Red Cross opens shelter in La Habra Community Center for those impacted

Update 05:52 UTC : Carbon canyon closed between Valencia and county line. One minor injury in a car accident caused by a rockfall triggered by the earthquake

Update 05:41 UTC : New reports are telling us that about 2000 people are currently without power

Twitter picture - Click on the image for the original tweet

Update 05:39 UTC : There have been various reports of water main and gas main leaks possibly caused by the quake in La Habra, Fullerton and La Mirada. There have also been some scattered but limited power outages.

Update 05:34 UTC : At a home in San Dimas, dozens of pictures flew off walls, a ladder fell and dented a car in garage and medicine cabinets flew open and emptied out. Our opinion : This family was NOT prepared enough. In earthquake areas all hanging and standing objects should be well fixed!
This is a major event but is not a a very strong earthquake, in our terms only a moderate earthquake, so please fix heavy objects in the houses and know what to fo when it happens.

Update 05:25 UTC : Epicenter was on Sonora High school area
More GOOD NEWS: Los Angeles Metro says all rail service has resumed normal operations

Update 05:21 UTC : A lot of material damage but luckily nothing structural
- People will sleep on cars and leave the city because of the continuous earthquakes (aftershocks)

Update 05:13 UTC : The Los Angeles Police and Fire Departments have conducted an assessment and report no damage in the City. It looks to be a lucky escape as no serious damage or injuries have been reported yet.

Update 05:09 UTC : quake located on the Puente Hills fault.

Update 05:01 UTC : Residents in La Habra, near the epicenter, have sent out pictures on social media showing broken vases, topped furniture and items scattered around their homes. No structural damage has been reported so far. Disneyland has closed some rides, according to guests. Some said they were stuck on rides.
The Los Angeles Fire Department said there have been no reports of significant damage in Los Angeles.
Power was out in some neighborhoods near the epicenter. There are no reported injures.

Twitter image courtesy and copyright @Ricksforza

Update 04:58 UTC : Track and equipment inspection on all Metro Rail lines due to earlier earthquake is complete. No damage or injuries reported.

Update 04:50 UTC : People are feeling continuous aftershocks in the epicenter area
- Los Angeles County Fire receives reports of gas leaks, minor damage.
- Water main break reported in Fullerton area.

Update 04:48 UTC : Reports of water main break in La Mirada and power down in some places.
Earthquake caused rockslide in Carbon Canyon. Carbon Cyn closed.
LAPD has 3 choppers up, no significant damage seen.
No major structural damage in fire stations.

Update 04:40 UTC : Many moderate aftershocks
The initial Magnitude was downgraded from M5.6 to M5.1 which has a lot less risk than the first one. MMI VII reported as highest intensity

Screen Shot 2014-03-29 at 05.44.01 Screen Shot 2014-03-29 at 05.44.14

Screen Shot 2014-03-29 at 05.30.18

Update : Many Disneyland guests have said on social media that rides have been stopped as a precaution. The park is south of the epicenter.
Update : Residents in Orange County reported the quake lasted for about 10 seconds. They said they felt gradual shaking.

2km (1mi) E of La Habra, California
2km (1mi) WNW of Brea, California
5km (3mi) SSW of Rowland Heights, California
6km (4mi) N of Fullerton, California
544km (338mi) W of Phoenix, Arizona

Label info : M = magnitude, D = depth (km), Time = UTC - Click here for the Time Zone world map.
Click here for examples of our "earthquake notifications (button below)"

