India earthquake list + in-depth articles - भारत भूकंप सूची

The list below shows the last earthquakes in India
नीचे दी गई सूची से भारत में पिछले भूकंप कि  पता चलता है
Personalized E-mail earthquake alerts for this area.
Click on Subscribe to E-mail list of this page below and make your choice of " delivery frequency" and "Magnitude". Click here for more information.

In depth articles on India earthquakes written by Earthquake-Report.com
Earthquake near the India / Myanmar border (Manipur and Nagaland provinces) (July 15, 2012)
Moderate earthquake in Northern India (greater New Delhi area) (March 5, 2012)
Very strong damaging earthquake in the Nepal / Sikkim (India) border area
  (Sept. 18, 2011)
Understanding the very strong damaging Nepal/Sikkim earthquake (Sept. 18, 2011)
Nepal / Sikkim experiences – 3 countries, 3 different stories (Sept. 18, 2011)
The most impressive Image series of the Nepal / Sikkim Himalaya earthquake (Sept. 18, 2011)
More articles : see below

Label info : M = magnitude, D = depth (km), Time = UTC – India time = UTC +5:30
लेबल जानकारी : M = परिमाण, D = गहराई (मी), समय = यूटीसी भारत समय = यूटीसी +5:30
EMSC Maharashtra, India Jan 21 06:06 3.6 10 MAP I Felt It INFO
EMSC Myanmar-india Border Region Jan 20 10:06 4.2 85 MAP I Felt It INFO
EMSC India-bangladesh Border Region Jan 20 01:14 4.8 10 MAP I Felt It
  • Gangarampur - Weak shaking
  • Gauripur,Assam - I was in the bed that felt the tremor it was very horrible that I thought might be another is shake waiting.
  • Tura - 5 seconds
  • Hasimara - Lasted for 5-6 seconds
  • bilasipara - Light shaking
  • Bongaigaon - Moderate shaking
  • Lhamoizingkha - 4-5 seconds and no property imhad been damahed
  • Kokrajhar - 8-9 seconds
  • Jaipalguri - Light shaking
  • Malda - Its like someone shake your bed when you lay on the bed.Weak shaking but I felt
  • Jalpaiguri - Moderate shaking
  • Guwahati - Moderate shaking
  • Haa - It lasted for 1 to 2 second. No damage but was enough to wake me up from sleep.
  • Tufanganj - Light shaking
  • Chapainawabganj sadar - Terrible experience
  • Tala - Light shaking
  • Bongaigaon - Two jerk
  • coochbehar - I was lying in bed.. Suddenly i felt shaking and it was mild to moderate shaking..We ran to the road..
  • Mekhliganj - Moderate shaking
  • Siliguri - it is just for 2 or 3 seconds or more,,,not sure
  • Kokrajhar - Light shaking
  • Rangpur - It was horrible
  • Dotma - Moderate shaking
  • Kokrajhar - No damage of Property or anything. Shaking lasted only 2-3 Seconds.
  • Wangdue - 2 to 3 seconds. No damage to structures and properties. Most residents on ground floor were unaware.
  • Wangduephodrang - 2sec lasted
  • kishanganj - Very weak shaking
  • Bhagalpur - It lasted for 2-3 seconds and again for 1 second. No damage of Property.
  • Dhubri - Strong shaking
  • Pangbisa, Paro - Woke me up at 7.15am. Lasted 3-5 sec, very noticeable vibration, was worried more would come.
  • Gajole,malda - Moderate shaking
  • Dhubri - Strong shaking
  • USGS Gauripur, India Jan 20 01:14 4.6 10 MAP I Felt It INFO
  • Dinajpur - Weak shaking
  • Thimphu - It was weak shaking
  • Cooch Behar - Moderate shaking
  • Coochbehar - Moderate shaking
  • GEOFON India-bangladesh Border Region Jan 20 01:14 4.5 10 MAP I Felt It
  • Malda - Light shaking
  • Thimphu - 2 to 5 seconds
  • USGS Phek, India Jan 18 02:03 4.5 93 MAP I Felt It
    GEOFON Myanmar-india Border Region Jan 18 02:03 4.5 92 MAP I Felt It
    EMSC Myanmar-india Border Region Jan 18 02:03 4.5 89 MAP I Felt It INFO
    EMSC Myanmar-india Border Region Jan 16 11:23 4.1 103 MAP I Felt It INFO
  • Ranaghat - I was sitting on my bed. The whole bed slightly rocked for about 3 seconds. Most of the people I asked did not feel it or just thought they had felt dizzy.
