After subscribing to the earthquake area of your choice (see below for links to the detailed lists), you will receive an Email containing a satellite map (for immediate and 60 minute notifications) together with the most important earthquake parameters.
The delivery speed is a big advantage of our alerts. If your delivery method is selected as "immediately", you will be informed of a new earthquake as soon as the first major agency has reported this earthquake. The early values are always "preliminary" and may be changed later on. The data are constantly updated on-line. To avoid an overkill in Emails, we will only send 1 email per earthquake.
This E-mail earthquake notification service is one of the only systems triggered from "multiple" seismological agencies.
Upon registration, you may choose the "Delivery frequency" (2 frequencies) AND the "minimum Magnitude" (from 2.5 until 6.0) you want to be informed from. To subscribe - click on the button just above the list of your preference.
This is an example of how the frequency "immediate" Email will look like :
This is an example of how the frequency "each 60 minutes " Email will look like :
Magnitude and depth are the main parameters of an earthquake. The combination of both and the area where they are occurring will determine whether they are dangerous or not.
Magnitude : at Earthquake-Report.com we are using values starting at 5.5 as potentially dangerous in locations with an historic proved high ground acceleration. In subduction zones (mostly volcanic zones like the Ring of Fire countries) we are especially alerted from 6.0.
Depth : If the depth of an hypocenter or focal depth (location in the underground where the rupture takes place) is less than 20 km, below a densely populated area and taking into account the above Magnitude description elements, we are almost certainly starting up an in-depth article as we consider these kind of earthquakes as "moderately to even very dangerous".
System messages for notification subscribers.
No current malfunctions
It will take us a few more days to complete this list
All COUNTRIES except USA
Afghanistan - Albania - Algeria - Antarctica – Argentina - Armenia – Australia – Azerbaijan – Bahamas - Bangladesh – Belgium – Belize – Bhutan - Bolivia – Brunei – Bulgaria - Burundi – Cambodia – Canada - Chile - China - Colombia - Congo DR - Costa Rica - Croatia – Denmark - Djibouti – Dominican Republic - Ecuador - Egypt - El Salvador – Eritrea - Ethiopia - Fiji – Finland - France - Georgia - Germany - Greece - Guatemala – Honduras – Hungary - India - Indonesia - Iran – Ireland - Israel - Italy – Jamaica - Japan - Kenya – Kermadec Islands – Kiribati – Korea (North and South) - Kyrgyzstan - Macedonia - Madagascar – Malaysia – Mariana Islands – Marshall Islands – Mauritius - Mexico – Micronesia – Mongolia - Morocco - Mozambique - Myanmar – Nauru – Nepal – Netherlands - New Caledonia – New Zealand – Nicaragua – Palau – Panama - Papua New Guinea - Paraguay - Peru - Philippines - Poland - Portugal - Puerto-Rico - Reunion (la) - Romania - Russia - Rwanda - Saudi Arabia – Samoa – Serbia – Singapore – Slovakia - Slovenia - Solomon Islands - Somalia - Spain - South Africa - Sudan – Sweden - Switzerland - Taiwan - Tajikistan - Tanzania - Thailand – Timor (East) - Tonga – Turkey - Turkmenistan – Tuvalu – Uganda – Ukraine – United Kingdom - Uzbekistan - Vanuatu - Venezuela - Vietnam – Wallis and Futuna – Yemen - Zambia - Zimbabwe -
- Alabama - Alaska - Arizona - Arkansas - California - Colorado - Connecticut - Delaware - Florida - Georgia - Hawaii - Idaho - Illinois - Indiana - Iowa - Kansas - Kentucky - Louisiana - Maine - Maryland - Massachusetts - Michigan - Minnesota - Mississipi - Missouri - Montana - Nebraska - Nevada - New Hampshire - New Jersey - New Mexico - New York - North Carolina - North Dakota - Ohio - Oklahoma – Oregon – Pennsylvania – Rhode Island – South Carolina – South Dakota – Tennessee – Texas – Vermont – Virginia – Washington – West Virginia – Wisconsin – Wyoming
Additional remarks and Frequently Asked Questions
- The selection of a weak Magnitude, a 24 hour delivery on a worldwide list would result in an avalanche of emails (each earthquake will generate an E-mail).
A more selective Magnitude, delivery option and area of your interest will give the best result.
- As we have decided not to use a control panel or password, the parameters of your subscription can only be changed by canceling your subscription (link in each Email we send). To fine-tune your options, simply generate a new subscription.
- We will not share your E-mail with anyone else, it will be used only for earthquake notifications.
- Please make sure that you are white listing our emails (safe senders list) as otherwise they may be deviated to your spam folder by automatic systems.