Refresh this list
USGS Loma Linda, Ca Mar 16 04:18 2.5 17 MAP
USGS Pacoima, Ca Mar 13 18:46 2.8 7 MAP I Felt It INFO
  • Los Angeles - 2 seconds of shaking at 11:46am
  • North hills - 1 second
  • Arleta - Light shaking barely shook the bed but lasted about 3-5 seconds at most. Walls sounded like there was pressure but nothing too big. No damage occurred.
  • Northridge - Strong shaking
  • Arleta - Light shaking
  • Sylmar - 2 secs, no damage
  • Granada hills - very strong jolt out of nowhere, lasted 1 second
  • Granada Hills, California - Strong jolt
  • Sylmar, CA - Weak shaking
  • Studio City - Two light shakes. First was lighter and less duration than second.
  • Pacoima - Heard a hard bang. Students said they felt light shaking, going up and down.
  • SAN FERNANDO - NO DAMAGE , FELT LIKE A SEMI HIT THE BUILDING THAT QUICK 1-2 SECONDS
  • PACOIMA - Was a jolt.. Felt as if something hit the side of house and mild shaking then stop as soon as I was about to get up.
  • Sylmar - Weak shaking
  • EMSC Greater Los Angeles Area, Calif. Mar 13 18:46 2.9 7 MAP
    USGS Moreno Valley, Ca Mar 13 07:28 2.7 13 MAP
    EMSC Greater Los Angeles Area, Calif. Mar 13 07:28 2.9 13 MAP I Felt It INFO
  • Los Angeles, california - No damage but the floor and windows were shaking a lot. and there was a rumble, kind of like if there was thunder underneath the ground.
  • USGS Loma Linda, Ca Mar 09 16:05 2.5 16 MAP
    USGS Moreno Valley, Ca Mar 07 07:01 2.6 14 MAP
    USGS Norwalk, Ca Feb 26 09:51 3.1 12 MAP
    EMSC Greater Los Angeles Area, Calif. Feb 26 09:51 3.3 11 MAP I Felt It INFO
  • Norwalk - Definitely felt shaking. More than normal. Was afraid there would be more shakes following.
  • Lakewood - Moderate shaking
  • Long Beach - Felt an impact like something struck the building from the side strongly.
  • Norwalk - Strong jolt for two seconds. Mom and sister thought it was someone on the roof or hitting our home.
  • lakewood, ca - Light shaking
  • Paramount - It was a sudden, strong jolt that lasted just a second. I actually saw my bedroom move violently which caused me to spring forward and out of my chair. I didn't check to see whether there were any damage to my interior walls.
  • Bellflower - 2 sec blast scared the shit out of me. I thought it was gas explosion
  • Norwalk - Approx. 1:30am...one strong/intense jolt that woke the household. Considered if house was hit by car.
  • Norwalk, CA - doing late night work and felt a hard jolt, was just a tremor but braced for something larger just in case. Slight shaking
  • Artesia - Strong jolt for about 2 seconds as if something had hit the building.
  • USGS Malibu Beach, Ca Feb 23 11:30 2.6 10 MAP
    USGS Loma Linda, Ca Feb 12 10:35 2.7 15 MAP I Felt It INFO
    USGS Fontana, Ca Feb 11 12:54 2.6 10 MAP
    USGS Sherman Oaks, Ca Feb 08 02:20 2.6 3 MAP
    USGS Westwood, Ca Feb 08 02:20 2.7 4 MAP
    USGS Northridge, Ca Jan 30 17:46 2.8 13 MAP I Felt It INFO
  • Los Angeles - One jolt and then a short bit of shaking.
  • Calabasas - I heard it before I felt it.. a bang and then shaking
    USGS La Verne, Ca Oct 27 01:05 2.9 5 MAP
    EMSC Greater Los Angeles Area, Calif. Oct 27 01:05 2.9 6 MAP I Felt It INFO
  • Murrieta - I felt the apartment building shake
  • USGS Calimesa, Ca Oct 01 17:56 3.5 15 MAP
    EMSC Southern California Oct 01 17:56 3.5 17 MAP I Felt It INFO
  • RIVERSIDE - Short quick jolt
  • Perris - just a quick few seconds. Door shook. Heard light crackling.
  • Menifee - Weak shaking
  • Idyllwild, CA - It was a rolling jolt which lasted only 2-4 seconds. There was no property damage.
  • Palm Desert, California - It was only for a couple of seconds about 11:00 a.m. this afternoon.
  • Lake Elsinore - Calimesa 3.5m quake: Started with low rumble sound, then a slight 'ground drop' feeling...so slight that nothing really moved in the house. I heard and felt it because I was standing still and the house was quiet. My dog definitely heard/felt it!
  • idyllwild, cal. - a sudden violent shaker...wife screamed..nothing since then.
  • USGS Calimesa, Ca Sep 30 14:41 3.6 16 MAP
    EMSC Southern California Sep 30 14:41 3.6 17 MAP I Felt It INFO
  • California - Woke me up around 4 seconds at 7:41
  • Yucaipa, ca - 2 seconds, shook the screens on the house.
  • USGS San Bernardino, Ca Sep 20 12:44 3.4 15 MAP
  • stevenson ranch, ca - Weak shaking
  • Azusa - less than 3 seconds
  • San Dimas, CA - 5 seconds, no property damage
  • Palm Springs - Weak shaking
  • HEMET - Light shaking
  • Altadena - Lasted about 2 sec
  • Apple Valley - 15 seconds. No damage. 7:33 p.m.
  • Fountain Valley - 4 seconds
  • Los angeles - Weak shaking
  • Walnut, CA - about 5-6 sec
  • Anaheim - Strong shaking
  • Whittier - Strong jolt
  • Buena park - About 7:35 pm was sitting on table in Buena park and the floor was saying side to side for a good 15 seconds
  • los angeles - Moderate shaking
  • Long beach - Light shaking
  • whittier california - 3 seconds no damage
  • La Verne - Short two or three seconds. No damage. Seem the wave came from the North traveling South.
  • Long beach - Weak shaking
  • Chino - No property damage
  • Santa Ana - On couch quick shake
  • Los Angeles - Started at about 7:30 pm and lasted 4-5 seconds. No damaged property. Thankfully my home has earthquake proofing.
  • Pasadena - Felt something light before the real shake happened. Not much shaking, maybe a second or two. More like a jolt.
  • Arcadia - Weak shaking
  • NEWPORT BEACH - 5 seconds, no damage, window shake, floor vibrations, slight sway on hanging objects.
  • Hacienda Heights - More like a 6 second vibration.
  • Arcadia - About 10 seconds
  • hesperia - very quick but noticeable. Everyone felt it in the room.
  • Coachella Valley - No damage Few seconds at 7:30 pm apx
  • Norco - No Damage. One quick jolt
  • la puente - Vibration 5 seconds 7:40p
  • San Pedro - Very weak shaking
  • Whittier - A large jolt hat shook the house followed by shaking for 10 secs approximately. Lamp shades were shaking and ceiling fans chains were swinging as if they were hit.
  • city of industry, ca - Vibration. 6 seconds. 7:33pm 8/26/2018
  • mira loma - Moderate shaking
  • Los Angeles, Ca - I felt light shaking for about 3 to 4 seconds. No damage.
  • Commerce - Very weak shaking
  • La Verne - Felt 3 of them almost 2 minutes apart @7:30-40ish pm
  • Los Angeles - noise of house shifting repeatedly, barely felt movement, went on 15-20 seconds, followed by a subtle lingering ripple,gradually tapering off
  • Buena Park , CA - Felt like a jolt, it was quick! No damage .
  • Corona - I felt it, very strong
  • Monrovia - 10 seconds
  • Corona Ca. - 10 sec, 1jolt little shakes
  • reseda - was fast though strong
  • Los Angeles - 3 a 4 secondes
  • Anaheim - I Was Using My Computer And Watching My DVD And Felt A Strong Jolt Of My Computer Chair And When I Went Into The Door Way Either A Second Earthquake Happened After That Was Stronger Or The Same Earthquake Kept Getting Stronger It Felt Like A 5 Not A 4
  • Лос-Анджелес - Weak shaking
  • CORONA - lasted a couple seconds
  • Palmdale - Weak shaking
  • Chino - I was in my car parked and thought my kids were pushing it back and forth
  • los angeles - Weak shaking
  • Fullerton - Light shaking
  • USGS Villa Park, Ca Aug 24 06:57 2.5 9 MAP
    USGS Charter Oak, Ca Aug 15 14:11 2.5 12 MAP
    USGS Fontana, Ca Aug 10 21:41 2.8 16 MAP I Felt It INFO
    USGS Trabuco Canyon, Ca Aug 10 19:39 2.6 10 MAP I Felt It INFO
    EMSC Southern California Aug 10 19:39 3.0 10 MAP
    USGS Signal Hill, Ca Aug 05 10:42 2.7 10 MAP
    EMSC Greater Los Angeles Area, Calif. Aug 05 10:42 2.9 11 MAP I Felt It INFO
  • Long Beach ca - Light shaking
  • Maywood - It was a slight jolt. I knew it was a quake when I heard my window rattle a bit.
  • Long Beach - Strong shaking
  • USGS Ontario, Ca Aug 02 14:36 2.7 9 MAP
    EMSC Southern California Jul 26 18:46 3.1 16 MAP I Felt It INFO
    USGS Calimesa, Ca Jul 26 18:46 3.1 16 MAP
    USGS Buena Park, Ca Jul 12 20:24 2.9 19 MAP I Felt It INFO
  • Longview - I felt my houae shaking bed shaking about 0107am, then a aftershock at approximately 0208am was this a result from Mt. ST.Helens?
  • La Habra - I was taking a nap on the den couch in this heat and was jarred awake by a slight jolt that woke, not only me, but my three dogs sleeping with me, as well. It was very slight, but I thought it may be right under me, as was the bigger jolt from a couple of months ago, which was centered here in La Habra. This one was, apparently, in Buena Park, which is two cities to the south of me.
  • Long beach,calif. - A Single quick jolt .
  • Buena Park - I was doing my homework when all the sudden everything started shaking and it felt like someone was shaking the room.
  • USGS Ontario, Ca Jul 10 12:33 2.5 3 MAP
    USGS Ontario, Ca Jul 10 11:08 3.6 4 MAP I Felt It INFO
  • Anaheim - Light shaking
  • Montclair - Around 4:07am july 10,2018
  • Riverside - It happened at 4:05am it woke me up with some light shaking not enough to wake everyone else up, it lasted 7 seconds. Location Southern California riverside, ca.
  • norco - 5-7 seconds
  • City - About 1 to 2 seconds. 410 am, July 10th. Norco CA. 92860 Not aware if damage.
  • Riverside, CA - Lasted perhaps 1 second. Frightened our two cats.
  • Rubidoux - Very weak shaking
  • Ontario - Strong shaking
  • Eastvale - Strong shaking
  • Montclair CA - it wake me up!
  • Anaheim Hills - My bed shook abruptly as if my small dog jumped on it. It ended within a few seconds.
  • Upland,ca - I was getting up from sleep , tv was still on , I was picking up papers and heading to my room , and I had just closed the bedroom door and bam! It was a quick jolt , sounded like someone had barreled into my door hard, it made my heart jump and then dread rushed over me it was like a jolt hard, then light to moderate shaking .. too sharp to think it was my cat who tends to throw herself against my door from the outside to come in , I ripped open my door and my pets were freaked out staring atme
  • Chino - 2 seconds. Scared both dogs
  • Rancho Cucamonga - Moderate shaking
  • Upland,ca - Upland , ca. Sharp jolt, moderate shaking small rollloud , about 4:07am
  • Ontario, CA - Moderate shaking
  • Riverside - I was up all night so it was a rise as on my phone and felt a sharp jolt that lasted for 4 seconds so I bought someone may have crashed their car in house because it was so sharp
  • Ontario, CA - 1 to 2 seconds, very strong shake/jolt but no damage done.
  • Eastvale - A strong jolt with shaking for a few seconds. Like a small explosion then some rattling!
  • LA Verne - 2 seconds. No damages. Reminded me more of a Sonic boom because it hit quickly, jolted the house, and then stopped.
  • Colton - Light shaking
  • Ontario - Quick jolt sounded like a train