  • EMSC Maharashtra, India Jan 16 07:35 3.7 23 MAP I Felt It INFO
    USGS Bamboo Flat, India Jan 14 15:48 4.7 33 MAP I Felt It
    EMSC Andaman Islands, India Region Jan 14 15:48 4.7 40 MAP I Felt It INFO
    GEOFON Andaman Islands, India Region Jan 14 15:48 4.7 51 MAP I Felt It
    GEOFON Mid Indian Ridge Jan 12 10:50 4.9 10 MAP I Felt It
    EMSC Meghalaya, India Region Jan 09 19:20 3.2 10 MAP I Felt It INFO
    USGS Indian Springs, Georgia Jan 07 09:53 2.7 11 MAP I Felt It
  • Rossville - Rumbling vibration sounded like a deep quarry explosion.This was at 5 a.m. Eastern time.
  • USGS Yairipok, India Jan 07 06:47 5.5 22 MAP I Felt It
  • Kampha manipur - Light shaking
  • Imphal - Moderate shaking
  • Lengpui, Aizawl , Mizoram - Moderate shaking
  • Moreh - It lasted approx.4 seconds but not enough to damaged property. The shaking was moderate,just enough to shake wooden houses and light bulbs hanging
  • Imphal - Moderate shaking
  • Imphal - Light shaking
  • Chiang Mai - Weak shaking
  • GEOFON Myanmar-india Border Region Jan 07 06:47 5.5 10 MAP I Felt It INFO
    EMSC Assam, India Jan 06 09:01 3.2 30 MAP I Felt It INFO
    EMSC Assam, India Jan 05 20:23 3.4 10 MAP I Felt It INFO
  • Guwahati - It lasted for 3 sec.
  • Assam - Suddenly heard buzzing sound coming and suddenly start shaking but it might last around 4 sec. At almost 2 a.m. of 6.01.2018
  • Guwahatu - Mild shaking was noticed today earlier around 2:00 A.M on 6th January 2018.Many of us were in deep slumber.It lasted for about 5 seconds with a buzzing sound
  • Guwahati - I was reading a book, just resting my head on my pillow... the cot started shaking for 15 sec..
  • Guwahati - Light shaking
  • Guwahati - I felt around 2am today ie 6th jan 18 .but it lasted for nearly 3-4 secs
  • Silchar - Weak shaking
    EMSC Southeast Indian Ridge Dec 07 12:17 4.7 10 MAP I Felt It INFO
    USGS Southeast Indian Ridge Dec 07 03:37 4.6 10 MAP I Felt It
    EMSC Southeast Indian Ridge Dec 07 03:37 4.6 10 MAP I Felt It INFO
    USGS Thang, India Dec 06 23:29 5.1 59 MAP I Felt It
    EMSC Maharashtra, India Dec 06 19:39 3.2 15 MAP I Felt It INFO
    USGS Pipalkoti, India Dec 06 15:19 5.1 10 MAP I Felt It
  • New delhi - I felt earthquake around 8.51pm today evening .. it was almost for 5 seconds or more .. no casualty in my area and no property damged
  • Chandigarh - Felt for 10 secs
  • Satkhol - Just a few seconds
  • Roorkee - 4-5 seconds
  • Roorkee - The shaking is lasted for 6 to 8 second
  • Nainital - AS map is showing epicenter is near Madmaheshwar Near to kedarnath. last time in feb 2017 the epicenter is in same place.
  • Rishikesh - Moderate shaking
  • Nova Delhi - Mais ou menos 5 segundos, senti a cama tremendo como se alguém estivesse tentando balançar
  • GEOFON Western-xizang India Border Reg. Dec 06 15:19 5.2 15 MAP I Felt It INFO
  • Delhi - about one minute
  • City - Weak shaking
  • Dehradun - Moderate shaking
  • Delhi - Mild but unsettling shaking and rocking. No damage. More pronounced while seated. Lasted around 40 seconds.
  • Delhi - Moderate shaking
  • Noida - Moderate shaking
  • New Delhi - Moderate shaking
  • delhi - Light shaking
  • Noida - A few seconds
  • Noida - Moderate shaking
  • Noida - Light shaking
  • Bharatpur - Moderate shaking
  • Tehri - Moderate shaking
  • Faridabad - 20-30
  • Rishikesh - Moderate shaking
  • Rishikesh - Moderate shaking
  • Meerut (near New Delhi) - On 6th Dec. 2017 at around 9PM (india time) I felt earthquake in Meerut city (near New Delhi) for few seconds. Where was its epicenter in night? Few hours ago in day I read on your website an earthquake epicenter was in westTibetIndia border.. What about now 20 mins ago at approx. 9PM (indiaTime)?
