Indiana realtime earthquakes list

The list below shows the Indiana earthquakes

No listed earthquakes means that there were NO earthquakes noticed by our data providers
Label info : M = magnitude, D = depth (km), Time = UTC – Indiana time = UTC – 5

USGS Albion, Illinois Sep 19 11:47 3.8 11 MAP I Felt It
  • Patoka indiana - Shake the whole house
  • Virden - Light shaking
  • Albion, Illinois - One second. No damage. Rattled glasses.
  • Bowling Green - Felt like a boulder rolling under our house. Glasses and other things on shelves rattled. It lasted just a few seconds.
  • Saint Elmo - At 6:38am I felt the entire apartment shake one time
  • Bowling Green, KY - It sounded like a boulder rolled under our house, causing light shaking of the floor and things on shelves. It lasted just a few seconds.
  • St. Louis - Light rumbling but woke me up. About 20 seconds at 6:45 am or so. Some construction in my neighborhood so I was not sure.
  • albion - lasted about 15 seconds
  • Mr. Carmel - There was a loud boom sound then everything started shaking about 10 to 15 second it knocked a picture frame off my bookcase and a few movies
  • Clayton, MO - Got up around 6:41 A. M. Returned to bed shortly after. Laid on back with head on pillow. Felt vibration through pillow and, since no trucks were going by on street, figured, from previous experiences in St. Louis, it might be an earthquake. Found out around 8 A. M. that it was.
  • St. Philip, Indiana - I was lying in bed and felt everything shaking. I got up out of bed and it stopped. There was no damage to our home.
  • Altamont ,Illinois - No damage just felt the couch shake and heard the doors just sort or rattle
  • Mt. Carmel, Ill. - Lasted a few seconds, similar to one here two weeks ago. No damage to report. The 2008 quake was in central Wabash County, about two miles from where my wife's parents lived
  • Jerseyville - Lasted about 5/7 seconds
  • Charleston, Il - I was sleeping. My cat started meowing outside my bedroom door, which woke me. I hadn't fully woken up when I heard some things on my dresser rattling. It was a little while later that I realized it was an earthquake.
  • Red Bud, IL - I had just woke up and was still stretched out on the bed when it felt like my leg muscles were having spasms but there was no pain. The movement stopped after about 2 seconds, and it repeated in a second or two for about another 2 seconds and I realized it must have been an earthquake. I told my husband I thought I had just felt an earthquake. A few years ago I had a similar experience and there had also been an earthquake then. There were no other indications that I noticed.
  • St. Peters - It was very light shaking that seemed to go on for like 30 seconds. I heard a light rattling sound like a photo shaking.
  • Avalon - A light vibration woke myself and our dog. It lasted 15 to 20 seconds in two separate episodes. It was enough to be felt in bed. It rattled ceiling fans and pictures. No damage occurred.
  • Scottsville, KY - Heard a creak of house timbers. Lying in bed at the time; the bed shook moderately for about 5 seconds, but continued to shake at lesser intensity for 20 more seconds.
  • Memphis, TN - Light shaking
  • Evansville IN - Felt similar to a heavy truck assignment in front of the house, just a little more pronounced. Did not know it was an earthquake for Sue at the time.
  • EMSC Illinois Sep 19 11:47 3.8 12 MAP I Felt It INFO
  • Salem, IL - Had no real shaking. The whole house made a "popping" sound and that was it.
  • Willow Hill - I was laying in bed awake and heard the rafters shifting some and then sounded like the floor joists another room or so away were shifting. I had an eerie feeling and thought well that was strange. This was only about 5 seconds. The projection clock was showing about 6:50a.m. About 3 hours later I heard radio news that an earthquake had happened near Mount Carmel--1 hour south of us.
  • USGS Mount Carmel, Illinois Sep 09 04:15 3.1 12 MAP I Felt It
  • Cowling - Light shaking
  • Orland Park, IL - Very weak shaking
  • EMSC Illinois Sep 09 04:15 3.2 12 MAP I Felt It INFO
  • Cowling IL - Light shaking
  • Albion, Illinois - Just a few seconds. No damage.
  • Carlyle - No damage only brief shakingabout 5 seconds. Then about ten minutes later the same.
  • EMSC Illinois Aug 11 23:10 2.4 9 MAP I Felt It
    EMSC Illinois Aug 11 07:23 2.5 18 MAP I Felt It