  • Eastvale - Woke is up about 10 seconds of shaking no damage got ng back to sleep 😴
  • Ontario - Strong shaking
  • Ontario - I almost jumped from bed!
  • Riverside, CA - Rolling sensation lasted approx (estimated) 5 seconds. Was already awake. Those sleeping did not awaken. Rattling sound, but no swaying of drapes, blinds. No movement of furnishings. No damage.
  • Eastvale - Strong jolt and then shaking for a few seconds.
  • Ontario - Strong Jolt with shaking after.
  • Ontario - I feel three times shaking
  • Chino - Light Quick Jolt
  • Ontario - No damage, Windows rattled, lasted just a few seconds
  • Ontario, Ca - Strong shaking
  • Upland - Felt the jolt and then shaking for a few second. Everyone else slept right on through...
  • Ontario - I woke up to the sound of the shutters crackling, i realized it was an earthquake, and like a southern California born resident, I just went back to bed.
  • Ontario CA - I felt two quakes one at 4am and another 45 minutes later.
  • ONTARIO - Felt like a jolt with a little rumble. Dogs barked.
  • Eastvale - Sudden jolt and moderate shaking for a few seconds. Woke up immediately then again at 5:35 it rattled my door but no damage so I went back to sleep
  • Bloomington - Very weak shaking
  • Ontario - Felt a rumbling then shaking around 4:05 a.m. No damaged. I was already awake, did not wake anyone else.
  • Chino hills - Light shaking for 10 seconds- but enough to wake me up
  • Ontario calif - 3 seconds woke me up house rattle wife did not feel it no dsmage
  • Eastvale - Strong shaking
  • Ontario - Woke up bearded dragons and interrupted my threesome.
  • Norco, CA - Light shaking
  • irvine - last several minutes. No damage. On 7th floor of a hotel and feels like there are trains passing underneath as if in a subway system, but no subway system here.
  • EMSC Greater Los Angeles Area, Calif. Jul 10 11:08 3.5 3 MAP
    USGS Loma Linda, Ca Jun 27 01:22 2.6 16 MAP I Felt It INFO
    USGS Malibu, Ca Jun 14 11:31 2.5 8 MAP
    USGS Lytle Creek, Ca Jun 06 18:35 2.5 6 MAP
    USGS Green Acres, Ca Jun 03 18:38 2.5 14 MAP
    EMSC Greater Los Angeles Area, Calif. Jun 03 15:21 2.9 9 MAP I Felt It INFO
  • La Habra - A strong jolt & loud sound
  • USGS La Habra, Ca Jun 03 15:21 2.7 7 MAP
    USGS Loma Linda, Ca May 12 07:14 3.1 15 MAP
    EMSC Greater Los Angeles Area, Calif. May 12 07:14 3.1 15 MAP I Felt It INFO
  • Los Angeles - Enge gedachte dat er een aardbeving is. 4 keer enkele seconden de voorbije nacht tss middernacht en 4u
  • GEOFON Southern California May 08 11:49 4.3 10 MAP I Felt It INFO
    USGS Fontana, Ca May 05 00:17 2.6 7 MAP
    USGS Trabuco Canyon, Ca Apr 28 20:24 2.5 8 MAP
    USGS Loma Linda, Ca Apr 28 08:50 2.5 16 MAP
    USGS Moreno Valley, Ca Apr 25 16:52 3.2 14 MAP
    EMSC Greater Los Angeles Area, Calif. Apr 25 16:52 3.2 14 MAP I Felt It INFO
  • Moreno Valley - Strong shaking
  • Riverside - I live in Riverside California I heard the rumbling and then the house shook there was no structure damage or any breakage and my home
  • USGS Gardena, Ca Apr 12 10:53 2.5 12 MAP
    EMSC Greater Los Angeles Area, Calif. Apr 10 13:23 3.0 4 MAP I Felt It INFO
  • San Bernardino - This lasted about 3 seconds
  • Fontana - 1 second or so no damage
  • Rialto - Minor shaking. Only lasted for 2-3 seconds. Sounded like a train hit my house for a split second then i relized it was a earthquake. Happened about 6:30 am. No damages that I can see
  • Colton - It was heard first, then the house shook. It\'s very quiet in my neighborhood at that time. We heard it rolling then felt the shake.
  • Rialto, Ca - Approximately around 6:35am April 10,2018. I woke up because I had heard loud rumbling. Then I felt the shaking, it lasted around 10 seconds maybe less. I am on the second story of a 2 story house.
  • Fontana - No damages
  • USGS Fontana, Ca Apr 10 13:23 3.0 4 MAP
    USGS Lytle Creek, Ca Apr 09 07:32 3.2 11 MAP I Felt It INFO
  • Redmond Wa - Laying in bed and started feeling my bed shaking, lasted at least 30 sec. it was around 9:32 pm pacific time in Redmond Washington. So far this is the only earthquake I have found that seems to match up with the day and time. April 8th, 2018
  • Fontana - Light shaking
  • Upland - Moderate shaking
  • San Bernardino - Accompanied by rumble and lasted approximately 4 seconds
  • Rancho Cucamonga - House shook quickly. Heard house tense and only lasted for a split second
  • Fontana - About a second or two. Nothing broken
  • Rancho Cucamonga - 4 seconds. No damage
  • Rancho Cucamonga - No damage shaking lasted 4 seconds it felt like someone was moving me from leftto right I was asleep it woke me up
  • RIALTO - About 4-5 seconds
  • Rancho Cucamonga - Rumble before shake then House shook for a couple seconds
  • Pomona - Very weak shaking
  • Apple Valley - It was a little more than a jolt...2 seconds or so. The house shaking was audible.
  • Fontana - Very loud noise, everything was shaking inside my room. Nothing damaged, lasted about 10-15 seconds. Short but loud! Woke me up from my sleep.
  • Upland Ca - Very weak shaking
  • Pomona - Light shaking
  • Rancho Cucamonga - Rumble then followed by house shaking
  • Victorville - Very weak shaking
  • Covina, CA - Big roof creak startled me and the dogs.
  • La Verne - Jolt/ loud creak in roof
  • Summit Valley - Strange that I woke up just seconds before to be alert and feel the house jolt, then shake for a couple seconds.
  • Crestline - The shaking lasted at least 15-20 seconds. Heard a bang and felt the house shake.
  • Jurupa Valley - Short but very loud !
  • Apple Valley - I felt the light shack at 12:30 pm you heard it a lil more
  • Rancho Cucamonga - Weak shaking
  • Upland, CA - It was brief (5 seconds) but very distinct. I knew it was an earthquake.
  • San Bernardino - Light shaking
  • Fontana - Weak shaking
  • Claremont, CA - Shook the entire house. Loud.
  • Riverside - 2 seconds
  • San Bernardino county - It was like a quick shift as i was watching tv i felt the house do as if it was to be pushed by something and quicklly i said it had to be an earthquake but without all that dramatic shaking pretty awsome right.....
  • Redlands - I was in the garage n heard the garage door shaking it lasted about 5 seconds. Wow
  • Cabazon - very light shaking for a few seconds. I asked my husband if we had an earthquake and he replies a simply "No." Look who was right Babe?
  • Hesperia - It really felt like a nasty jolt.
  • Lake Arrowhead - 5-10 seconds, no damage
  • Upland - Sharp jolt, following by slight rocking. LOUD! Maybe 5 seconds.
  • Rancho Cucamonga - House shook and I heard a rumble only for about 3 seconds, it was a few minutes past midnight, scary cause both both my husband and I were using our headphones and we looked at each other and ran to check out if kids were ok!
  • Fontana - It lasted like only about 2 seconds. It happened pretty fast.
  • Crestline - I live in Crestline California. At 12:31am I heard a loud bang and my bed shook simultaneously. It was pretty loud I could hear it echo through the moutains.
  • Montclair - Not long about1 second.
  • Riverside - The shaking was weak but this one was strange because I could hear it more than I could feel it. The noise started for about 6 seconds before I started feeling a slight gliding movement for only a few seconds... The noise it made I thought there might be a big boom or something.... But it just stopped... I'm holding my breath still
  • Upland,ca - Light shaking
  • Laguna Niguel - 4 or 5 seconds max, nothing damaged
  • EMSC Southern California Apr 09 07:31 3.2 12 MAP
    USGS Redlands, Ca Mar 24 20:08 2.5 11 MAP
    USGS Upland, Ca Mar 23 14:30 2.5 13 MAP
    USGS Loma Linda, Ca Mar 17 19:58 2.6 16 MAP
    USGS Mentone, Ca Mar 09 12:10 2.5 97 MAP
    USGS Loma Linda, Ca Feb 17 19:08 2.8 15 MAP
    USGS Silver Lake, Ca Feb 17 10:16 2.9 6 MAP
    USGS Mentone, Ca Feb 15 01:47 3.3 13 MAP
  • San Gabriel - Sudden jolt < 1 second No immediate damage noticed Time ~ 1018 GMT (0218 local)
  • EMSC Greater Los Angeles Area, Calif. Feb 15 01:47 3.3 13 MAP I Felt It INFO
  • Moreno Valley - Moderate shaking
  • Moreno Valley - quick jolt
  • USGS Lake Elsinore, California Feb 11 09:02 3.5 4 MAP I Felt It INFO
  • Wildomar - Shook for about Three seconds
  • Lake Elsinore - 2 seconds, no damage
  • Lake elsinore - Moderate shaking
  • Lake Elsinore - Light shaking
  • Lake Elsinore - It only lasted a few seconds. Not even 5 whole seconds. But it was so strong. The pipes in the bathroom creaked and it left me shaking. Really scary
  • Menifee - Weak shaking for a few seconds here in menifee, at around 1am
  • Menifee - Woke from a dead sleep, heard the earthquake then felt it then heard it rumble away.
  • Wildomar - Light shaking
  • Murrieta - Woke up to couple second shake
  • Lake Elsinore - I do not f with this sh*t That Shaking that just happened woke me the f up 😱
  • Lake Elsinore - Woke up to a rumble and light shaking that got stronger and then abruptly stopped after about 5 seconds
  • Canyon Hills Lake Elsinore - Felt longer than the ones in recent past. I would say at least 3 seconds. It shook and made noise.
  • Riverside - I was watching tv when out of no where I felt like something slammed under my sofa and I could hear my candles I had on my coffee table kinda shake
  • Murrieta - 4 seconds. First heard the house creek and the dogs came running down stairs. Light shaking but noisy. That was strange.
  • Sun City - I was watching TV when felt shaking just a few seconds. No damage
  • Lake Elsinore - Wow, 1:03 am. I just snuggled into bed. Playing on my phone. The bed shook, the house rattled. I knew what it was. That sound is unmistakable. It was a good hearty, from the gut rumble and shake. Mabe 3-4 seconds. No damage. I felt the one a couple of weeks ago too. That one was at 2:09 am. Hummm. Be safe,stay calm, hopefully prepared. Keep shoes under or close to bed. Shoes are needed in a damaging quake.
  • lake elsinore - only lasted a few seconds but it was strong shaking, loud. Cats are freaking out. No damage
  • canyon lake - Sharp quick shake, really loud. Sounded like the same kind as a week or so ago but it was only a quick jolt. Very loud though... I\'m starting to think something bigger is on the way, with all these little ones everyday & now these 2 in such short time spans & sounding/feeling the same
  • Sun city - Like a boom underneath.
  • wildomar - my kitty started licking my face something she does in the morning to \"wake us up\" and then a sharp rocking it was quick
  • Lake Elsinore - I was dead asleep in bed and I heard this loud noise and then the bed moved and the window made a loud noise too and of course dogs barked. It was probably 3-4 seconds long. Definitely woke me up though
  • Lake elsinore - About 5 seconds of shaking at 1am
