Caribbean region real-time earthquakes list

Back to the Region / Country OVERVIEW page
The list below shows the last earthquakes in the Caribbean Region
Personalized E-mail earthquake alerts for this region.  Click on Subscribe to E-mail list of this page below and make your choice of " delivery frequency" and "Magnitude". Click here for more information.

Label info : M = magnitude, D = depth (km)
Time = Universal Standard Time or UTC (GMT). Click here for conversion in your local time
NEW EARTHQUAKES and EXPERIENCE REPORTS WILL APPEAR AUTOMATICALLY
Refresh this list
SRC Location UTC Date/time M D INFO
USGS San Antonio, Puerto Rico Oct 17 22:19 3.0 23 MAP
EMSC Puerto Rico Region Oct 17 22:19 3.0 23 MAP I Felt It INFO
USGS San Antonio, Puerto Rico Oct 17 22:01 2.8 26 MAP I Felt It INFO
USGS San Antonio, Puerto Rico Oct 17 21:54 3.2 50 MAP I Felt It INFO
EMSC Puerto Rico Region Oct 17 21:54 3.2 50 MAP I Felt It INFO
EMSC Puerto Rico Region Oct 17 21:33 3.0 24 MAP
USGS San Antonio, Puerto Rico Oct 17 21:33 3.0 24 MAP I Felt It INFO
EMSC Mona Passage, Dominican Republic Oct 17 21:24 3.2 78 MAP I Felt It INFO
EMSC Costa Rica Oct 17 18:14 3.3 7 MAP I Felt It INFO
USGS Charlotte Amalie, U.s. Virgin Islands Oct 17 15:04 3.3 43 MAP I Felt It INFO
EMSC Costa Rica Oct 17 13:06 4.2 39 MAP I Felt It INFO
USGS Isabela, Puerto Rico Oct 17 11:30 2.8 45 MAP I Felt It INFO
USGS Punta Cana, Dominican Republic Oct 17 10:48 3.2 125 MAP I Felt It INFO
USGS San Antonio, Puerto Rico Oct 17 10:37 2.7 51 MAP I Felt It INFO
USGS Isabela, Puerto Rico Oct 17 07:00 2.9 114 MAP I Felt It INFO
USGS San Antonio, Puerto Rico Oct 17 06:08 2.9 64 MAP I Felt It INFO
USGS San Antonio, Puerto Rico Oct 17 05:58 2.9 14 MAP I Felt It INFO
USGS San Antonio, Puerto Rico Oct 17 04:27 2.6 14 MAP
EMSC Puerto Rico Region Oct 17 04:04 3.2 13 MAP
USGS Isabela, Puerto Rico Oct 17 04:04 3.2 13 MAP I Felt It INFO
USGS San Antonio, Puerto Rico Oct 17 03:36 3.1 74 MAP I Felt It INFO
USGS Boca De Yuma, Dominican Republic Oct 17 03:19 2.9 88 MAP I Felt It INFO
USGS Jauca, Puerto Rico Oct 17 02:36 2.5 4 MAP
USGS Isabela, Puerto Rico Oct 17 01:46 2.8 32 MAP
EMSC Dominican Republic Region Oct 16 22:50 3.0 12 MAP I Felt It INFO
