Costa Rica multi-source realtime earthquakes list - Lista sismos Costa Rica

The list below shows the most recent Costa Rica earthquakes.
La siguiente lista muestra los sismos de Costa Rica más reciente.
Personalized E-mail earthquake alerts for this area. Click on Subscribe to E-mail list of this page below and make your choice of " delivery frequency" and "Magnitude". Click here for more information.

In-depth articles on Costa Rica earthquakes
Massive Quake hits Costa Rica and generates a lot of damage - Sept.5, 2012

No listed earthquakes means that there were NO recent earthquakes detected by USGS, EMSC and/or GEOFON.
Si no hay sismos listados significa que NO han habido sismos detectados por USGS, EMSC y/o GEOFON.

Label info : M = magnitude, D = depth (km), Time = UTC – Costa Rica time = UTC -6

Refresh this list
EMSC Costa Rica Aug 07 01:20 3.2 28 MAP I Felt It INFO
EMSC Panama-costa Rica Border Region Aug 07 01:15 3.3 15 MAP I Felt It INFO
USGS Pital, Costa Rica Aug 06 21:14 4.8 102 MAP
EMSC Costa Rica Aug 06 21:14 4.8 109 MAP
GEOFON Costa Rica Aug 06 21:14 4.9 105 MAP I Felt It INFO
  • San Antonio Turrialba - about 10-15 seconds
  • San Ramón, ALA - Shaking lasted about ten seconds. No property damage.
  • Santa Elena - We voelden de grond en de tafel onder ons heen en weer schudden.
  • San Jose - Strong shaking
  • Atenas - Felt at about 3:20 pm, lasted about 5-10 seconds
  • San Juan de San Ramon Alajuela - Sharp jolt, small second shake....5 seconds
  • Perez Zeledon, San Isidro de El General - it only lasted about 5 seconds, but different than the usual swaying side-to-side. This had a little jolt to it. No damage.
  • EMSC Costa Rica Aug 06 18:45 3.8 15 MAP I Felt It INFO
  • Dominical - Very minor 8 seconds shaking. No damage
  • San Jose - It lasted about 10 seconds.
  • Grecia - Light shaking
    EMSC Costa Rica Jul 08 00:09 5.2 62 MAP I Felt It INFO
  • Guanacaste - Moderate shaking
  • Playas del Coco - 2-3 seconds of shaking, no damage
  • Samara - Very weak shaking
  • Playa del coco - Weak shaking
  • Playa Hermosa Guanacaste - Maybe ten seconds tops, no damage
  • Liberia - Lasted about 9 seconds I thought someone was drunk dancing on my roof
  • Tilaran - I went to stab my green beans and they tried to run. I got'em though !
  • Monteverde - Weak shaking
  • Playas del Coco - 2 shocks back to back. 2nd one stronger than the 1st. Happened at 6 PM July 7th 2019
  • Guanacaste - 10 seconds, no damage
  • San Juan del Sur - No damage. Up and down shaking, clearly felt, about 10seconds duration
  • Playa del Coco - Moderate shaking
  • Playa El Jobo - 4 seconds
  • EMSC Off Coast Of Costa Rica Jul 07 22:51 3.7 13 MAP I Felt It INFO
    EMSC Costa Rica Jul 07 19:49 3.0 3 MAP I Felt It INFO
    USGS Quepos, Costa Rica Jul 07 13:17 4.5 10 MAP I Felt It INFO
    EMSC Panama-costa Rica Border Region Jul 07 04:05 4.0 32 MAP I Felt It INFO
    EMSC Off Coast Of Costa Rica Jul 06 06:58 4.6 23 MAP I Felt It INFO
    EMSC Panama-costa Rica Border Region Jul 06 02:22 3.5 29 MAP I Felt It INFO
    EMSC Panama-costa Rica Border Region Jul 05 13:21 3.5 25 MAP I Felt It INFO
    EMSC Costa Rica Jul 04 21:12 3.1 9 MAP I Felt It INFO

Have you felt an earthquake ? Please fill in the form below - Lo Sintio

X

Comments

1. Hazel KITE says:

woke up to loud rumbling and then our hotel shaking violently with the walls moving from side to side.This was my first earthquake and very scary

2. Penelope del Toboso says:

This shake was very strong and lasted quiet a bit. I was prepared for something worst. Fortunately it passed. Let's hope there are no more replicas.