  • Lake Elisnore California - rattled the windows a quick shake
  • Lake Elsinore - My fiancé woke me up from a dead sleep. I felt the end of it. Our bed was shaking moderately, but our tv was violently shaking. It scared me as I’m from the Deep South and have never experienced any earthquake activity. I’ve been in several tornados and hurricanes, but never an earthquake! Thank goodness that my fiancé is from Orange County and knows what to do... No damage though. My German Shepherd was definitely 😱 scared...
  • Lake Elsinore - There was a quick shake maybe lasting approximately 3 seconds
  • La Quinta - It was strong enough to wake me up! One is reminded where we live, be more prepared!
  • EMSC Southern California Feb 11 09:02 3.5 4 MAP
  • Lake Elsinore - Bed was shaking and windows rattled for 2-3 seconds followed by another two seconds of very light vibration (maybe 15-20% of main quake)
  • Lake Elsinore - Strong sound and lots of viviatrion
  • Lake Elsinore - About two seconds of very rough shaking. No damage but things were moved on shelves. Scary!
  • Lake Elsinore - 3 seconds no damage
  • Lake Elsinore - I felt it twice. Friend told me they felt it earlier around 9 p.m. or so I felt it at 12:22 am and I felt it at 1:02 or 1:03 a.m. . The midnight when I felt and heard with minimal shaking but more noise and everything. The second one I heard it was a little bit more shaky. Both lasted at least 5 Seconds or so
  • Lake Elsinore - Woke up from a shake and noise then a few larger pushing type shaking. Very quick 3 it 4 seconds or less
  • Lake Elsinore - Very strong jolt , shaking which got stronger. Shock are bed and windows. I thought that was the big one.
  • Lake elsinore - No damage lasted about 3 seconds.. Felt a little stronger than the one 2 weeks ago.at 2am.
  • Murrieta - Started slow rolling then turned into a jolt. Short during, maybe 10 seconds.
  • Lake Elsinore - Woke up at 1:00 am from a pretty good jolt. No damage
  • Lake Elsinore - I just felt like shaking nothing in out house fell or broke so we're good (:
  • Lake Elsinore - I was laying in bed when I heard this loud grumbling noise and then my bed and sliding door in the bedroom started shaking quite a bit . It lasted about 5-8 seconds and then after about 15 sec I felt it again but not as harsh as the first time .
  • Lake Elsinore - Bed shaking 2-3 seconds enough to wake us. Not enough to knock things over.
  • Menifee - Brief but strong
  • Lakeland Village - Woke me up.
  • Wildomar - Two separate things happened, 1. loud pop or crack with house shaking followed 2. A slight rolling feeling. All lasting not more than a few seconds, maybe 3 sconds or so. No damage noted.
  • Lake Elsinore - Moderate shaking
  • Chino - Woke me up after I felt the light shake and heard the house creek.
  • lake elsinore - awaken by the shake around 1 am.
  • Lakeland Village - This one felt like the last one a few weeks ago. Strong shaking and loud. The only way for me to describe is as if I was living by train tracks and a train was coming by fast the gone.
  • Lake Elsinore - No damage. Heard glass break somewhere outside as the shaking started. The hard shaking lasted about 4 seconds continued with very light shaking for another 3 seconds or so. Looked at the clock it was 1:02 am.
  • Wildomar - Strong jolting for 2-3 seconds.
  • Fremont - At 2:44am i felt the slight shook. It lasted at least 3 seconds.
  • Sun City, CA - Felt the jolt and heard the usual boom at the end. No damage.
  • Lake Elsinore - It woke me up. Very strong.
  • Lake Elsinore - We awoke to a loud boom and a sharp jolt.
  • CANYON LAKE - Similar to the nearby quake a few weeks ago, I heard the loud "snap" as the earth's crust slipped and heard the approaching ground waves trembling thru the canyon. (We get very good acoustic warning in Canyon Lake.) Then the violent shaking lasted for a short 3 seconds. So much recent concentrated shallow seismic activity near Lake Elsinore and the bigger quakes in Mexico that add stress to the northward plates makes me think there's a bigger one coming soon.
  • Lake Elsinore - Shaking woke me out of my sleep, ran down hall to my 12yr son’s room, he slept through it exhausted after basketball tournament earlier in evening but it was a scary one & I’ve grown up in Cali so not usually afraid of Quakes. Glad it didn’t grow in intensity though. Prepare & be safe.
  • Lake Elsinore - Heard the echo coming then house shook lightly/moderately. My dogs were scared.
  • Lake Elsinore - Felt a sharp Jolt and loud boom then light rolling. Ran to daughters room. It. had a woken her up. She hates all earthquakes it really scared her. Several things rattled in the house but nothing broken.
  • Lake Elsinore - Cat stood there then ran to the last room about 30 seconds before. The house shook for about 3-4 seconds. Tv moved, water in cups moved, bed moved, thought it was the washer machine til it I noticed it was a bit stronger than it. Mother of boyfriend over reacted. Brother realized house moves a lot. 👍🏻
  • Lake Elsinore - Light shaking
  • Lake Elsinore - No damage. About 3 seconds.first it was if a door closed a little hard, then about 1 minute later it hit again rather hard jolt
  • Wildomar; Ca. - Big Jolt followed by moderate shaking 2-3 seconds on duration. 1:02 AM.
  • Murrieta - Moderate shaking
  • Lake Elsinore - Not very long but I definitely felt the shaking, it woke me up.
  • Wildomar, California - There was a big jolt and then some mild shaking
  • Lake Elsinore - Woke me up. I live in an rv so shock absorbers take most of the vibration but this one was enough to wake us.
  • Lake Elsinore - Woke me and my dog up because the bed was shaking. A moderate shaking, not scary. Didn't notice the windows rattling or any sound. No property damage.
  • Lake Elsinore - I was in the garage and it was very short but enough to hear cracking and things rattling on the shelves. No damage.
  • Warm springs - No damages, just a strong jolt then slight wave vibration for approx 30 sec. Then dissipated.
  • Lake elisnior - More like a punch.no damage, wife shaken and cat was trembling.no pun intended.
  • Lake Elsinore - My fiancé was awake and woke me up right at the end of the shaking. It was scary for me as I’m from the Deep South, and had never experienced any kind of earthquake activity. I’ve been in several tornados and hurricanes, but never an earthquake. Thank god my fiancé is from Orange County and knows what to do! Nothing broken though!! 😊
  • Wildomar - Felt shaking for about 5 seconds or so. Did not hear any loud booms like the last earthquake.
  • Menifee - Felt the house shake but brief
  • Lake Elsinore - Strong shaking
  • Murrieta - Woke me Up with a very hard jolt followed my mediocre shaking. About 3-5 seconds.
  • La Quinta - It was strong enough to wake me up! Again one is reminded where we live! Be prepared!
  • lAKE LAND VILLAGE LAKE ELSINORE - Moderate shaking
  • Wildomar - Moderate shaking
  • USGS Wildomar, Ca Feb 09 17:30 3.1 27 MAP I Felt It INFO
  • wildomar - one solid jolt with a couple seconds vibration
  • wildomar - My experience was I was in bed about to go to sleep it was about 1 am and my bed started to shake
  • Wildomar - It was about 4:45am when I was awoken by the earthquake. It was a quick jolt but loud one
  • USGS El Cerrito, California Jan 27 12:47 3.4 10 MAP I Felt It INFO
  • Oceanside - 0050 1/27/18
  • Corona - Very weak shaking
  • Silverado,Ca - Weak shaking
  • Riverside - Weak shaking
  • Lake elsinore - A second or two but it was quick but rough
  • Laguna hills - Weak shaking
  • Trabuco Canyon - Very weak shaking
  • EMSC Southern California Jan 27 12:47 3.4 11 MAP
  • Sun city - It vibrated/shook longer than I\'m used to. It seemed like 30-45 seconds
  • Meadowbrook - Very weak shaking
  • California - 2-3 seconds, nothing damage.
  • Corona - Medium jolt and minor shaking of building. Lasted only about 5 seconds.
  • USGS Trabuco Canyon, California Jan 25 10:09 4.0 11 MAP
  • Santa Clara,CA - Light shaking 2-3 seconds
  • Santa cruz - Big thump at 12:22 pm
  • Lake Forest - While laying in bed, my bed noticeably shook underneath me and the walls and window made creaking noises. None of my property appears to be damaged.
  • Los Angeles - Light shaking
  • Los Angeles - Felt things moving in my room very light
  • Los Angeles - Very weak shaking
  • Irvine - Big bump
  • Mission viejo - 10 seconds. Mild shaking. Pretty neat
  • Corona - I was sleeping and around 2am I felt a shake twice.. for like 1 or 2 seconds. No property was damaged.
  • Laguna hills - I dont know if thisnwas exactly it but maybe.
  • Yorba Linda - 2:10am 1/25/18 Sharp jolt. House rattled.
  • Silverado, CA - Strong shaking but only last a few seconds. Around 2:10am.
  • Riverside - Moderate shaking
  • San Marcos, CA - Started rather suddenly, shook for a goood few seconds. Some property wobbled slightly, but no damage.
  • Trabuco canyon - Light shaking
  • Burbank - Felt the bed shake underneath me
  • Colton - Weak shaking
  • Mission Viejo - Lasted about 10 seconds... heavy shaking
  • Grand Terrace - Maybe 6 seconds, quick jolt and some swaying. No damage but cat took off and dog barked, and I braced myself on bed.
  • Grand Terrace - Light shaking
  • Bloomington - Heard a noise, then seconds later the earth quake occured. At 2:10 am
  • Grand Terrace, Ca - Light shaking
  • Corona - Was woken up by shaking and cracking of walls, no visible damage.
  • San Clemente - Definitely Felt it . Apt was shaking . Lasted 7 seconds
  • Riverside - I was sleeping and my dog started barking so I walked down stairs and the ground was shaking for like 5 seconds and my favorite clock fell and my tv remote fell on the floor
  • Santa Clarita - I felt a shake and noise and i live in a pretty big 2 story home.
  • Rancho Santa Margarita - Around 2am I also felt a small shaking
  • Chino, CA - Was asleep and sounded like something had hit the wall behind me then it shook once for about 1 second then again for about 2 seconds. Shook our entire bed.
  • Riverside - Around 2am woke up to short rolling and loud sharp jolt. Lasted maybe 10-15 seconds. No apparent damage.
  • fontana - Moderate shaking
  • Riverside - Moderate shaking
  • Lake Elsinore - Strong jolt that lasted about 5 seconds.
  • lake Elsinore - Strong shaking
  • Lake elsinore ca - Light to mild shaking 4 seconds
  • Corona ca - Strong shaking
  • Claremont - Woke me up!
  • Montclair - Moderate shaking
  • Lake Elsinore - Woke us up at 2am..went back to sleep
  • Upland - AT 2:10 AM IT WAS A LIGHT TO MODERATE SHAKE, SINCE I LIVE UPSTAIRS WE FEEL IT A BIT STRONGER.
  • Corona - Light shaking
  • Mission Viejo - Woke family members from sleeping, feels like it was kind of long
  • Fallbrook - Was at work and felt alittle shaking
