Canada earthquakes list + Liste de tremblements de terre Canadien

The list below shows the last Canadian earthquakes
La liste ci-dessous contient  les derniers tremblements de terre
Personalized E-mail earthquake alerts for this area.
Click on Subscribe to E-mail list of this page below and make your choice of " delivery frequency" and "Magnitude". Click here for more information.

TRY our unique ER Twitter @CAQuake_Tracker and/or @BCQuake_Tracker
reporting only earthquakes in Canada and/or British Columbia (including portions
of the neighbouring states and the Pacific Ocean). Probably the only one in the
world combining earthquakes with I Have Felt It reports coming from our
readers. Try us, you will not regret it. Online since December 29, 2012

In depth articles on Canada earthquakes written by Earthquake-Report.com
Massive earthquake below British Columbia, Canada (Oct. 27, 2012)

Label info : M = magnitude, D = depth (km), Time = UTC – Click here for conversion in your local time.
Refresh this list
    GEOFON Nw Territories - Nunavut, Canada Mar 21 16:33 4.4 10 MAP I Felt It INFO
    USGS Fort Good Hope, Canada Mar 21 16:33 4.6 2 MAP I Felt It INFO
    USGS Haines Junction, Canada Mar 10 22:19 2.6 0 MAP
    USGS Miramichi, Canada Mar 07 03:17 2.9 10 MAP I Felt It INFO
  • Miramichi - No damage. I thought my upstairs neighbours were moving furniture
  • MIRAMICHI - Light shaking
  • South Nelson - Wednesday evening just after 11pm Atlantic time there was a loud bang, I thought my roof was splitting in half.
  • Sourh esk NB - At 1120..march 7th.I was sleeping,I became air born...Thought this was the Rapture! Incredibly loud,thought something blue up,opened door to check outside,wife in kitchen,momentarily froze...Had no idea what was happening!
  • USGS Red Deer, Canada Mar 04 12:55 3.4 5 MAP I Felt It INFO
    USGS Vancouver Island, Canada Region Feb 15 06:27 4.0 10 MAP I Felt It INFO
  • Nanaimo - Very weak shaking
  • GEOFON Vancouver Island, Canada Region Feb 14 00:34 5.3 10 MAP
    USGS Vancouver Island, Canada Region Feb 14 00:34 4.7 12 MAP I Felt It INFO
    USGS Vancouver Island, Canada Region Feb 14 00:34 4.8 10 MAP
    USGS Port Hardy, Canada Feb 13 22:53 4.1 10 MAP I Felt It INFO
    USGS Port Hardy, Canada Feb 11 00:02 4.1 10 MAP I Felt It INFO
    USGS Greater Sudbury, Canada Feb 08 07:23 3.1 2 MAP
    EMSC Ontario, Canada Feb 08 07:23 3.5 10 MAP I Felt It INFO
  • Sudbury - It happened at 2:24am and I heard and felt it while I was in bed. I recognized it to be another earthquake. No property damage, didn’t feel as much as the one 2 days earlier.
  • USGS Haines Junction, Canada Feb 07 09:53 2.5 0 MAP
    EMSC Ontario, Canada Feb 06 22:08 2.9 10 MAP I Felt It INFO
    USGS Haines Junction, Canada Jan 26 04:50 2.5 0 MAP
    EMSC Vancouver Island, Canada Region Jan 17 03:23 4.0 10 MAP I Felt It INFO
    USGS Port Hardy, Canada Jan 17 03:23 4.2 10 MAP
    EMSC New Brunswick, Canada Jan 10 13:49 3.7 10 MAP I Felt It INFO
  • Grand Bay-Westfield - Very weak shaking
  • Hampton - Shaking lasted about 20 seconds, shook the whole house. No damage.
  • Saint John - Felt like 4 seconds?
  • Welsford - 6-8 seconds
  • Saint John - Light shaking
  • Brown's Flat - About 4 seconds. No property damage.
  • GRAND BAY-WESTFIELD - Heard what sounded like a sonic boom and the house shook, the chandeliers were swaying as well.
  • Nerepis - shook the house and scared the dogs
  • Saint john NB - House shook strongly for few seconds. Very scary.
  • USGS Saint John, Canada Jan 10 13:49 3.8 5 MAP
    USGS Princeton, Canada Dec 02 22:22 2.9 0 MAP
    GEOFON Vancouver Island, Canada Region Dec 01 07:33 4.6 10 MAP
    USGS Port Hardy, Canada Dec 01 07:33 4.7 10 MAP I Felt It INFO
    USGS Fort St. John, Canada Nov 30 01:27 4.2 10 MAP I Felt It INFO
  • Fort St John - Light shaking
  • Site c - Moderate shaking
  • Rose Prairie - It was fast not even three seconds but the house moved a lot.
  • Fort St. John - Moderate shaking
  • Fort Saint john - Moderate shaking
  • Taylor - lasted 3-4 seconds. Older wood frame building moved considerably. Not sure of any structural damage to building at this time.
  • Fort St John - The original earthquake was close to 6pm. Strong, sudden shaking, very scary. Felt a very strong aftershock at 7:19pm. Rattled the house.
  • Fort st john - 6-10 seconds
  • Fort St. John - Light shaking
  • Fort St. John, British Columbia - It happened while I was in my bedroom and there were 2 shakes. The first shake happened for 10 seconds, while the second shake happened for 7 seconds. Good thing, my house is not damaged.
  • FORT ST JOHN - Laying on my bed and sending a message on internet at dinner time. It felt like a truck hit the side of my house and my lamp shook for about3-5 seconds. I went outside and did not see anybody to ask whether they felt it. I am not sure if there was damage to the house.
  • Hudsons hope - Felt like the washmachine was unbalanced.
  • Fort St. John - It was about 6:38 pm November 29 in Fort St. John, BC I was driving and I slid a little bit on the road because the ice here on the roads. Moderate to strong and for only a few seconds. I didn’t know it was a quake, I just thought I hit an icy spot! People inside buildings and houses said it was longer than that! It’s happened here before because of fracking.
  • EMSC British Columbia, Canada Nov 30 01:27 4.5 5 MAP
    USGS Port Hardy, Canada Oct 22 06:16 6.8 21 MAP
    USGS Port Hardy, Canada Oct 22 05:39 6.6 10 MAP
    GEOFON Vancouver Island, Canada Region Oct 22 05:39 6.5 10 MAP I Felt It INFO
    USGS Port Hardy, Canada Oct 22 05:39 6.6 11 MAP
    USGS Old Crow, Canada Oct 08 06:22 3.0 0 MAP
    USGS Yarmouth, Canada Sep 29 13:32 2.5 13 MAP