EMSC Dominican Republic Region Oct 16 22:44 3.0 44 MAP I Felt It INFO
EMSC Off Coast Of Costa Rica Oct 16 18:06 3.6 19 MAP I Felt It INFO
USGS San Antonio, Puerto Rico Oct 16 14:48 3.0 48 MAP
EMSC Puerto Rico Region Oct 16 14:48 3.0 48 MAP I Felt It INFO
EMSC Virgin Islands Region Oct 16 13:43 3.2 36 MAP
USGS Road Town, British Virgin Islands Oct 16 13:43 3.2 36 MAP I Felt It INFO
USGS San Antonio, Puerto Rico Oct 16 13:08 2.9 30 MAP
EMSC Puerto Rico Region Oct 16 13:08 2.9 30 MAP I Felt It INFO
EMSC Costa Rica Oct 16 12:24 3.8 8 MAP I Felt It INFO
USGS San Juan, Puerto Rico Oct 16 09:54 3.4 61 MAP I Felt It INFO
USGS Road Town, British Virgin Islands Oct 16 05:19 2.9 49 MAP I Felt It INFO
EMSC Costa Rica Oct 16 03:33 3.5 105 MAP I Felt It INFO
EMSC Dominican Republic Oct 15 20:33 3.1 75 MAP I Felt It INFO
USGS San Antonio, Puerto Rico Oct 15 19:24 2.9 64 MAP I Felt It INFO
USGS San Antonio, Puerto Rico Oct 15 19:10 3.3 10 MAP I Felt It INFO
USGS Rincon, Puerto Rico Oct 15 18:52 2.8 14 MAP I Felt It INFO
USGS Isabela, Puerto Rico Oct 15 18:32 3.0 10 MAP
EMSC Puerto Rico Region Oct 15 18:32 3.0 10 MAP I Felt It INFO
USGS Isabela, Puerto Rico Oct 15 16:59 2.9 13 MAP I Felt It INFO
USGS San Antonio, Puerto Rico Oct 15 08:15 2.9 31 MAP I Felt It INFO
USGS Isabela, Puerto Rico Oct 15 04:28 2.6 62 MAP
USGS Isabela, Puerto Rico Oct 15 04:08 2.7 60 MAP
USGS San Antonio, Puerto Rico Oct 15 01:19 2.9 80 MAP
EMSC Puerto Rico Region Oct 15 01:19 2.9 80 MAP I Felt It INFO
USGS San Antonio, Puerto Rico Oct 14 22:56 3.1 110 MAP
EMSC Puerto Rico Region Oct 14 22:56 3.1 110 MAP I Felt It INFO
USGS San Antonio, Puerto Rico Oct 14 22:36 3.2 10 MAP
EMSC Puerto Rico Region Oct 14 22:36 3.2 10 MAP I Felt It INFO
EMSC Gulf Of Paria, Venezuela Oct 14 19:28 4.9 103 MAP
USGS Guiria, Venezuela Oct 14 19:28 4.9 103 MAP I Felt It INFO
  • Arima - Weak shaking
  • EMSC Dominican Republic Oct 14 15:57 2.9 28 MAP I Felt It INFO
    EMSC Dominican Republic Region Oct 14 14:54 3.2 2 MAP I Felt It INFO
    USGS Isabela, Puerto Rico Oct 14 14:31 2.7 67 MAP I Felt It INFO
    EMSC Haiti Region Oct 14 13:26 3.5 34 MAP I Felt It INFO
    USGS San Antonio, Puerto Rico Oct 14 11:51 2.8 28 MAP I Felt It INFO