  • Corona ca - A few items feel. But no cracks in our home. But , it was a very hard bump.
  • Ladera Ranch - small jolt - woke me
  • Seal beach - Very weak shaking
  • Mission Viejo - Felt light shaking it woke me up, lasted about 5 seconds, no damage.
  • Eastvale CA - Light shaking, I heard a sound before it hit, strange Eastvale , CA
  • Riverside - rumbling woke me up and the loud jolt felt pretty strong. no damage
  • Upland - 2:10 AM FELT THE SHAKING AND HEARD THE RUMBLING. IT WAS A LIGHT TO MODERATE SHAKING WE FEEL IT MORE SINCE WE LIVE UPSTAIRS. LASTED ABOUT 10 SECONDS.
  • Perris - Strong shaking
  • San Bernardino - I felt like someone or something hit my bed. I just freaked out.
  • Highland 92346 - I woke up to a big thud around 2.10am
  • Corona ,C.A - Very strong bump. A few items fell from self ,in our home. But no crakes in our home. Scary.
  • Laguna beach, ca - A jolt awake. Lasted maybe 2 to 3 seconds. Around 2:11 am. No damage.
  • Riverside - Strong jolt then rumbling for about 10 seconds.
  • Rancho Santa Margarita/Trabuco Canyon - I felt a strong shake, but it did not last long.
  • Redondo beach - Never experienced one before. Lasted for about 10 seconds then another 5-6. My bed shook
  • Laguna Niguel - Strong jolt lasting approximately 5-7 seconds. No damage.
  • Riverside - Woke up at 0209 to the apartment shaking.
  • TEMESCAL VALLEY - Moderate shaking
  • 92551 - Light shaking
  • Ramona - Felt a short weak jolt
  • Anaheim - Felt the bed shake lightly, along with slight jostling of bookcase across the room.No damage although my lab mix, Lacee, became agitated for approximately a full minute before felt anything
  • Temecula Canyon - Shaking
  • Temescal Valley - No shaking, only sound. We are less than two miles from the epicenter. It sounded like an instant hot water boiler.
  • canyon lake - It felt strong. It jolted me out of bed and I felt it for a few seconds longer. It sounded like several different rumbles. I went around the house. Kids slept through it and nothing looks damaged. Just felt a tiny aftershock now. It wasn’t even close to the first one.
  • Bellflower - Slight rumbling/shaking. All my life I'm been anticipating "The Big One" so even the smallest earthquakes get my attention.
  • Perris - HARD JOLT!
  • Home Gardens - thought rumble was a train, then house was shaking. Alot of things rattling but no damage.
  • Mùrrieta - Murrieta, Calif. Watching TV 2 am about 5 seconds heard rumble before very mild shake.
  • Irvine - At 2am on 1/25/18 I was awake in upstairs bedroom of home that sits on a hill. Felt a 2 second slight roll causing me to ask "was that an earthquake?" Doubtful I would have awakened if I had been asleep.
  • Garden Grove - Weak shaking
  • Corona - Strong jolt rather than shake, a few seconds. Not sure about damage yet.
  • lake Elsinore - House creeking and shaking , 3-4 seconds
  • Colton - Heard it coming but thought it was a tractor trailer passing by. No damage just moderate shake lasting a few seconds.
  • Yorba Linda, CA - Felt like one moderate jolt. Seemed like it moved SE to NW House made cracking noise. About 2:15 am. Hard to go back to sleep.
  • Dana point, Ca - I was in Albertsons store working I could see the wine bottles moving and it felt light shaking. It Last approximately five to ten seconds
  • Riverside - I woke up from sleep because of the shaking a
  • lake Elsinore - We were sleeping and woke to a loud booming followed by a second or two of shaking
  • Menifee - Felt the bed shaking and the windows shook, lasted about 2-3 seconds and then shook again for a second-- no damage
  • Riverside ca - Light shaking
  • Lake Fores - Felt like a rolling which woke me up around 2:10 am. I went online to see if it was reported and texted my husband who was up north on a business trip. Of course it felt longer but it probably was only a few seconds.
  • Chino Hills - Short burst - felt more like an explosion. Heard it coming first. Odd.
  • Bloomington - I was at a work in my office when my desk suddenly shook. Almost felt like something hit the wall of the building a bit.
  • Ontario - 2-3 seconds quick light shaking
  • Murrieta - Sleeping. Jolted bed twice and woke me up. Never heard dogs barking
  • Corona, CA - Woke up to the bed shifting and then a hard jolt. No damage but scary when it wakes you up.
  • Chino - Strong jolt n then shaking it seemed to slow down then increase again? I’m on the 3rd floor so may have felt it stronger, also after it was over, there was a slight shaking/trembling felt for a while 5-10 seconds?
  • pomona ca - it was around 2am got woken up with yhe sound of my windows shaking
  • Menifee - Just woke up out of a strange dream around 2:10ish am and felt the shaking right after. It startled me.
  • Lake Elsinore, CA - Heard noise for about 2 seconds before a sudden jolt that shook the entire house. Noise sounded like a very large truck driving past the house. Enough I looked up and wondered what it was as it too loud for a truck. Time 2:10 AM.
  • Yorba Linda - Felt jolt during sleeping hours.
  • Machiasport, maine - Low rumble 40 sec apron 3:30 a.m.
  • Murrieta - Woke me up. Felt a jolt and then mild shaking. Lasted a few seconds.
  • SVL,Victorville, Cakif - Was up sick 2:08 AM, couldn't sleep,sharing a texting conversation. I clearly felt a jolted rise, the couch I was sitting on went up and down. 1 second or less. My dog was whining, paceing and annoyingly staring at me for hours before.
  • SVL,Victorville, Calif - 2 am, sitting on couch texting boyfriend, I couldn\'t sleep.couch softly jolted up and down for less than 1 sec. My dog whining, pacing
  • Lake Elsinore - Woke up to loud rumbling noise & strong shaking for 5 - 10 seconds.
  • Menifee, Ca - I was sleeping, and I was laying up against the wall. I herd it coming towards me through the wall first like a shockwave, and when the sound reached me my room jolted. There was only a brief shaking once it hit us. The house creaked a bit. This was at 2:10am. My biggest concern is the hill of giant boulders behind my house that can come crashing down on us. That's all I thought about when it hit. Glad it wasn't bigger.
  • Fountain Valley - Weak shaking
  • Menifee - I was laying against the wall when I can hear it coming towards me through the wall. Like a shockwave. When the sound reached me my room jolted. There was only a brief shaking when it jolted the room. The house creaked a bit. This was at 2:10am. My biggest concern is the giant boulders on the hill behind us crashing down on us. I\'m glad the earthquake wasn\'t bigger.
  • Corona - Strong shaking
  • Lake Elsinore - Extremely loud, like a train or fast moving large truck going right next to my house. Fast Moving shaking (no rolling at all).
  • Mission Viejo - Light shaking for 15 seconds. My cats antenna ears were straight up I wasn’t sure if it was an earthquake or my crazy ass neighbors!
  • Newport Beach - single jolt
  • riverside - Moderate shaking
  • trabuco canyon,southern california - Honestly I thought it was a BOMB! Depending on differing reports I live 3-8 miles from epicenter. I've lived here 60 years and this was a remarkably different earthquake. There was a loud roaring sound that coincided with a big bump, lasting maybe 5-10 sec. The roaring was outside my rural home, while the plates on my wall remained silent. It was without the normal ground rolling and shaking...just a BIG LOUD BUMP.
  • Long Beach - slight shaking woke me up around 2:12am
  • Fallbrook, CA - 2:09 am Thursday 25 January 2018 Strong jolt
  • Perris - No damage. Felt/heard rumbling immediately around me but also in distance heard deep loud rumble.
  • Huntington Beach - About 2:09 am I heard our glass closet doors rattling. I sat up in bed wondering what was going on. It continued long enough for me to suspect an earthquake.
  • Eastvale - Weak shaking
  • Coto de caza calif - Sounded like a loud truck engine might be passing, but then the 10 seconds of shaking, no rolling. Live on silent culdesac, never any trucks. Ever. 2:00am. Was up late already fully awake. Interesting that sound came first. Usually no sound ushers in quakes here, for past 20 yrs! Does sound reflect more force involved? Think it would. More pressure.
  • Coto de caza ca - Heard sound like loud truck engine coming. Shaking for 10 seconds. Was up late and wide awake. No rolling at all. This is unusual for this area. Never heard sound prior to a quake here in 20 years. Does this mean more severe underground pressure for quake?
  • Corona, ca - No damage but woke me
  • Menifee - Light rumbling followed by a larger and sudden boom/bang then nothing. Overall lasted about 3-4 seconds. Happened at approx 2:00 in the morning
  • Menifee, California - We were inside of our motorhome and it felt like a large jolt. Then the RV began shaking. About 5 seconds
  • EMSC Southern California Jan 25 10:09 4.0 11 MAP I Felt It INFO
  • Glendale - No damage. Shaking lasted about 10 seconds
  • Pasadena - Weak shaking
  • 92532 - Moderate shaking
  • Lake Forest - Lasted about 5 seconds. No damage.
  • Escondido - Weak shaking
  • La verne - Light shaking
  • Pomona - Moderate shaking
  • Upland - Very weak shaking
  • Rialto - I heard a noise like a dull thud and then a quick shake.
  • Monterey Park - Light shaking
  • Artesia - Very weak shaking
  • Fontana - I heard it before I actually felt it.
  • Riverside, CA - Moderate shaking
  • Menifee CA - Weak shaking
  • Escondido - I was awake, i think if i had been asleep i might have slept through it
  • Duarte CA - It was a little jolt.
  • corona ca - Moderate shaking
  • Hollywood - 2-3 seconds
  • Corona - Light shaking
  • Highland - Very weak shaking
  • Riverside - Very strong shaking
  • Colton - Shook for about 4 seconds. Woke a few of us up from our sleep.
  • Rancho Cucamonga - Light shaking
  • Corona - Moderate shaking
  • Los Angeles CA - Moderate shaking
  • Sherman Oaks LA County - A few violent jerks woke me up at 2:11am
  • Norco - Heard it coming before felt it and lasted about a good 5 seconds
  • Menofee - Light shaking
  • San Clemente - A sharp jolt woke me around 2:00 am
  • Norco - Moderate shaking
  • Lake Forest - No damage the whole family woke up
  • Santa ana - Lasted possibly about five seconds. We live on the fourth floor of a building. We were sleeping and I woke up to a light shaking/vibration of the ground as well as rattling windows. By the time I was fully awake it had stopped and had to confirm with my family that indeed there had been an earthquake
  • Corona - Strong shaking
  • Valley Village, 91607 - It lasted about 6 seconds. It was a light earthquake but scary. No damage or injuries.
  • los angeles, CA 90064 - One to three seconds of shaking nothing major but definitely felt it.
  • Orange County, CA - About 15 seconds. Shook for about 5 seconds, settled down for 5 seconds and then came back for 5 weconds
