California earthquakes list + California earthquakes in-depth articles

Back to the Region / Country  OVERVIEW page
The list below shows the latest California and Baja California (Mexico) earthquakes
Personalized E-mail earthquake alerts for this area. Click on Subscribe to E-mail list of this page below and make your choice of " delivery frequency" and "Magnitude". Click here for more information.

In depth articles on California earthquakes written by Earthquake-Report.com
Very strong earthquake at a safe distance out of the coast shakes Southern California and Northern Mexico (December 15, 2012)
- Moderate earthquake in the San Fransisco Bay Area (March 5, 2012)
- Strong earthquake in the greater Eureka area (February 13, 2012)
Magnitude 4.7 earthquake hits Northern California, USA (October 27, 2011)
- 2 shallow earthquakes strike near Berkeley, San Fransisco (October 20, 2011)
- Moderate earthquake near Riverside, California, USA (September 14, 2011)
- Moderate shallow quake in Central California (August 27, 2011)

TRY our unique ER Twitter @Quake_TrackerCA, reporting only California quakes
(including portions of the neighbouring states and the Pacific Ocean).
Probably the only one in the world combining earthquakes with I Have Felt It
reports
coming from our readers. Try us, you will not regret it.
Online since December 10, 2012

Label info : M = magnitude, D = depth (km), Time = UTC - Click here for the Time Zone world map.

Label info : M = magnitude, D = depth (km), Time = UTC – California time = UTC - 8

USGS The Geysers, California Nov 24 09:31 2.8 1 MAP I Felt It
EMSC Baja California, Mexico Nov 23 11:53 3.4 5 MAP I Felt It INFO
USGS Kettleman City, California Nov 23 04:55 2.8 18 MAP I Felt It
USGS Chester, California Nov 23 00:31 2.5 4 MAP I Felt It
USGS Planada, California Nov 22 02:31 2.5 5 MAP I Felt It
USGS Wofford Heights, California Nov 21 23:49 3.0 4 MAP I Felt It INFO
  • Santa Paula - Two items fell in my home around 12:40 am.
  • USGS Inyokern, California Nov 21 04:08 2.8 4 MAP I Felt It
    USGS Soledad, California Nov 17 04:09 2.7 5 MAP I Felt It
    USGS Soledad, California Nov 17 03:28 3.0 6 MAP I Felt It INFO
    EMSC Central California Nov 17 03:27 3.2 6 MAP I Felt It
    USGS Soledad, California Nov 17 01:17 2.9 5 MAP I Felt It
    USGS Gonzales, California Nov 16 23:08 3.2 5 MAP I Felt It
    EMSC Central California Nov 16 23:08 3.2 5 MAP I Felt It INFO
  • Atascadero - Sitting in a chair - rumbling sounds - duration 3 seconds each - 3 times within seconds of each one
  • USGS Kettleman City, California Nov 16 18:50 2.5 0 MAP I Felt It
    USGS Rancho Palos Verdes, California Nov 16 17:34 2.5 14 MAP I Felt It
    USGS West Bishop, California Nov 16 16:19 2.5 13 MAP I Felt It
    USGS Lost Hills, California Nov 16 03:44 2.5 3 MAP I Felt It
    USGS The Geysers, California Nov 15 22:54 3.0 0 MAP I Felt It
    USGS Loma Linda, California Nov 15 20:58 2.6 14 MAP I Felt It
    USGS Greenfield, California Nov 15 15:52 2.6 4 MAP I Felt It
    USGS Gonzales, California Nov 15 12:15 2.5 4 MAP I Felt It
  • Isleton - Last night, November 14th around 8pm. Felt like someone had run into our house. Sharp hit then trembling, not a roll as usual. Last about 5 to 10 seconds.
  • USGS Gilroy, California Nov 15 06:58 2.5 5 MAP I Felt It
    USGS Gonzales, California Nov 13 23:25 2.5 4 MAP I Felt It
    USGS Gonzales, California Nov 13 20:46 2.7 4 MAP I Felt It
    USGS Gonzales, California Nov 13 20:38 2.6 4 MAP I Felt It
    USGS Northern California Nov 13 20:30 3.0 17 MAP I Felt It
    EMSC Central California Nov 13 19:31 4.6 6 MAP I Felt It
  • Pleasantville - A few seconds
  • Fremont - Lite Shaking, lasted for a few seconds.
