Texas earthquakes list + in-depth articles

The list below shows the latest  Texas earthquakes

Articles on Texas earthquakes written by Earthquake-Report.com
Earthquake in Irving, Texas - Sept. 30, 2012
Timpson, Texas earthquake updated to M4.8 -  May 17, 2012
Moderate extremely shallow earthquake in Atascosa County, Texas - Oct. 20, 2011
- Shallow magnitude 4.4 earthquake close to Snyder, Texas  - Sept. 11, 2011

TRY our unique ER Twitter @Quake_TrackerTX, reporting only TEXAS earthquakes
(including portions of the neighboring states and Mexico).
Probably the only one in the world combining earthquakes with I Have Felt It
reports
 coming from our readers. Try us, you will not regret it.
Online since December 16, 2012

Label info : M = magnitude, D = depth (km), Time = UTC – Texas = UTC –6

USGS Fort Davis, Texas Nov 18 19:29 2.6 16 MAP I Felt It
USGS Poth, Texas Nov 14 15:24 2.8 5 MAP I Felt It
USGS Pecos, Texas Nov 10 14:44 3.0 5 MAP I Felt It INFO
USGS Pecos, Texas Oct 30 02:23 2.6 2 MAP I Felt It
USGS Western Texas Oct 24 23:54 2.6 1 MAP I Felt It
USGS Pecos, Texas Oct 22 02:53 3.2 5 MAP I Felt It INFO
  • Duncanville, Texas - Approximately 5 seconds. It woke me up and the windows rattled. I thought it was a tornado, but later thought it was likely an earthquake. I think it was an aftershock because it happened at 3:30 am CST.
  • EMSC Western Texas Oct 22 02:53 3.2 5 MAP I Felt It
    USGS Western Texas Sep 03 06:27 3.4 2 MAP I Felt It INFO
    EMSC Western Texas Sep 03 06:27 3.4 3 MAP I Felt It
    USGS Pecos, Texas Sep 03 06:24 3.1 5 MAP I Felt It
    USGS Pecos, Texas Sep 01 16:44 2.8 5 MAP I Felt It
    USGS Irving, Texas Aug 25 11:41 3.1 5 MAP I Felt It INFO
  • irving TX - 2-3 seconds, no damage
  • Farmers Branch - Super short duration, but violent enough to jar me out of sleep.
  • Irving - Very weak shaking
  • Las Colinas - It lasted at least three seconds and was enough to wake my tired teenager up.
  • Irving - Shaking lasted 3 seconds then a "boom" sound in the building I work at.
  • dallas - no damage just a loud bomb and 3 seconds of shaking.
  • Dallas - 4 seconds pictures moved and loud sound in the building
  • Irving - Strong shaking
  • Irving - Light shaking
  • Dallas, Texas - 2-3 seconds, very little shaking preceeded by a fairly loud, low noise.
  • Irving - no damage to my house, I was sitting in a chair with wheels when quake hit, my chair rolled slightly without my help. I thought,"how weird" before I realized it must have been a quake. this is 3rd quake I felt at my home.
  • Irving - On the sixth floor of a hotel, thought someone was shaking the foot of the bed.
  • USGS Pecos, Texas Aug 24 02:12 2.9 3 MAP I Felt It
    EMSC Western Texas Apr 19 12:18 2.6 3 MAP I Felt It
    USGS Pecos, Texas Apr 10 01:18 2.9 1 MAP I Felt It
    EMSC Western Texas Apr 10 01:18 2.9 2 MAP I Felt It
    USGS Pecos, Texas Jan 26 03:46 2.7 2 MAP I Felt It
    EMSC Western Texas Jan 26 03:46 2.7 2 MAP I Felt It

Have you felt an earthquake ? Tell us

Comments

1. Sherrie says:

It shook the house, and at first I thought someone hit our garage with their car, or a large object landed on our roof - kind of both at the same time. Dogs started barking all around the neighborhood, too. It just felt like a big T H U M P all around our home.

2. logicrules says:

I lived in CA for 20+ years and became very sensitive to earthquakes.
      I have felt several earthquakes while living in Amarillo (1 year) but none have been reported until now. Why?

We report all earthquakes M2.5 or more coming from the main seismological agencies in the world