  • Loma Linda - Sounded like a distant rumble that came to the housender the went.
  • CHINO - Woke up to a jolt lasted about 5 seconds nothing damaged
  • PERRIS - It lasted about 3 seconds. Not strong enough to cause damage or wake my family up
  • Fontana - No damage to house, although you can hear the movement of the structure. A quick one-way, one-time shake, as of as to nudge someone to wake up.
  • Riverside - Lasted about 4 seconds. No damage
  • Temecula - Light shaking
  • Mission viejo - Lasted only a few seconds.
  • Pomona - 4 to 5 seconds
  • Long Beach - It felt like someone dropped something heavy on the ground and then it was over.
  • Alhambra - Just 2-3 seconds
  • Wildomar - I was up at the time, otherwise might nownhave woken
  • Corona, Ca - Strong shaking
  • Corona, Ca - Strong shaking
  • Murrieta - 10 seconds
  • Riverside, California - My house rattled for about 2 or 3 seconds. No damage.
  • North Tustin - It was shaking for about 30 sec, pretty strong, later found out it was 4.1 magnitude , North Tustin, Orange County, CA
  • Moreno valley - 2-3secs of shaking
  • Lake Elsinore, CA - Light shaking
  • Fontana - Strong shaking
  • Irvine - Moderate shaking
  • temecula - Moderate shaking
  • Pasadena, CA - Mild, 4 seconds
  • Glendora - Just a few seconds
  • Murrieta - I woke up 30 seconds prior to the shaking. I could feel it. It was more of a rumble than actual swaying but it did make me nauseous. I was almost sure it wasn't real because nothing around me was still moving afterwards. It lasted about 13-15 seconds.
  • Chino, ca - Heard my window shake a bit of small moderate floor tremble woke up five minutes before it occurred usually it's car amplifiers but this time I knew it was an actual Earth quake, I currently reside in the San Bernardino county in the city of Chino, California.
  • mira loma ca - 2-3 seconds, no damage
  • Huntington Beach - Never felt one before, but my bed jolt softly about 3-4 times in place. It was about 2:11am
  • Riverside, California - Woke us up from a sound sleep maybe 10 seconds.
  • Murrieta - Live up on the side of a mountain, on the back side of Camp Pendelton. Loud boom,followed by rattling. Then a second boom right after the first with more rattling. No damage yet (only 2am ofcourse). Definitely no rolling, just light shaking.
  • Jurupa Valley - I heard a load rumbling noise then all of a sudden the house started shaking. Seemed like it went for a strong minute. My cocktail bird started freaking out.
  • San Marcos - Couple seconds woke out of sleep.
  • Menifee - Heard noise, the house was shaking then a brief jolt and more shaking, 5 to 10 seconds worth. I'm the only one it woke up.
  • Menifee California - typical magnitude 4.
  • Walnut - Woke up by a big jolt
  • fontana - Felt it before he shaking
  • San Bernardino - Moderate shaking
  • Studio City - Jolts, house creaked for like 5 seconds.
  • Mission Viejo, CA 2:21am - Strong shaking at 2:21am
  • Eastvale - I heard the house rattling and then it shook for about 10 seconds.
  • Murrieta - Woke me and my 5 month old up scared her but no damage
  • Bolina dr. Murrieta - Very lite shaking ,watching TV 2.10 am jan 25 about 5 seconds
  • Menifee, Ca. - A minute or two after waking up I felt a jolt and my bed shook. looked at the time. It is 2:15 am. Dogs were barking. No damage to our property.
  • Loma Linda - Was already awake. Sounded like 2-4 very heavy semis coming down the road at a good speed. Ceiling fan, ceiling, and picture frames rattled enough for considering running to an open space outside. Nothing fell and I didn't feel it in bed. Lasted about 4-5 seconds.
  • USGS Lytle Creek, Ca Jan 24 19:30 2.5 7 MAP
  • USGS El Cerrito, California Dec 31 14:29 2.5 5 MAP
    USGS San Bernardino, Ca Dec 09 07:35 2.8 2 MAP
    USGS Malibu Beach, California Dec 08 08:44 3.1 15 MAP
  • agoura hills - 4 seconds
  • Brentwood - Very weak shaking
  • Woodland hills - 3 seconds maybe
  • Malibu - Slight waving movement then big jolt, shook the house a bit.
  • Westlake Village - A few seconds--no damage that I am aware of.
  • EMSC Greater Los Angeles Area, Calif. Dec 08 08:44 3.3 16 MAP I Felt It INFO
    USGS Rancho Palos Verdes, California Nov 16 17:34 2.5 14 MAP
    USGS Malibu, Ca Nov 16 17:34 2.5 12 MAP
    USGS Loma Linda, California Nov 15 20:58 2.6 14 MAP
    USGS Calimesa, Ca Nov 15 10:17 2.7 14 MAP
    USGS Loma Linda, Ca Nov 15 02:50 2.7 17 MAP
    USGS West Athens, California Nov 10 09:25 3.1 11 MAP I Felt It INFO
  • Compton - 4 seconds strong shake
  • Los Angeles - Strong shaking
  • Los Angeles - About 4 or 5 seconds minor shaking
  • Los Angeles - Strong shaking
  • Los Angeles - Light shaking
  • Los angeles - Moderate shaking
  • South Gate - You could hear it coming a second before it hit and then I jumped under the door frame. So about 2-3 seconds.
  • Lynwood - 20 seconds
  • gardena - Jolt for few second
  • South Gate - It was fast, no damage.
  • Los Angeles - Heard it and felt it
  • Los Angeles - Hamster cage almost fell. Brother awoke from it. Things rattled almost violently for a burst and then subsided after 5 secs.
  • South Gate - Shaken awake from earthquake,heard and felt the shaking of it for a short time.
  • Los Angeles ca - Strong shaking
  • Inglewood - It woke me up around 1:30 AM because it was moving my bed and furniture. I called my Fiancée and it woke her up too. She lives at El Segungo Blvd and just East of The I-405.
  • Hawthorne - Felt jolt, heard rumble, windows vibrates, thought it was truck, then apartment bldg shaking, long enough to think it was my truck or downstairs neighbor slamming doors, but continued a dead bldg rocked / swayed. About 5 seconds just listening. I was laying on my bed, my body rocked back and forth on the mattress. Just as I realized what it was and thought what's next, it stopped.
  • Inglewood - I woke up like at 1:30 am because I heard funiture shaking and bed moving
  • South Los Angeles - It was about 2-3 seconds long.
  • Norwalk - The earthquake lasted about 3sec. Wasn't sure if it was an earthquake or not. Intel I went on Twitter.
  • Torrance - BIG JOLT! Then rumble.....then shaking. Over in 5 seconds. No damage.
  • Hawthorne,CA - I heard/felt a loud thump thinking a truck had hit the house and about 3 seconds later I felt a hard jolt
  • Walnut park ca. - I felt a strong jolt as if someone kicked my bed.
  • Maywood - 2-3 seconds shake!
  • Los Angeles - Was woken up by a pull. Then realized what it was, and stayed still until it passed.
  • Inglewood - Light shaking
  • Los Angeles - Strong shake-jolt. Lasted maybe 4 seconds. I thought something hit the house. Felt like a big boom!!
  • Los Angeles - Felt like about 3 sec and like the end was like a big push
  • Compton, Ca - I felt a strong jolt and one to two seconds later there was another jolt with some shaking that was stronger and that lasted longer.
  • Los Angeles - 5 seconds/ no damage
  • LOS ANGELES - the earthquake woke me up, i felt it very strong it was shaking my furniture my bed a lot i thought it was going to be a big earhtqauke. i felt it for like 10 secs
  • Inglewood - Not sure how long it lasted as it woke me up in the middle of the night
  • Los Angeles - Weak shaking
  • inglewood - felt like a big jerk , woke me out out of my sleep and I heard the furniture moving.
  • Tijuana - Moderate shaking
  • Los Angeles - quick jolt, quit scary, walls cracked a bit
  • Los angeles - This is a 3.2 earthquake about 10 from our area. It was scary because we live on the ground floor of a 4 story building. This quake in los Angeles shocked our building with a big noise like a big canon ball had dropped. Very scary.
  • Los Angeles - I heard a rumbling loud noise then seconds after a very strong shake with a strong jolt it woke me up very abruptly unfortunately there is no information about the occurrence to view at that time @ 1:25 am in the morning for the public
  • Los Angeles 90062 - It was about 1:25 am on November 10th, 2017; first I heard a rumbling noise and within seconds a very strong jolt that jolted me in my bed unfortunately there\'s no information on the occurrence that had occurred to be viewed on the television for the public
  • Los Angeles - I felt my hose cracking and the noise woke me up, but it was short.
  • Inglewood - I heard a deep loud rumble, I was in bed but awake. I then felt 3 large jolts, enough to make my 8ft. Grandfather clocks chime bang...Century and Hawthorne, just East of LAX. A 1929 Cottage house, it jolted pretty good, but im sure its been thrt a LOT of quakes, be safe my friends, get your Emergency Earthquake Kits together!
  • USGS Loma Linda, California Oct 24 01:15 2.8 17 MAP
    USGS Lake Arrowhead, Ca Oct 23 18:52 2.6 5 MAP
    USGS Loma Linda, California Oct 09 06:39 3.0 18 MAP I Felt It INFO
    USGS San Pedro, Ca Sep 29 13:50 2.5 4 MAP
    EMSC Greater Los Angeles Area, Calif. Sep 19 06:20 3.6 10 MAP I Felt It INFO
  • Burbank - Light shaking
  • Los Angeles - About 3 to 5 seconds
  • Bellflower - Weak shaking
  • North Hollywood - Loud, hard jolt then 3 to 4 seconds of shaking.
  • Los Angeles, CA - Earthquake was felt around 11:15 pm. It was one big jolt and that was all; no damage done that I know of.
  • North Hollywood - Light shaking
  • Los Angeles - Light shaking
  • USGS Westwood, California Sep 19 06:20 3.6 10 MAP
  • West Point - I heard a loud boom and at the same time vibration. Lasted only 2-3 seconds. It woke my hound dogs up and they started barking and ran outside to investigate.
  • Calabasas - quick jolt
  • Los Angeles - No damage. Just a solid jolt that made me get up and get dressed.
  • Studio City - 2 sudden jolts, 1st was weaker. Second was stronger. Knocked down some small things in apartment. Not too bad.
  • Los angeles - Light shaking
  • Valley Village - My husband slept through it. Lasted less than 10 seconds.
  • santa monica, 90403 - violent jolt - 2 to 3 seconds made je wonder if this was going to beca repeat of jan 1994 earthquake
  • Santa Monica - 5 or 6 seconds
  • Los Angeles east Hollywood - It woke up my parrots , frightened them, no damage. just one sharp jolt.
  • Santa Monica - Very short but shart jolt that felt like it was gonna be bigger but then stopped.
  • La Crescenta - Three seconds split between a jolt followed by a tremble.
  • North hollywood - Not sure...1120pm Monday sept 18 2917
  • North hollywood - Sept 18 2017 at about 11:22pm
  • Playa del rey - Light shaking
  • Los Angeles - 1 small jolt. The shaking lasted 2 seconds or less. Windows rattled husband did not wake. No damage to property or people.
  • Los Angeles, CA - Light shaking
  • Hancock park - 1 small jolt lasting 2 seconds. Windows rattled, husband did not wake up. No property damage.
  • Los Angeles - Things moved on the floor
