Costa Rica multi-source realtime earthquakes list - Lista sismos Costa Rica

The list below shows the most recent Costa Rica earthquakes.
La siguiente lista muestra los sismos de Costa Rica más reciente.
Personalized E-mail earthquake alerts for this area. Click on Subscribe to E-mail list of this page below and make your choice of " delivery frequency" and "Magnitude". Click here for more information.

In-depth articles on Costa Rica earthquakes
Massive Quake hits Costa Rica and generates a lot of damage - Sept.5, 2012

No listed earthquakes means that there were NO recent earthquakes detected by USGS, EMSC and/or GEOFON.
Si no hay sismos listados significa que NO han habido sismos detectados por USGS, EMSC y/o GEOFON.

Label info : M = magnitude, D = depth (km), Time = UTC – Costa Rica time = UTC -6

Refresh this list
    EMSC Costa Rica Jul 08 00:09 5.2 62 MAP I Felt It INFO
  • Guanacaste - Moderate shaking
  • Playas del Coco - 2-3 seconds of shaking, no damage
  • Samara - Very weak shaking
  • Playa del coco - Weak shaking
  • Playa Hermosa Guanacaste - Maybe ten seconds tops, no damage
  • Liberia - Lasted about 9 seconds I thought someone was drunk dancing on my roof
  • Tilaran - I went to stab my green beans and they tried to run. I got'em though !
  • Monteverde - Weak shaking
  • Playas del Coco - 2 shocks back to back. 2nd one stronger than the 1st. Happened at 6 PM July 7th 2019
  • Guanacaste - 10 seconds, no damage
  • San Juan del Sur - No damage. Up and down shaking, clearly felt, about 10seconds duration
  • Playa del Coco - Moderate shaking
    EMSC Off Coast Of Costa Rica Jul 01 05:41 4.8 21 MAP I Felt It INFO
    GEOFON Off Coast Of Costa Rica Jul 01 05:33 4.4 20 MAP
    EMSC Off Coast Of Costa Rica Jul 01 05:33 4.4 20 MAP I Felt It INFO
    GEOFON Off Coast Of Costa Rica Jul 01 04:57 4.3 21 MAP
    EMSC Off Coast Of Costa Rica Jul 01 04:57 4.3 21 MAP I Felt It INFO
    EMSC Panama-costa Rica Border Region Jul 01 03:54 3.5 31 MAP I Felt It INFO
  • Puerto Armuelles - I felt it for around 15 seconds, we had the opportunity to joke about it.
  • David - We were sitting and having coffee outside and felt the light shaking. Seemed to last only 5 to 7 seconds. Minor swaying of fixtures.
  • EMSC Off Coast Of Costa Rica Jul 01 00:26 4.0 15 MAP I Felt It INFO
  • Carrillo - Light shaking
  • Langosta - Felt like a car ran into the house.
  • EMSC Panama-costa Rica Border Region Jun 30 16:49 3.3 33 MAP I Felt It INFO
  • Tamarindo - Light shaking
  • Brasalito - Light shaking
  • Villareal - Two times it happened this past hour, at around 11:30pm with a 5-10 min break between. The second time was stronger and lasted longer.
  • Villarreal - Brief shaking but strong, felt like a truck crashed into my house. Then small tremors for a few minutes after. Shocked to learn the quake was so small and so far away.
  • Villarreal - Felt it closer to 11:30 pm - no damage
  • playa grande - 11:30pm local time light shaking, maybe 3 seconds, enough to wake me up
  • EMSC Panama-costa Rica Border Region Jun 30 15:54 4.1 11 MAP I Felt It INFO
    EMSC Costa Rica Jun 30 14:55 3.6 41 MAP I Felt It INFO
    EMSC Panama-costa Rica Border Region Jun 29 18:42 4.0 29 MAP I Felt It INFO
    EMSC Panama-costa Rica Border Region Jun 29 16:58 3.3 31 MAP I Felt It INFO
    EMSC Panama-costa Rica Border Region Jun 29 15:45 3.0 34 MAP I Felt It INFO
    EMSC Panama-costa Rica Border Region Jun 29 14:56 3.5 27 MAP I Felt It INFO
    EMSC Panama-costa Rica Border Region Jun 29 14:23 3.6 32 MAP
    EMSC Panama-costa Rica Border Region Jun 29 14:07 3.6 31 MAP I Felt It INFO
    EMSC Costa Rica Jun 29 02:25 3.2 56 MAP I Felt It INFO
    EMSC Costa Rica Jun 28 15:48 3.8 82 MAP I Felt It INFO
    EMSC Panama-costa Rica Border Region Jun 28 11:17 4.4 23 MAP I Felt It INFO
  • Potrerillos Abajo - Lasted about 5-10 seconds. No damage to house. It ocurred at 6:17 am Panama time.
  • Boquete - Moderate shaking
    EMSC Panama-costa Rica Border Region Jun 27 01:13 3.0 31 MAP
    EMSC Panama-costa Rica Border Region Jun 27 00:53 3.6 28 MAP
    EMSC Costa Rica Jun 27 00:08 3.8 25 MAP I Felt It INFO
    EMSC Panama-costa Rica Border Region Jun 26 23:52 3.2 15 MAP I Felt It INFO
    EMSC Panama-costa Rica Border Region Jun 26 22:47 4.4 30 MAP I Felt It INFO
    EMSC Panama-costa Rica Border Region Jun 26 19:12 5.0 24 MAP I Felt It INFO
  • San Isidro de El General - I'm thinking this was an aftershock. About 1:11pm local time. Very mild movement. I was sitting still but if I was moving around I probably wouldn't have felt anything. I'm on high alert after last night's scary quake.

• Data sources courtesy : USGSEMSCGFZGEONET

Have you felt an earthquake ? Please fill in the form below - Lo Sintio

X

Comments

1. Hazel KITE says:

woke up to loud rumbling and then our hotel shaking violently with the walls moving from side to side.This was my first earthquake and very scary

2. Penelope del Toboso says:

This shake was very strong and lasted quiet a bit. I was prepared for something worst. Fortunately it passed. Let's hope there are no more replicas.