Hawaii earthquakes list + Hawaii earthquakes in-depth articles

Back to the Region / Country  OVERVIEW page
The list below shows the latest Hawaii earthquakes

In depth articles on Hawaii earthquakes written by Earthquake-Report.com in 2011 (earlier see below)
- Mauna Kea, Hawaii – earthquake swarm below the astronomical observatories volcano (October 20, 2011)

TRY our unique ER Twitter @Quake_TrackerHI, reporting only Oregon
(including portions of the neighbouring states and the Pacific Ocean).
Probably the only one in the world combining earthquakes with I Have Felt It
reports
 coming from our readers. Try us, you will not regret it.
Online since December 12, 2012

Label info : M = magnitude, D = depth (km), Time = UTC – Hawaii time = UTC - 8

USGS Pahala, Hawaii Jun 25 07:02 2.5 36 MAP I Felt It
USGS Volcano, Hawaii Jun 24 12:46 2.7 46 MAP I Felt It
USGS Volcano, Hawaii Jun 24 07:25 2.6 0 MAP I Felt It
USGS Volcano, Hawaii Jun 24 01:26 2.6 1 MAP I Felt It
USGS Volcano, Hawaii Jun 24 01:26 2.8 1 MAP I Felt It
USGS Hawaiian Ocean View, Hawaii Jun 21 20:09 4.5 38 MAP I Felt It
  • Ocean view, hi - Very quick 1-2 second jolt
  • kailua-kona - One jolt.
  • EMSC Hawaii Region, Hawaii Jun 21 20:09 4.2 38 MAP I Felt It INFO
    USGS Volcano, Hawaii Jun 09 12:12 2.9 7 MAP I Felt It
    USGS Volcano, Hawaii Jun 09 12:12 2.5 9 MAP I Felt It
    USGS Volcano, Hawaii Jun 08 17:05 2.8 2 MAP I Felt It
    GEOFON Hawaii Jun 08 17:01 5.1 8 MAP I Felt It
    USGS Volcano, Hawaii Jun 08 17:01 5.3 7 MAP I Felt It INFO
  • Saburthalo - Felt 3-5 secs of shake
  • Kailua-Kona, Hawaii - Light shaking and sounds of house creaking, no damage to the property
  • Kailua Kona - 3 seconds
  • Kurtistown - 6 seconds
  • Ninole - 5 seconds no damage nothing moved or fell
  • Puna Hawaii - It lasted for 6 to 8 seconds, felt like side to side shaking to me. No damage😀
  • Pahoa - appliances + furniture shook; no damage
  • Kamuela - Light shaking side to side lasted a few seconds
  • Hilo Hawaii - Shaking not rolling. Like the house was being pulled back and forth. Short time
  • Keaau - light shaking, no damage, lasted a few seconds.
  • Nanawale, Hawaii - I was a good shaker here in Nanawale, the dog hung on the cat freeked and being from California, I thought to myself, this was about a 5, Nothing broke, no damage, it seemed to go on for maybe 10 seconds or so
  • Hawaiian Acres - Rattle house twice.... ( fastest my dog ever jump off the couch)
  • Pahoa, Hawaii - Seemed to last for at least 3 sec, here in Pahoa
  • Pahoa, Hawaii - Woke up to the whole house rumbling! We live between Pahoa & Opihikao. Wowza!
  • Volcano - Rolling sensation with doors rattling. Lasted around 3 seconds. 2 boards in the closet fell but no real damage.
  • USGS Kalaoa, Hawaii Jun 08 03:08 3.4 13 MAP I Felt It INFO
    EMSC Island Of Hawaii, Hawaii May 29 06:45 2.1 11 MAP I Felt It
    EMSC Island Of Hawaii, Hawaii May 28 15:08 2.2 34 MAP I Felt It
    EMSC Island Of Hawaii, Hawaii May 27 21:28 2.2 4 MAP I Felt It
    EMSC Island Of Hawaii, Hawaii May 27 20:24 3.7 4 MAP I Felt It
    USGS Pahala, Hawaii May 27 20:24 3.7 4 MAP I Felt It INFO

Have you felt an earthquake ? Tell us

Comments

1. Sheyla Kanehailua says:

Btw this happened early morning! Not PM!!

Sheyla, you are probably not the last one telling us that. As we work Internationally, we use GMT or UTC time (all over the world the same) - also USGS is using that.

2. Sheyla Kanehailua says:

When will u guys have more info on this earthquake in hawaii??