  • Carmel Valley - I felt a slight movement immediately followed by a larger jolt. The whole think only lasted a couple of seconds.
  • Aptos - Weak shaking
  • Palo Alto - 11:30am PST About 5 seconds, building swaying -- office mates all noticed and commented
  • Sand City CA - Very weak shaking
  • Salinas - Felt more of a rolling. Lasted only a few seconds...
  • SANTA CRUZ - No damage
  • Monterey - Moderate shaking
  • Redwood City - 1-2 seconds
  • Carmel Valley - 2 sec
  • Seaside, CA - Very weak shaking
  • Gilroy - Weak shaking
  • MARINA - Lasted a few seconds. Rumbling with shaking the house. plates rattling and light fixture swinging slightly.
  • San Carlos - At aroun 11:30am
  • Santa Cruz, CA - just a few seconds, no damage
  • 95051 - 15 seconds
  • Los Banos - Very weak shaking
  • Carmel Valley - No damage, just rattling of windows and vibrating floor/desk.
  • Monterey - 15 second duration. No damage
  • Menlo Park, CA - Light shaking
  • Monterey, CA - In my office on the third floor. Felt the the earthquake, my computer and desk were shaking.
  • Monterey - Lasted several seconds, cupboards were rattled hard enough to move contents (like glassware) to one side.
  • Salinas - I felt the building shake and rumble under my feet, then it stopped for a few seconds, then I felt another shake that was a bit stronger.
  • San Jose, CA - Fairly solid jolt followed by mild shake then gently swaying. Duration 5-8 seconds. Hit at the SS/W corner of my house. Time: 11:30 a.m. 11/13/2017.
  • Gilroy - Sitting in my backyard and the chair I was sitting started rocking and I looked at our pool and the water was moving back and forth. Seemed to last 10-15 seconds.
  • San Jose - No damage, no crowd reaction - just a little shaking at my desk at the office.
  • San Juan Bautista - Had my grandson duck and cover under table. Lasted about 15 sec
  • La Selva - I was sitting upstairs on my bed, facing the south, right at the top the hill, and felt the bed shaking; saw the window coverings move back and forth, for maybe 15 seconds. My cat jumped up just before it started.
  • Ridgemark - Pool water rolling, blinds shaking, dishes and china rattling, animals scared. Lasted 15-30 seconds.
  • Watsonville - shaking lasted about 10 seconds. No damage
  • Carmel - The house shook twice, lasted only a few seconds each time
  • San Francisco - 6th floor of 8 story office building, felt/saw the shake about 5-7sec. No damage
  • Monterey - I was on the 2nd Floor, felt a Jolt and then swaying which seemed to go on for a while (20-30 seconds?). My house creaked and contents of shelves, cabinets rattled, but no damage.
  • Soquel, ca - Felt for full monute
  • HOLLISTER - I FELT AN UP AND DOWN MOTION WHEN IT FIRST STARTED AND THEN THE USUAL SIDE TO SIDE STUFF. LASTED ABOUT 8 SECONDS. I WAS IN THE KITCHEN WITH HARDWOOD FLOOR. IT FELT LIKE A 4.6 NOTHING VIOLENT
  • Santa Cruz - Light shaking
  • USGS Gonzales, California Nov 13 19:31 4.6 6 MAP I Felt It INFO
  • Redwood City - Weak shaking
  • Salinas - Light shaking
  • Santa Cruz - Weak shaking
  • San JOse - Very weak shaking
  • San Francisco - I felt the office sway for a good 10 seconds
  • San Jose CA - Inside a tall building I could feel the building sway. The sway was enough to cause my blinds to move approximately an inch away from the window pane. Exciting.
  • San Jose - Light shaking
  • Foster City, CA - Felt the floor on the 5th floor of our building move and noticed the overhead lights swaying
  • Salinas - Light shaking
  • Ridgemark - Felt the shaking for about 15-30 seconds. Saw pool water rolling, blinds shaking, heard dishes rattling. Haven\'t inspected everything yet.
  • San Jose - A 5 second shake then 20 seconds of rolling, total 25 seconds. The window blinds swayed. No damage.