  • Pantnagar - Moderate shaking
  • USGS Naya Bazar, India Dec 02 23:43 4.2 10 MAP I Felt It
  • Sikkim - Weak shaking
  • Upper Legship - Moderate shaking
  • EMSC Sikkim, India Dec 02 23:43 4.2 2 MAP I Felt It INFO
    GEOFON Southeast Indian Ridge Dec 01 05:20 5.4 10 MAP I Felt It INFO
    USGS Southeast Indian Ridge Dec 01 05:20 5.2 10 MAP I Felt It
    GEOFON Southeast Indian Ridge Dec 01 02:30 4.8 10 MAP I Felt It
    USGS Southeast Indian Ridge Dec 01 02:30 4.9 10 MAP I Felt It
    EMSC Southeast Indian Ridge Dec 01 02:29 4.9 10 MAP I Felt It INFO
    EMSC Punjab-chandigarh-haryana, India Nov 30 11:45 3.8 10 MAP I Felt It INFO
  • chandigarh - it was like 1-2 second .. it was pretty quick
  • Patiala - Strong shaking
  • Patiala,Punjab - It was only for 4 to 5 seconds. But luckily no property damage.
  • Patiala - 2 seconds and the sound was terribly different
  • patiala city - Windows were shaking with loud noise but no pendulum movement of ceiling fan and other nearby item.I was seating on the bed but no shaking of bed.Only noise was the point to notice.I have not experienced any earthquake like this in the past.In previous ones (almost 4-5 in last 2 years),there were always some shaking and pendulum swings of various items including ceiling fans,but no noise.This time there was a lot of noise of windows glasses like a jet engine but no shaking and pendulum movement.
  • Patiala - I don’t believe that it was the weak one it was quite strong It was not like usual earthquakes people around me and I felt a unidirection wave passing by with a great intensity. Which shaked the floor badly.
  • Patiala - Earth shook in patiala, India strongly at 5-15pm on 30th November 2017 don\\\'t know it was an earthquake or what but there is no reporting on news either . Is the government and media dumb as hell ?
  • Patiala - Windows were shaking.even the impact was so high that bed n floor were shaking.
  • Patiala - Hardly 2 seconds
  • Patiala - Moderate shaking
  • Patiala - Shaking lasted 3sec\'s. Felt Bit of shakes through the house.
  • Patiala - I was in bank, we felt sudden shaking with some noises. I never felt such strong earthquake earlier in my life.
  • Patiala - I felt earthquake for 2-3sec. not very strong... with a long noise... Caption saab ne koi bomb chalayea lagda.haha
  • Rajpura - I was sitting on bed working on my laptop, suddenly felt shaking of bed for few seconds, thought I was feeling unconscious, but then read news and came to know that it was actually an earthquake, thank god, no damage was there anywhere.
  • Patiala - There was a clear, loud, strong vibratory sound but the ceiling fan did not move at all...around 4-5 seconds.
  • patiala - 5-6 sec
  • Patiala - It seems to me as a strong wave is approaching me followed by sudden shaking of bed and a cracking sound of glass windows made me realize about the earthquake. prior to d recent one i had experienced 2more times and had totally different experience. May be it is because of different depth and distance of its center. For a layman it was the combination of strong cyclone + shaking.i am fascinated by nature if this was d experience of weak one than what will be the effect of more destructive one
  • Patiala - 3-5 seconds fast (but with very little amplitude) shaking without property damage.
  • Patiala - It shook for 5 secs like it would grow and consume the city 😣
  • Chandigarh - I felt my body shaking. so as the fan. it was lasted for 6-7seconds
  • Patiala - Light shaking
  • Patiala - I was sitting in my classroom.Suddenly,it start shaking.But luckyly it was just 2-3 seconds minor shaking.It was around 5:00 pm yesterday.
  • Mohali - The shaking was strong but only for 2 sec\\\'s.
  • patiala - I don\'t believe that it was earthquake. There was a loud noise accompanied with shaking of everything walls,fans,doors etc. I have also heard similar voices before but never got to know what it is. Dad says it is something that happens in sky and that\'s natural. Can\'t say what it is.
  • Patiala - My legs start shaking and bed also start shaking suddenly.
  • Patiala - It was quite strong but duration was hardly 5 seconds
  • patiala - Horrible sound...fully shaken..this time it was deap earthquake...