    EMSC Illinois Aug 08 12:04 2.4 22 MAP I Felt It
    USGS Shelbyville, Kentucky Oct 06 02:52 2.7 4 MAP I Felt It
    EMSC Eastern Kentucky Oct 06 02:52 2.7 4 MAP I Felt It
    USGS Lawrenceburg, Kentucky Aug 20 02:45 2.8 33 MAP I Felt It
    USGS Convoy, Ohio Jun 12 22:00 2.6 5 MAP I Felt It
    USGS Fairfield, Illinois May 30 00:41 3.4 25 MAP I Felt It
  • Wayne City - Felt our house rumble and our cats went crazy
  • Flora - Didn't feel a shake. It was like a boom and the room we where in felt like it shifted and cracked.
  • Flora - Loud Boom, No Shake
  • Mount Vernon - Boom. Windows rattled. No shake felt.
  • Sallem - Felt vibration
  • Mount Vernon, IL - The floor shook slightly and we heard a sound similar to a short thunder roll.
  • Junction City - Felt slight vibration, as if I was near a train on the tracks. No damage to my property.
  • Pinckneyville - My husband was on the sofa and felt a light shaking for a couple seconds. Our dog also barked during this time.
  • Mt. Vernon - Heard a boom-like a sonic boom in my backyard. No shaking.
  • USGS Fairfield, Illinois May 30 00:41 3.4 5 MAP I Felt It INFO
    EMSC Illinois May 30 00:41 3.4 5 MAP I Felt It
    EMSC Indiana May 28 13:48 2.3 16 MAP I Felt It
    USGS Benton, Illinois Apr 18 03:02 2.7 0 MAP I Felt It
    EMSC Illinois Apr 18 03:02 2.7 1 MAP I Felt It
  • Louisville - In the office, several employees felt the shake.
  • USGS Indian Head Park, Illinois Nov 04 18:35 3.2 0 MAP I Felt It INFO
  • Nasipit Talamban - felt it around 10:50 am philippines. very short maybe a second but a little bit strong. no damage. i saw 3 people on twitter felt it. others didnt. thought it was an imagination. was that real?
  • Suburb of Chicago - Entire house shook (audibly) for 5-10 seconds, felt by all, then husband felt a drastic change of air pressure in basement where he was working. He said it went "boom", a sound which did not translate to the upstairs.
  • High Grove - Whole building shook
  • Western Springs - Whole house shook for a few seconds
  • Burr Ridge - Shook the chair and light fixtures.
  • Burr Ridge - Light shaking for a very short duration, less than a second.
  • Downers Grove - Slight shaking for a few seconds
  • Hinsdale - My house shook and creaked.
  • Oak Brook - felt like someone was pulling on my chair
  • Riverside - No damage. Thought it was an explosion or small earthquake. Felt like a truck going down the street for just a second.
  • Burr Ridge, IL - I thought my cube mate had fallen against the partition wall
  • Lombard - Shook the floor, Im located on the 3rd floor of my building
  • Burr Ridge - Was on a business call with someone in Hodgekins, IL who felt the same thing: a quick jolt that lasted less than 2 seconds.
  • Westchester - my bed shook once.
  • Hinsdale - 3 seconds, light shaking of whole house
  • Downers Grove - Felt like a truck hit my house, or a tree fell over onto my house. Went outside to see what happened.
  • Oak Park - Felt vibration while in bed.
  • Westmont, IL - Felt a light shake, chairs/computer/desks shook for, and the building made creaking. Lasted about 1 or 2 sec. It caused quite a debate among employees whether it was wind or an earthquake.
  • Willowbrook - We felt the floor moving back and forth for a seconds
  • Oakbrook, IL - Felt like a vertical movement - like an elevator stopping more suddenly than usual.
  • Willowbrook - Felt like my chair was sinking.
  • Brookfield - It seemed as if the roof-mounted HVAC units might come through the roof or that someone was running across our company's roof.
  • LaGrange Park - It was over very quickly yet the floor under my chair felt like it dropped and I saw the wall on the south side of my home shake.
  • Westmont - Felt like someone was grabbing my chair and shaking it. We heard a loud bang.
  • Hinsdale - Thought truck hit building
  • Lyons, IL - Couch I was sitting on shook for a split second. Thought someone in a car hit the house, then heard on the TV it was an earthquake in Indian Head Park. No damage, just the slight shake.
  • Willowbrook,IL - shaking
  • Hinsdale - The house was shaking, a cabinet opened in The kitchen and a mirror came crashing to the floor.
  • Riverside IL - I thought my aqaurium was going to tip over and heard a quick grumble. It didnt last long though.
  • Brookfield - Felt the house rumbling, sounded like intense thunder but couldn't see weather justifying it. Questioned if something wrong might be going on outside.