Let us know if you have felt an earthquake
    Rapportez nous quand vous avez ressenti un tremblement de terre

X

Comments

1. Felt like a car hit the house.. then rumbling shaking everything. Largest quake in this area in 35 years!

2. 11:40 pm dec 29th woken by bed shaking and window blinds rattling. North Vancouver 8th floor.

3. Isabelle Parent says:

A Tres Saint-Redempteur, Quebec, Canada. Vers 1h30 - 2h dans la nuit du 17 juin 2013, un grondement au loin suivi d'un (gros bang) qui a fait trembler le sol et claquer les vitres comme une distortion le temps de ce (gros bang), Croyant a une orage je regardai le ciel mais ne voyant aucune eclair. J'ai cru qu'un transformateur d'hydro-quebec avait saute mais encore la pas d'eclair. A peine quelques minutes plus tard, le meme scenario s'est repete.??

4. Ghislain Proulx says:

Pincourt, tremblement ressenti pendant ± 7 à 8 sec. avec une pointe à la 4 iè sec.

5. Victoria says:

Morin heights i woke at 4:01 and it Started at 4:02 read somwhere that it was magnitude 7.7 it lased at least 45secs the dog freaked and think a couple of things fell

6. Queen Charlotte Islands, Canada Region earthquake/ tsunami warning and after shocks started Oct 27 @8pm, the wrong date and times are listed on the website.

No, this is not true. I agree local time was October 27 but we work for the world and use (like all seismological agencies) UTC or Universal Standard time. Thanks for your comment.

7. House was swaying back and forth. Started slowly rocking and got gradually worse to the curtain rods going back and forth 3 inches anyway.