    Data sources courtesy : USGSEMSCGFZGEONET

    Have you felt an earthquake ? Please fill in the form below - Lo Senti

    SHARE YOUR EARTHQUAKE EXPERIENCE WITH US

    I felt the shaking *
    Country where you felt the earthquake *
    City/Village where you felt the earthquake *
    Street or suburb (area) where you felt the earthquake
    Latitude (area) where you felt the earthquake
    Longitude (area) where you felt the earthquake
    Shaking Strength *
    MMI II (Very weak shaking) ?
    People :
    Felt by persons at rest, on upper floors or favorably placed.
    MMI III (Weak shaking) ?
    People :
    Felt indoors; hanging objects may swing, vibration similar to passing of light trucks, duration may be estimated, may not be recognized as an earthquake.
    MMI IV (Light shaking) ?
    People :
    Generally noticed indoors but not outside. Light sleepers may be awakened. Vibration may be likened to the passing of heavy traffic, or to the jolt of a heavy object falling or striking the building.
    Fittings :
    Doors and windows rattle. Glassware and crockery rattle. Liquids in open vessels may be slightly disturbed. Standing motorcars may rock.
    Structures :
    Walls and frames of buildings, and partitions and suspended ceilings in commercial buildings, may be heard to creak.
    MMI V (Moderate shaking) ?
    People :
    Generally felt outside, and by almost everyone indoors. Most sleepers awakened. A few people alarmed.
    Fittings :
    Small unstable objects are displaced or upset. Some glassware and crockery may be broken. Hanging pictures knock against the wall. Open doors may swing. Cupboard doors secured by magnetic catches may open. Pendulum clocks stop, start, or change rate.
    Structures :
    Some large display windows cracked. A few earthenware toilet fixtures cracked.
    MMI VI (Strong shaking) ?
    People Felt by all. People and animals alarmed. Many run outside. Difficulty experienced in walking steadily.
    Fittings :
    Objects fall from shelves. Pictures fall from walls. Some furniture moved on smooth floors, some unsecured free-standing fireplaces moved. Glassware and crockery broken. Very unstable furniture overturned. Small church and school bells ring. Appliances move on bench or table tops. Filing cabinets or "easy glide" drawers may open (or shut).
    Structures :
    Slight damage to buildings with low standard. Some stucco or cement plaster falls. Large display windows broken. Damage to a few weak domestic chimneys, some may fall.
    Environment :
    Trees and bushes shake, or are heard to rustle. Loose material may be dislodged from sloping ground, e.g. existing slides, talus slopes, shingle slides.
    MMI VII (Very strong shaking) ?
    People
    General alarm. Difficulty experienced in standing. Noticed by motorcar drivers who may stop.
    Fittings :
    Large bells ring. Furniture moves on smooth floors, may move on carpeted floors. Substantial damage to fragile contents of buildings.
    Structures :
    Unreinforced stone and brick walls cracked. Low standard buildings cracked with some minor masonry falls. A few instances of damage to buildings of ordinary workmanship. Unbraced parapets, unbraced brick gables, and architectural ornaments fall. Roofing tiles, especially ridge tiles may be dislodged. Many unreinforced domestic chimneys damaged, often falling from roof-line. Water tanks Type I burst. A few instances of damage to brick veneers and plaster or cement-based linings. Unrestrained water cylinders (hot-water cylinders) may move and leak. Some common windows cracked. Suspended ceilings damaged.
    Environment :
    Water made turbid by stirred up mud. Small slides such as falls of sand and gravel banks, and small rock-falls from steep slopes and cuttings. Instances of settlement of unconsolidated or wet, or weak soils. Some fine cracks appear in sloping ground. A few instances of liquefaction (i.e. small water and sand ejections).
    MMI VIII (Severe shaking) ?
    People Alarm may approach panic. Steering of motorcars greatly affected. Structures : Low standard buildings heavily damaged, some collapse. ordinary workmanship buildings damaged, some with partial collapse. Reinforced masonry or concrete buildings damaged in some cases. A few instances of damage to buildings and bridges designed and built to resist earthquakes. Monuments and pre-1976 elevated tanks and factory stacks twisted or brought down. Some pre-1965 infill masonry panels damaged. A few post-1980 brick veneers damaged. Decayed timber piles of houses damaged. Houses not secured to foundations may move. Most unreinforced domestic chimneys damaged, some below roof-line, many brought down. Environment : Cracks appear on steep slopes and in wet ground. Small to moderate slides in roadside cuttings and unsupported excavations. Small water and sand ejections and localized lateral spreading adjacent to streams, canals, lakes, etc.
    MMI IX (Violent shaking) ?
    Structures Many low standard buildings destroyed. Ordinary workmanship buildings heavily damaged, some collapse. Reinforced masonry or concrete buildings damaged, some with partial collapse. Buildings and bridges designed and built to resist earthquakes damaged in some cases, some with flexible frames seriously damaged. Damage or permanent distortion to some buildings and bridges, designed and built to normal use standards. Houses not secured to foundations shifted off. Brick veneers fall and expose frames. Environment : Cracking of ground conspicuous. Landsliding general on steep slopes. Liquefaction effects intensified and more widespread, with large lateral spreading and flow sliding adjacent to streams, canals, lakes, etc.
    Tell us your experience and how many seconds the shaking lasted + let us know if your property has been damaged (even slight damage). (max. 500 characters)
    * mandatory fields
    X

    Comments

    1. Super Gay Ray says:

      Trinidad and Tobago .... 6 Dec 2016

      FELT IT!!!!

      Shook My house for a good 20 secs

    2. edagufe says:

      brèves et légères secousses

    3. pertusot says:

      vers 7h30, nous avons été réveillé par une secousse, puis une deuxième ( c'est ce que j'ai ressenti, mais est ce qu'il y en a eu 2??). J'ai pris ma fille et nous avons rapidement descendu les 2 étages pour nous mettre en sécurité dans le jardin. J'ai également regardé la mer pour voir si elle ne baissait pas.( j'habite sur une péninsule)

    4. abbie mclaren says:

      the recent earthquake in Jamaica wasn't bad but i felt it

    5. Carlos Garcia says:

      Se sintio en Rio Piedras/Guaynabo, sexto piso, me desperto.
      Lavare la ropa de cama y el calzoncillo..., nada agradable.

    6. Mohamed Sattaur says:

      not really bad
      but very unusual as we do not usually get quakes in Guyana

    7. Moderate