  • Monterey - Light shaking
  • USGS Ferndale, California Nov 13 13:00 2.6 15 MAP I Felt It
    USGS San Simeon, California Nov 13 09:04 2.5 6 MAP I Felt It
    USGS Coalinga, California Nov 11 17:01 2.6 3 MAP I Felt It
    USGS Kettleman City, California Nov 11 01:28 2.7 1 MAP I Felt It
    USGS Kettleman City, California Nov 11 01:10 2.6 2 MAP I Felt It
    USGS West Athens, California Nov 10 09:25 3.1 11 MAP I Felt It INFO
  • Compton - 4 seconds strong shake
  • Los Angeles - Strong shaking
  • Los Angeles - About 4 or 5 seconds minor shaking
  • Los Angeles - Strong shaking
  • Los Angeles - Light shaking
  • Los angeles - Moderate shaking
  • South Gate - You could hear it coming a second before it hit and then I jumped under the door frame. So about 2-3 seconds.
  • Lynwood - 20 seconds
  • gardena - Jolt for few second
  • South Gate - It was fast, no damage.
  • Los Angeles - Heard it and felt it
  • Los Angeles - Hamster cage almost fell. Brother awoke from it. Things rattled almost violently for a burst and then subsided after 5 secs.
  • South Gate - Shaken awake from earthquake,heard and felt the shaking of it for a short time.
  • Los Angeles ca - Strong shaking
  • Inglewood - It woke me up around 1:30 AM because it was moving my bed and furniture. I called my Fiancée and it woke her up too. She lives at El Segungo Blvd and just East of The I-405.
  • Hawthorne - Felt jolt, heard rumble, windows vibrates, thought it was truck, then apartment bldg shaking, long enough to think it was my truck or downstairs neighbor slamming doors, but continued a dead bldg rocked / swayed. About 5 seconds just listening. I was laying on my bed, my body rocked back and forth on the mattress. Just as I realized what it was and thought what\'s next, it stopped.
  • Inglewood - I woke up like at 1:30 am because I heard funiture shaking and bed moving
  • South Los Angeles - It was about 2-3 seconds long.
  • Norwalk - The earthquake lasted about 3sec. Wasn\'t sure if it was an earthquake or not. Intel I went on Twitter.
  • Torrance - BIG JOLT! Then rumble.....then shaking. Over in 5 seconds. No damage.
  • Hawthorne,CA - I heard/felt a loud thump thinking a truck had hit the house and about 3 seconds later I felt a hard jolt
  • Walnut park ca. - I felt a strong jolt as if someone kicked my bed.
  • Maywood - 2-3 seconds shake!
  • Los Angeles - Was woken up by a pull. Then realized what it was, and stayed still until it passed.
  • Inglewood - Light shaking
  • Los Angeles - Strong shake-jolt. Lasted maybe 4 seconds. I thought something hit the house. Felt like a big boom!!
  • Los Angeles - Felt like about 3 sec and like the end was like a big push
  • Compton, Ca - I felt a strong jolt and one to two seconds later there was another jolt with some shaking that was stronger and that lasted longer.
  • Los Angeles - 5 seconds/ no damage
  • LOS ANGELES - the earthquake woke me up, i felt it very strong it was shaking my furniture my bed a lot i thought it was going to be a big earhtqauke. i felt it for like 10 secs
  • Inglewood - Not sure how long it lasted as it woke me up in the middle of the night
  • Los Angeles - Weak shaking
  • inglewood - felt like a big jerk , woke me out out of my sleep and I heard the furniture moving.
  • Tijuana - Moderate shaking
  • Los Angeles - quick jolt, quit scary, walls cracked a bit
  • Los angeles - This is a 3.2 earthquake about 10 from our area. It was scary because we live on the ground floor of a 4 story building. This quake in los Angeles shocked our building with a big noise like a big canon ball had dropped. Very scary.
  • Los Angeles - I heard a rumbling loud noise then seconds after a very strong shake with a strong jolt it woke me up very abruptly unfortunately there is no information about the occurrence to view at that time @ 1:25 am in the morning for the public
  • Los Angeles 90062 - It was about 1:25 am on November 10th, 2017; first I heard a rumbling noise and within seconds a very strong jolt that jolted me in my bed unfortunately there\\\'s no information on the occurrence that had occurred to be viewed on the television for the public
  • Los Angeles - I felt my hose cracking and the noise woke me up, but it was short.
  • Inglewood - I heard a deep loud rumble, I was in bed but awake. I then felt 3 large jolts, enough to make my 8ft. Grandfather clocks chime bang...Century and Hawthorne, just East of LAX. A 1929 Cottage house, it jolted pretty good, but im sure its been thrt a LOT of quakes, be safe my friends, get your Emergency Earthquake Kits together!
