Australia earthquake list

The list below shows the last earthquakes in Australia

In depth articles on Australia earthquakes written by Earthquake-Report.com
- Strong earthquake in the greater Melbourne area, Australia (June 19, 2012)
- Strong earthquake near the coast of Western Australia (Cape Range National Park) - December 5, 2011
- Unusual moderate shallow earthquake close to Melbourne, Australia - July 5, 2011
- Moderate shallow earthquake and aftershocks near Townsville, Queensland, Australia - April 16, 2011

Label info : M = magnitude, D = depth (km), Time = UTC – Australia time = UTC +10 (DST +11)
EMSC Queensland, Australia Jun 22 06:25 3.6 10 MAP I Felt It INFO
  • Toowoomba - No damage. Felt a big jolt up and down about 10.50 pm QUEENSLAND time. And a small shake about an hour earlier.
  • USGS Macquarie Island, Australia Jun 17 03:18 4.3 21 MAP I Felt It INFO
    EMSC Western Australia Apr 18 08:26 2.9 9 MAP I Felt It
    EMSC Western Australia Apr 16 05:23 2.8 10 MAP I Felt It
    USGS Northern Territory, Australia Apr 13 17:01 4.5 10 MAP I Felt It INFO
    EMSC Northern Territory, Australia Apr 13 17:01 4.3 2 MAP I Felt It INFO
    EMSC New South Wales, Australia Apr 13 16:31 4.2 13 MAP I Felt It INFO
    USGS Millthorpe, Australia Apr 13 16:31 4.2 13 MAP I Felt It INFO
  • Blayney - Heard a rumbling and felt the house shaking. Lasted between 5-10 seconds at 2:31am. Our dogs barked and ran outside.
  • Orange - Was awake at about 2.30am, when I heard a very distant booming sound, almost like thunder or a faraway explosion. This was followed by a tremor which came up through the floor and only lasted a few seconds. The windows shook very slightly. The dogs however slept straight through it. No damage at all.
  • Millthorpe - I woke at 2.31am to our windows shaking and the bed wobbling. The noise I heard was like a train on the tracks (we live close to a train line) but it stopped after 10 seconds maybe with no train!
  • EMSC Western Australia Apr 12 16:49 2.4 10 MAP I Felt It
  • BGC, Taguig - A strong one which lasted more than 30 seconds
  • EMSC Western Australia Apr 04 03:55 4.0 20 MAP I Felt It INFO
    EMSC Western Australia Apr 02 02:10 2.1 9 MAP I Felt It
    EMSC Western Australia Apr 02 02:04 2.3 11 MAP I Felt It
    EMSC Near Coast Of South Australia Apr 01 07:19 2.6 13 MAP I Felt It
    EMSC Western Australia Mar 30 20:27 2.2 13 MAP I Felt It

Have you felt an earthquake ? Please fill in the form below

Comments

1. Bendigo windows rattled bed shook felt like train going past lasted 10 to 15 sec