  • Oakbrook Terrace - Slight shaking for ~ 2 seconds
  • Lombard - felt the floor shaking and my cubicle wall move...thought it was my co worker jumping up and down
  • Indian Head Park - Felt House shake. No damage, nothing fell from walls. Strange enough to go outside and look around because at first, I had no idea it was an earthquake
  • Downers Grove IL - I was sitting on my couch on a conference call when the couch started to move. I thought that perhaps a train running a half block away had dropped some cargo . . .
  • Oak Brook/Westmont - My office building was shaking for 1 second. I thought that was because of the construction inside of the building.
  • Westmont IL - Everybody in office stands up and I felt very serious shake
  • Oak park - Felt my house sway / roll for about 3 seconds - then a very low rumble in the floor afterward.
  • Oak Brook - On the 3rd floor of our office building - felt the floor kind of bounce as if someone was dropping boxes or furniture - no noise with it- chair moved back and forth-building seemed to move back and forth - lasted a couple seconds
  • Hinsdale, IL - House shook, furniture shook and moved.scared the dogs!!!
  • Briarwood Square - The entire house shook for a few seconds. I was on the first floor n the couch, tv, lights, piano.. Everything shook for 2-3 seconds it was fast.
  • Western Springs - Thought someone was breaking into my house!
  • Burr Ridge - It felt like a bomb went off underneath me and the entire building shook.
  • Hillside - The building I was in shook. Lasted only a couple of seconds.
  • Lombard IL - i didnt feel it, but 2 of my coworkers were convinced it happened!!
  • Darien, IL - It was very loud and everything shook for a few seconds. It felt like someone was operating some heavy equipment outside.
  • 60559 - 5th floor of office building
  • Willow Springs, IL - I shook in my chair and watch my blinds move lightly. I looked at my laptop, it was 12:36pm.
  • Chicago Avenue - felt like someone was shaking my chair, files fell from a table and pictures were knocked askew
  • Oak Park - I know it was a quarry blast, but I did feel a light shaking/rumbling. I was seated on the couch at the time. I could feel it through the couch and through the floor. It lasted just a few seconds.
  • Summit, IL - was for a second, cray feeling
  • Oak Brook - Sitting at my desk and felt the room shake. Room seemed to move side to side. Knew right away what it was as having lived in Southern California for a number of years. My cat who is 17 years old and rarely moves ran for her life!
  • Hodgkins, Illinois - I was at work and it sounded like a forklift hit the wall and the ground shook for a few seconds.
  • Oakbrook - Very light shaking on floor
  • EMSC Illinois Nov 04 18:35 3.7 1 MAP I Felt It
  • Hines, ILL - Sitting at work on computer and there was sudden, brief, strong shaking
  • Countryside, Il. - I heard a loud noise and building shook for about 2-3 seconds. I thought that therehad bee I was sitting in a restaurant when suddenly I heard a loud noise and the building shook for 2-3 seconds. I thought there was a gas explosion nearby or that a truck had run into the building.Several people ran outside to see what happened but nothing to see.
  • countryside, illinois - boom and the build shook
  • USGS Illinois Mar 11 05:56 2.7 5 MAP I Felt It
    EMSC Illinois Nov 20 23:28 3.6 5 MAP I Felt It
  • Crossville, IL - Very Quick and LOUD... Heard it coming. Slammed walls knocked a few pictures off. Only lasted a second or two.
  • phillipstown - Heard it coming. Barely felt it.
  • Olney, IL - Felt it as I sat at my desk- table shook as well as laptop, rumbling under feet.
  • USGS Illinois Nov 20 23:28 3.6 17 MAP I Felt It
  • Olney, IL - Did not hear it but felt rumbling of building and light shaking of desks
  • USGS Illinois Nov 20 23:28 3.6 5 MAP I Felt It
    USGS Indiana May 10 22:54 3.1 9 MAP I Felt It
  • Bruceville, IN - House windows shook and couch that I was setting on shook. I live in an inground house.
  • USGS Indiana May 10 22:54 3.1 11 MAP I Felt It
    USGS Indiana May 10 22:07 2.7 8 MAP I Felt It
    James Daniell CATDAT United States Sep 02 08:00 0.0 10 MAP I Felt It
    James Daniell CATDAT United States Sep 27 08:00 0.0 10 MAP I Felt It

Have you felt an earthquake ? Tell us

Comments

1. Did anyone else feel this? Or am I losing it?