  • Los Angeles - Things moved on the floor (slightly)
  • Los Angeles - The building and general area get to be shaking for at least 30 seconds. Thereafter I noticed the glass sliding doors shaking also for about a minute.
  • Studio City - Light shaking
  • Valley Village - Just a few seconds. My TV shaked while I was watching a thriller. Was creepy!
  • Beverly Hills - My house was rocking back and forth!!
  • Los Angeles - There was a jolt for about 2-3 seconds and nothing was damaged. Light shaking.
  • Huntington Beach - Slight shaking for a couple seconds, but enough to prompt me to google "earthquake" and check it out
  • Los Angeles - Weak shaking, barely noticeable, lasted approx. 3-5 seconds.
  • Burbank - Weak shaking
  • Lemeirt park - Moderate shaking
  • Whittier - I was asleep and I guess it sort of woke me because as I opened my eyes I noticed I was kind of shaking along with my bed but as I looked around I couldn't really tell whether anything else was moving so I figured I was just imagining things lol. But I guess it was an earthquake.
  • Northridge/LA - Light shake enough to wake us, but next roll was stronger. Wonder what fault or epicenter?
  • 91606 - Lasted a few seconds. It shook our bed and it shook me awake.
  • Studio city - It's been shaking off and on for a while now. Unsure if it's street construction?? Or mild tremors
  • USGS Running Springs, Ca Sep 14 12:25 2.5 1 MAP
    USGS Running Springs, Ca Sep 06 00:01 2.6 7 MAP
    USGS Lakeview, California Aug 24 07:26 2.5 16 MAP
    EMSC Southern California Aug 14 11:11 3.2 8 MAP I Felt It INFO
    USGS Running Springs, Ca Aug 14 11:11 3.2 7 MAP
  • Victorville - Just a quick jolt/rumbling that lasted approximately 5 seconds. No damage.
  • USGS Lytle Creek, Ca Aug 07 08:24 2.5 3 MAP
    USGS Fontana, Ca Jul 28 02:00 2.6 11 MAP
  • Thornfield, mo. - I could feel the floor vibrating in my bed room, for about 30 seconds, and could hear what sounded like constant thunder in the distance, the vibration and noise stopped as suddenly as it started, can't remember the date but was within the last 3or4 month period and was on a Saturday or Sunday, I heard later that the epicenter was someplace in Arkansas, thanks !
  • USGS Nuevo, Ca Jul 10 17:42 3.2 12 MAP
    USGS Loma Linda, California Jul 03 17:15 3.2 13 MAP I Felt It INFO
  • Riverside - Only last 5 seconds or so.
  • USGS Granada Hills, Ca Jun 28 11:32 2.5 9 MAP
    EMSC Greater Los Angeles Area, Calif. Jun 15 14:51 2.4 7 MAP
    USGS Yorba Linda, Ca Jun 07 12:17 2.5 3 MAP
    USGS Newport Beach, Ca Jun 05 13:23 2.5 1 MAP
    USGS Loma Linda, Ca May 31 14:55 2.8 18 MAP
    USGS Malibu, California May 25 14:19 3.3 11 MAP I Felt It INFO
  • Ventura, CA - I felt 1 large jolt.
  • Westlake Village - I felt a slight rumble, a big jolt.
  • EMSC Channel Islands Reg., California May 25 14:19 3.3 11 MAP
    EMSC Greater Los Angeles Area, Calif. May 05 05:02 2.3 6 MAP
    USGS Corona, California May 02 18:01 2.7 4 MAP
    EMSC Greater Los Angeles Area, Calif. May 02 18:01 2.8 3 MAP
    USGS Santa Monica, Ca May 02 05:28 3.1 9 MAP I Felt It INFO
  • Santa monica - Sharp jolts
  • 90405 - felt
  • santa monica - no damage. other people in the building felt the shaking.
  • EMSC Greater Los Angeles Area, Calif. May 02 05:28 3.0 9 MAP I Felt It INFO
    EMSC Greater Los Angeles Area, Calif. Feb 22 21:04 2.1 7 MAP
    EMSC Channel Islands Reg., California Feb 20 08:27 2.2 0 MAP
    USGS Malibu, Ca Feb 19 03:35 2.7 10 MAP
    EMSC Santa Monica Bay, California Feb 19 03:35 2.8 10 MAP
    EMSC Greater Los Angeles Area, Calif. Feb 16 18:23 2.6 0 MAP
    EMSC Greater Los Angeles Area, Calif. Feb 15 17:31 2.1 1 MAP
  • Johannesburg in Vrededorp - Fortunately. ..it hasn't damaged anything. ..It woke everybody though, I'm a student and this is a student accommodation and now all students are up talking about it.This isn't going to get worse right?
  • EMSC Greater Los Angeles Area, Calif. Feb 13 18:51 2.1 23 MAP
    EMSC Greater Los Angeles Area, Calif. Feb 12 16:17 2.1 14 MAP
    USGS Mentone, Ca Feb 10 10:10 3.4 9 MAP I Felt It INFO
  • Riverside, CA - felt desk shake and saw computer screen and tv screen vibrate. one person and one animal asleep in same room did not wake up
  • Mentone, CA - One moderate jolt at 2:10 a.m.
  • Crestline - No damage just a sharp jolt
  • Angelus Oaks - Felt a very big jolt
  • redlands - a short jolt that woke me up; no damage
  • mentone - it woke me and my wife
  • EMSC Greater Los Angeles Area, Calif. Feb 10 10:10 3.4 10 MAP
    EMSC Greater Los Angeles Area, Calif. Jan 31 22:21 2.1 23 MAP
    EMSC Greater Los Angeles Area, Calif. Jan 28 13:04 2.3 15 MAP
    EMSC San Pedro Channel, California Jan 25 16:10 2.1 2 MAP
    EMSC Greater Los Angeles Area, Calif. Jan 23 00:43 2.1 11 MAP
    EMSC Greater Los Angeles Area, Calif. Jan 16 18:33 2.2 5 MAP
    EMSC Greater Los Angeles Area, Calif. Jan 15 12:27 2.2 16 MAP
    EMSC Greater Los Angeles Area, Calif. Jan 10 22:18 2.1 4 MAP
    EMSC Gulf Of Santa Catalina, Calif. Jan 04 22:41 2.2 30 MAP
    EMSC Greater Los Angeles Area, Calif. Jan 03 18:52 2.1 31 MAP
    EMSC Greater Los Angeles Area, Calif. Jan 02 11:52 2.2 13 MAP
    USGS Pedley, Ca Dec 28 19:44 2.5 10 MAP
    EMSC Greater Los Angeles Area, Calif. Dec 28 19:44 2.5 10 MAP
    USGS Malibu, Ca Dec 27 10:58 3.3 14 MAP I Felt It INFO
  • Westlake Village - Earthquake woke me up, I thought someone crashed their car into the house, 1 big jolt back and forth.
  • Thousand Oaks - one jolt
  • Westlake Village - Woke me up from deep sleep
  • Westlake Village - I woke up from a dead sleep. A few big jolts. The entire house shook.
  • Carson, California - Woke me up!!
  • Twain Harte, CA - It woke me and I'm a heavy sleeper. Everything was shaking. You could hear the rumble even under the windows and trees brussling. As well as the vibrations in cabinets, pics, and the sounds of our ornaments clanking. It even broke a few. Our family pets ran right to me as I ran to snatch the kids to the door frame in our cabin. My 6y she still won't move. My 13y even freaked a bit and we've been in some good ones. Up hear i could only wonder what the feel&sound would be without snow at all.
  • Sonora, CA - No damage. Moderate shaking felt from bed, other than the ones me and the girl were making.
  • EMSC Channel Islands Reg., California Dec 27 10:58 3.3 15 MAP
    EMSC Greater Los Angeles Area, Calif. Oct 06 20:54 2.9 14 MAP
    EMSC Greater Los Angeles Area, Calif. Oct 05 19:55 2.2 35 MAP
    EMSC Greater Los Angeles Area, Calif. Sep 29 15:31 2.1 5 MAP
    EMSC Greater Los Angeles Area, Calif. Sep 27 02:57 2.2 9 MAP
    EMSC Greater Los Angeles Area, Calif. Sep 20 16:31 2.9 11 MAP I Felt It INFO
    USGS Gardena, Ca Sep 20 16:31 2.9 11 MAP I Felt It INFO
  • Apple Valley, - My daughter felt it in the back bedroom, the dogs outside were barking, there was no reason for the barking, and the male sheltie is acting very Scottish.
  • Oak View - My bed was jiggling. I thought it was my dog at the foot of the bed. When I called him and when he was standing away, clear, of the bed it began shaking again, twice (3 times in all) for a few seconds each time.
  • Anthony - Shook house for couple seconds scared my dog
  • South Gate - Felt like one sharp jolt
  • Los Angeles - There was a slight shake around 3am and a bigger one around 7:40am September 20th
  • Rancho Dominguez - quick jolt, mild
  • Gardena - This is the sixth one today since 3am this morning and one a 820pm yesterday
  • South Los Angeles - Quick boom, followed by weak shake
  • Los Angeles - I felt it as a side nudge from northwest to northeast. No damages.
  • Gardena - Strong Jolt Felt. Like as if a large car or SUV hit a building side
  • Gardena CA - 7.40AM House shook and creaked 9.30AM Shook again 4.20PM Jolt, and sway. All were quick, but still scary!
  • Gardena - It happened abruptly and it was very short.
  • Gardena - Sharp and quick
  • Los Angeles - Just a quick shake.
  • USGS Gardena, Ca Sep 20 14:43 3.0 11 MAP I Felt It INFO
    EMSC Greater Los Angeles Area, Calif. Mar 02 11:16 2.1 6 MAP
    EMSC Greater Los Angeles Area, Calif. Feb 23 04:23 2.3 6 MAP
    EMSC Greater Los Angeles Area, Calif. Feb 21 09:57 2.4 4 MAP
    EMSC Southern California Feb 17 20:30 2.3 4 MAP
    USGS Nuevo, California Feb 14 09:01 3.5 13 MAP I Felt It INFO
  • Hemet - Shaking enough to be woken up in Hemet Ca
  • La Quinta - It happened about 1:05 AM on 2-14-16, as I was writing on Facebook. Just a small rumbling, shaking the west windows slightly.
  • moreno valley - No damage slow rolling followed by large jolt.
  • Menifee - Felt like someone slammed the front door hard about 2 seconds apart.
  • Mrnifee, California - More of a jolt than shaking
  • Riverside - Just felt a rumbling for 5 sec.
  • Menifee, CA - "Boom" sound, then shaking/rumbling, then a 2nd shaking right after first.
  • Mead Valley - it was quick shook the house but nothing major
  • Perris - One big jolt
  • Corona, CA - Felt a jolting sway, weak to light indoors, no damage.
  • perris ca - Loud and shook me awake
  • Wildomar - More of a jolt loud
  • Corona, CA - Weak to Light shaking,swaying but no damage.
  • Lake Elsinore - Woke me up a little after 1 a.m. shaking seemed to last a while..longer than the typical quick jolt type quake. No damage. At first I wasn't sure if it was an earthquake.
  • menifee ca - damm I thought I was just on a good one lol but I felt that shit fucking scared me I dropped my pipe lol just packed it to lol lol
  • Nuevo - Woke me up. A rumbling noise. Slight shaking.
  • Lake Elsinore - I was awake upstairs around 1am...heard it rumbling before I felt the jolt like Shaking.
  • Wildomar - Quick jolt, no more than 3secs. I was upstairs when I felt it.
  • Sun City - About 1am felt & heard big JOLT! No rolling or shaking at all. Didn't wake my house guest. Just a big JOLT & creaking then over.
  • Perris, CA - I heard it first then felt a jolt.
  • Canyon Lake - Felt it coming up the street for 10 to 15 seconds Then hard shaking for 10 seconds
  • Eucha - Heard my kitchen dishes sound like they were vibrating...
  • Martins Creek, - I am sitting on a concrete slab here and felt the floor moving. Have previously experienced 4.0 and 4.2 earthquakes in past. This one lasted maybe 5 seconds or so. Below 2.0?
  • Long beach - Very small tremors
  • Lake elsinore - Woke us up, we heard the rumbling before it hit
  • Hemet, CA - Used to be afraid of earthquakes couldnt go to sleep for days afterwards lived thru the 1994 Northridge earthquake They don't bother me at all anymore I was in the bathtub when this Hemet quake happened so hd to wait until it stopped shaking LOL Hav a five-year-old didn't wake her at all but I was anxious to get there
  • EMSC Greater Los Angeles Area, Calif. Feb 14 09:01 3.5 14 MAP

