Volcano activity report message

This (almost) daily post intends to follow up the activity changes of volcanoes all over the world.
This post is written by geologist Rodger Wilson who specializes in Volcano seismicity and Armand Vervaeck. Please feel free to tell us about new or changed activity if we haven't written about it. -

May 8, 2013

We are sad to announce that Rodger Wilson, your daily volcano report host, will have to end his daily contributions.

Making up his reports was a time consuming daily task, not only describing what he thought you to know as important, but also collecting the many images from the seismographs, webcam screenshots etc.

Unfortunately for us, and great for him, Rodger will take up some new professional activities which do not leave enough free time to make his daily reports. Just like all other contributors to this site, Rodger was contributing as a non-paid volunteer.  Such contributions can only continue if they can fit in an acceptable schedule which was not the case here.
Because of all this, he unfortunately had to end his daily Volcano Report contributions, at least for the time being.

Rodger will continue to answer your "volcano questions" when he finds the time to do it.

Rodger also promised to help us out with his expertise if a really outstanding eruption occurs or some seriously threatening premonitory activity is taking place.

We want to thank Rodger (also on behalf of his many daily readers), for his unique outstanding reports.

We would welcome of course a new geologist / volcanologist who wants to share his knowledge with our many readers. If you are the person wanting to establish such a collaboration, feel free to drop us a line.

Earthquake-Report.com will continue to report on volcano activity like we did before Rodger joined us. We will think about the best formula and will keep you updated about our decision.

Armand Vervaeck
Founder Earthquake-report.com

Comments

1. I am saddened to learn that this unusual resource will not be available. I have no formal background however follow the shifts and changes in volcanos and other planetary changes. I track different sites and have been doing this for a number of years. I have not read a more informative global summary. I checked this site more than once a day and am sorry that this resource will not be available. I hope there might be a reconsideration and a means to maintain Armand's work.

2. Adrianus says:

Thank You, GOD bless you.

Adrianus

3. tobias smit says:

You will be missed your reports were a daily stop for me and my spouse we wish you the best of luck and great success on your new path, let us know how you do and if you can what the job entails, Thanks, Tobias and MaryAnne Smit

4. M Urwin says:

Thank you Roger,I will miss your dailey reports and like Don said I will miss the way you make it all understandable and easy to read.All the best and good luck.

• Richard Rodger Wilson says:

Thank you for your kind words M. I have succeeded if you understand volcano behavior even just alittle bit better.

5. jason rusilowski says:

I say thank you for your time, Rodger. I have indeed enjoyed what you have put out there for us. Best wishes for your future endeavours.

• Richard Rodger Wilson says:

Thank you for your readership and kind words (also!) Jason! I am hopeful that alot of our regular readers can strike-out on their own and begin to read volcano seismograms without my input.

6. s m cummins says:

I'm sorry this report is ending; my son wishes to study vulcanology, and it's been a great way to remind him of his interest while GCSE revision needs to be endured. I hope someone similarly interesting is able to take up the report again. Thank you

7. Don McDonald says:

Thank you ever so much for all your time and efforts in keeping us all informed and up to date, and mostly for making it understandable to regular folks like myself. Thanks again and will be Greatly missed... 🙁

• Richard Rodger Wilson says:

Dear sm,

Don't abandon us altogether! Armand will likely just change the daily format to a weekly one (which I though about myself!). So, your son will still be able to follow the world's erupting volcanoes here. I am hopeful that at some point in the future, I will be able to return to writing this report (with Armand's permission of course!).
      Thank you for supporting this webpage.

...and Don, thank you for your kind words and support of this site!! As I said in the above post, even if you only understand volcano behavior alittle better, I have been successful with my endeavors here!! I will try my darndest to return at some point! A strong clue that I am about to post something would be a really big eruption (or an exceptionally strong earthquakes swarm at a sleeping volcano)! Ha!Ha!

Thanks again everybody!!