  • GEOFON Eastern Xizang-india Border Reg. Nov 23 07:13 4.6 10 MAP I Felt It
    EMSC Eastern Xizang-india Border Reg. Nov 23 07:13 4.7 10 MAP I Felt It INFO
    EMSC Eastern Xizang-india Border Reg. Nov 23 02:14 4.4 40 MAP I Felt It
    GEOFON Western Indian Antarctic Ridge Nov 21 01:04 5.5 10 MAP I Felt It INFO
    USGS Western Indian-antarctic Ridge Nov 21 01:04 5.4 10 MAP I Felt It
    GEOFON Myanmar-india Border Region Nov 20 08:48 4.6 90 MAP I Felt It
    EMSC Eastern Xizang-india Border Reg. Nov 19 08:52 4.1 10 MAP I Felt It INFO
    USGS South Indian Ocean Nov 19 08:20 4.8 10 MAP I Felt It
    EMSC South Indian Ocean Nov 19 08:19 4.8 10 MAP I Felt It INFO
    EMSC Eastern Xizang-india Border Reg. Nov 18 21:24 4.4 10 MAP I Felt It
    EMSC Nepal-india Border Region Nov 18 13:02 3.3 20 MAP I Felt It INFO
    EMSC Rajasthan, India Nov 18 09:51 4.2 10 MAP I Felt It INFO
  • Jodhpur - 5 to 10seconds, felt as if drilling machine was on. No loss of property.
  • GEOFON Eastern Xizang-india Border Reg. Nov 18 00:32 5.0 10 MAP I Felt It
    EMSC Maharashtra, India Nov 09 23:49 3.8 10 MAP I Felt It INFO
    EMSC Uttar Pradesh, India Nov 08 21:22 3.5 10 MAP I Felt It INFO
    EMSC Tripura, India Region Nov 08 04:50 4.8 40 MAP I Felt It
  • dhaka - Moderate shaking
  • DHaka - Very weak shaking
  • Dhaka - Moderate shaking
  • Dhaka - I felt it for like almost 15 second.it was not that muchbshaking so first I thought I am having a low blood pressure. In the same. House my parents did not feel it.
  • Dhaka - Light shaking
  • Dhaka - Weak shaking
  • Sylhet - I was in Bed at that time so I felt it clearly. Although, my mom was in the kitchen, she could not notice it until I shout\" Earthquake\".
  • Teliamura - 2-3 second
  • dhaka - i thught i am having a low blood pressure
  • agartala - Moderate shaking
  • Dhaka - between 1 and 2 seconds, no damage seen
  • Gurgaon - Light shaking
  • Agartala - I felt very low intensity earthquake at 10:20am
  • Jirania, agartala - খুব অল্প । দুটো ধাক্কা। ব্যাস।
  • Dhaka - Weak shaking
  • Tripura - persisted for a quarter minute
  • Agartala - Today\'s earthquake was the weakest one in recent time but it\'s alarming one for future thts my opinion. Here updated time is not correct it was before 10.30am indian standard time so correct ur time
  • GEOFON India-bangladesh Border Region Nov 08 04:50 4.8 56 MAP I Felt It INFO
    EMSC Western Indian-antarctic Ridge Oct 26 00:22 4.7 10 MAP I Felt It INFO
    USGS Bamboo Flat, India Oct 25 18:20 4.7 30 MAP I Felt It
    EMSC Andaman Islands, India Region Oct 25 18:20 4.7 10 MAP I Felt It INFO
    GEOFON Mid Indian Ridge Oct 24 01:57 5.3 10 MAP I Felt It
    EMSC Mid-indian Ridge Oct 24 01:57 4.8 10 MAP I Felt It INFO

डाटा स्रोत: USGSEMSCGFZGEONET
    Translation :  Google translation (please help us with a better translation - use the comment box below)

In depth articles on India earthquakes written by Earthquake-Report.com (continued)
    Earthquake in the Nepal / Sikkim (India) border area“I Have Felt It” reports
    (Sept. 18, 2011)
    Deadly earthquake Himalaya : 20 minutes news compilation video (Sept. 18, 2011)
    4.2 magnitude earthquake in the New Delhi, India (Sept. 7, 2011)
    Earthquake Chamoli district India : slight shaking felt until New Delhi (June 20, 2011)
    Strong earthquake in the Nepal-India border region (Apr. 4, 2011)
    Dangerous earthquake near the Myanmar / India border (Febr. 4, 2011)
    Killer earthquakes in India