Costa Rica multi-source realtime earthquakes list - Lista sismos Costa Rica

The list below shows the most recent Costa Rica earthquakes.
La siguiente lista muestra los sismos de Costa Rica más reciente.
Personalized E-mail earthquake alerts for this area. Click on Subscribe to E-mail list of this page below and make your choice of " delivery frequency" and "Magnitude". Click here for more information.

In-depth articles on Costa Rica earthquakes
Massive Quake hits Costa Rica and generates a lot of damage - Sept.5, 2012

No listed earthquakes means that there were NO recent earthquakes detected by USGS, EMSC and/or GEOFON.
Si no hay sismos listados significa que NO han habido sismos detectados por USGS, EMSC y/o GEOFON.

Label info : M = magnitude, D = depth (km), Time = UTC – Costa Rica time = UTC -6

Refresh this list
EMSC Costa Rica Jan 27 20:30 3.3 11 MAP I Felt It INFO
EMSC Costa Rica Jan 26 20:50 3.1 10 MAP I Felt It INFO
USGS Sardinal, Costa Rica Jan 26 15:31 4.4 15 MAP
EMSC Off Coast Of Costa Rica Jan 26 15:31 4.4 16 MAP I Felt It INFO
  • Brasilito - Extremely short duration.
  • EMSC Off Coast Of Costa Rica Jan 26 14:06 3.4 3 MAP I Felt It INFO
    EMSC Costa Rica Jan 26 13:28 3.4 11 MAP I Felt It INFO
    EMSC Panama-costa Rica Border Region Jan 26 13:15 3.5 9 MAP I Felt It INFO
    EMSC Costa Rica Jan 25 23:10 3.0 10 MAP I Felt It INFO
    EMSC Costa Rica Jan 25 21:08 3.0 8 MAP I Felt It INFO
    EMSC Panama-costa Rica Border Region Jan 24 21:10 3.1 31 MAP I Felt It INFO
    EMSC Off Coast Of Costa Rica Jan 23 16:31 3.2 3 MAP I Felt It INFO
    EMSC Costa Rica Jan 23 16:00 3.6 22 MAP I Felt It INFO
    EMSC Panama-costa Rica Border Region Jan 22 15:52 3.9 20 MAP I Felt It INFO
    EMSC Costa Rica Jan 21 21:42 3.0 13 MAP
    EMSC Costa Rica Jan 21 21:40 3.6 20 MAP I Felt It INFO
  • Drake Bay - Bed, house and coffee cups shaking. First lasted 15 seconds, second a little less.
  • Esterillos oeste - I was asleep and awoke to the shaking and drawer handles tapping then went back to sleep then felt it again 30 min or so later .
  • EMSC Off Coast Of Costa Rica Jan 21 17:15 3.7 3 MAP I Felt It INFO
    EMSC Off Coast Of Costa Rica Jan 21 14:43 4.0 3 MAP I Felt It INFO
  • Quepos - My bed actually slid around a bit. No damage
  • Dominicalito - Felt my bed shaking and the ground beneath me moving. Happened at about 2am and then again about 20minutes later. We have a view of the ocean and there was a lot of lighting and thunderstorms.
  • Escaleras/uvita - Light shaking
  • EMSC Off Coast Of Costa Rica Jan 21 14:05 3.3 3 MAP
    EMSC Off Coast Of Costa Rica Jan 21 13:56 3.2 3 MAP
    EMSC Off Coast Of Costa Rica Jan 21 13:50 3.3 15 MAP I Felt It INFO
  • Jaco - Vibrations in my bed. Woke me up but lasted only 15 seconds by the time I thought earthquake it was over No property damage
  • USGS Quepos, Costa Rica Jan 21 11:25 5.0 17 MAP
    EMSC Costa Rica Jan 21 11:25 5.0 20 MAP I Felt It INFO
  • Tinamaste - 1st wave 10 sec moderate shaking 2nd wave with less force but significant
  • Matapalo Puntarenas - Loud rattling. Pictures moved
  • GEOFON Costa Rica Jan 21 11:25 5.3 13 MAP
    GEOFON Costa Rica Jan 21 09:34 5.3 19 MAP
    EMSC Costa Rica Jan 21 09:33 5.3 20 MAP I Felt It INFO
  • San Jose - Light shaking
  • San jose - Maybe 4 to 6 seconds of light shaking. Some creaking noises from furniture and doors. No visible damage.
  • JACO COSTA RICA - LIKE 8 SECONDS
  • Grecia - Moderate shaking
  • San José - It lasted about 45 seconds
  • Matapalo Puntarenas - Pictures moved. Loud rattling. Woke us up!
  • Drake Bay - I slept in a treehouse so the shaking felt pretty strong
    EMSC Costa Rica Jan 15 13:53 3.3 33 MAP I Felt It INFO
    EMSC Costa Rica Jan 14 15:34 3.4 7 MAP I Felt It INFO
    EMSC Costa Rica Jan 12 05:41 3.2 9 MAP I Felt It INFO
    EMSC Costa Rica Jan 11 13:13 3.1 33 MAP I Felt It INFO
    EMSC Costa Rica Jan 08 14:16 3.2 30 MAP I Felt It INFO
    EMSC Costa Rica Jan 06 21:10 4.2 39 MAP I Felt It INFO
  • San Ramón - It was earlier this afternoon. It lasted a long time but was gently shaking. Maybe 8 seconds?
  • EMSC Costa Rica Jan 06 10:53 3.8 10 MAP I Felt It INFO
    EMSC Off Coast Of Costa Rica Jan 02 14:01 3.6 26 MAP I Felt It INFO
    EMSC Costa Rica Jan 01 11:14 3.4 20 MAP I Felt It INFO
    EMSC Panama-costa Rica Border Region Dec 31 23:10 4.2 31 MAP I Felt It INFO
    USGS Santiago, Costa Rica Dec 31 23:09 3.9 56 MAP
    EMSC Costa Rica Dec 31 23:09 3.9 56 MAP I Felt It INFO
    EMSC Costa Rica Dec 31 12:23 3.1 5 MAP I Felt It INFO
  • Alajuela Central - Weak shaking
  • EMSC Costa Rica Dec 31 00:11 3.2 8 MAP I Felt It INFO
    EMSC Costa Rica Dec 29 23:03 4.5 42 MAP I Felt It INFO
  • Jaco - 10-15 seconds, no damage.
  • Monte verde - Moderate shaking
  • Monteverde - I was laying in bed and I felt the bed shake for about 2-3 seconds. I heard the building I was in shake as well, I thought it was a very strong wind at first.
  • EMSC Costa Rica Dec 29 20:21 3.3 21 MAP I Felt It INFO
  • EMSC Panama-costa Rica Border Region Dec 12 13:19 3.3 27 MAP I Felt It INFO
    EMSC Off Coast Of Costa Rica Dec 11 17:31 3.8 3 MAP I Felt It INFO
    EMSC Off Coast Of Costa Rica Dec 11 14:56 3.1 14 MAP I Felt It INFO
    EMSC Panama-costa Rica Border Region Dec 10 02:14 3.5 14 MAP I Felt It INFO

Have you felt an earthquake ? Please fill in the form below - Lo Sintio

X

Comments

1. Hazel KITE says:

woke up to loud rumbling and then our hotel shaking violently with the walls moving from side to side.This was my first earthquake and very scary

2. Penelope del Toboso says:

This shake was very strong and lasted quiet a bit. I was prepared for something worst. Fortunately it passed. Let's hope there are no more replicas.