Data sources courtesy : USGS - EMSC - GFZ - GEONET (New Zealand only)

REAL TIME EARTHQUAKE LISTS - WORLD - REGIONS - COUNTRIES - STATE

Our Fast Earthquake and Tsunami Twitter Accounts :
    M4+ - ALL - M5+ - M6+ - CHILICANADABRITISH COLUMBIA - CALIFORNIA - OREGONWASHINGTON - HAWAIITEXASOKLAHOMA

X

Comments

1. Maureen Kely says:

Earthquake felt in Fullerton around 1:10 am. It seemed pretty long. Walls were swaying and the building was shaking. We're in the 2nd floor of an apartment. My dog is shook up.

2. In northwest Brea, on third floor of my apt., felt the 3.6 Friday night....then the 5.1 an hour later SHOOK THE LIVING SHIT out of my place and lots of broken glass. The aftershocks are ENDLESS - and in Brea you can feel EVERY AFTERSHOCK, even the smallest one, because we're on Epicenter! Felt more like a 7.1 than a 5.1!!

Thanks Susan for telling us - So you can imagine what a M6.1 would do (10 times stronger!). Thanks for sharing your experience with us.

3. Jalsgslpal says:

Laying down for a nap and felt the bed shake for about 5 seconds.
      Heard about Fullerton so I knew
      It was an aftershock. Born and bred in earthquake country.
      Been through a lot of rockers. 1971, 1993 north ridge.