  • USGS San Martin, California Nov 10 08:09 2.8 7 MAP I Felt It
    USGS Coalinga, California Nov 10 03:04 2.6 5 MAP I Felt It
    USGS Mammoth Lakes, California Nov 10 01:01 2.5 3 MAP I Felt It
    EMSC Southern California Nov 10 00:23 3.5 7 MAP I Felt It
  • Compton - My house shook briefly for about 3 seconds. Then it ended with a jolt.
  • USGS Ferndale, California Nov 09 15:58 3.0 27 MAP I Felt It
    USGS Willow Creek, California Nov 07 01:53 2.6 29 MAP I Felt It
    USGS San Simeon, California Nov 06 07:22 2.6 9 MAP I Felt It
    USGS Seeley, California Nov 06 03:53 2.5 10 MAP I Felt It
    USGS Bonny Doon, California Nov 05 09:02 2.5 7 MAP I Felt It
    USGS Dixon Lane-meadow Creek, California Nov 04 06:56 2.7 5 MAP I Felt It
    USGS Dixon Lane-meadow Creek, California Nov 03 23:29 3.0 5 MAP I Felt It
  • The Sea Ranch, California - Woke me from nap, couple seconds duration, no damage, no noise
  • USGS Dixon Lane-meadow Creek, California Nov 03 23:14 2.6 4 MAP I Felt It
    EMSC Central California Nov 03 23:12 3.4 6 MAP I Felt It
    USGS Dixon Lane-meadow Creek, California Nov 03 23:12 3.3 5 MAP I Felt It INFO
    USGS Dixon Lane-meadow Creek, California Nov 03 21:23 2.7 5 MAP I Felt It
    USGS Dixon Lane-meadow Creek, California Nov 03 21:22 2.7 5 MAP I Felt It
    EMSC Gulf Of California Nov 03 11:10 3.4 6 MAP I Felt It INFO
    USGS Dixon Lane-meadow Creek, California Nov 03 01:05 3.3 2 MAP I Felt It
    EMSC Baja California, Mexico Nov 03 00:18 3.2 15 MAP I Felt It INFO
    EMSC Central California Nov 02 17:58 3.2 4 MAP I Felt It INFO
  • San Diego - 5 seconds
  • La Mesa, USA - Only lasted 3 seconds but house shook.
  • San Diego, CA - 2-3 seconds, about 5 minute ago (I\\\\\\\'ve been scouting reports and only see a small one near Malibu 100+miles away a half hour ago).
  • Spring valley - Mu sliding glass doors shook for a minute
  • San Diego - Weak shaking
  • San Diego - Car moved and there was a very loud noise. Lasted about 35 seconds
  • San Diego - Very weak shaking
  • La Mesa - My son and I heard a really loud, long booming sound, like thunder but much louder, and our doors & windows shook in our house. It was today at 10:58 and it seemed to last 20-30 seconds. I felt a little dizzy afterwards.
  • SAN DIEGO - 2 seconds. Bang sound and living room Windows shuddered once.
  • La Mesa - Shake and BOOM
  • chula vista - Weak shaking
  • National city - Watching a movie and heard and saw the windows start shaking
  • San Diego - Moderate shaking ~5 seconds with loud noise
  • Lemon Grove - Light shaking
  • CHULA VISTA - Very short but noticeable. You could see the stick to move the blinds swaying.
  • Truckee - I live in Truckee, CA I felt one around 1:30 am. Shook my bed a cracked a support beam on the bed. Lasted a few seconds
  • San diego - Heard more of a boom sound
  • San diego - Like shake sounded like dogs running around but all of them were laying down
  • Lemon Grove,CA - The shaking lasted several seconds and I could hear the vibration of my windows!
  • CHULA VISTA - Light shaking, mostly loud rumbling...lasted just a few seconds (5-10). Happened just before 11a.m.
  • Chula vista - Weak shaking
  • Chula Vista - Closed double doors into bedroom rattled twice over 3 - 5 second period, with second time being stronger than the first. Doors visibly flexed horizontally.
  • Lemon Grove - No property damage but there was noteable shaking that lasted approximately 3-4 seconds. I could hear the windows shaking.
  • San Diego - Rattled the windows. Felt and sounded like a semi driving near our building
  • San Diego - We were just pulling into the dock with our company yacht and caught a pretty strong wake which rocked all of our boats and dock area quite a bit for atleast a good 20+ seconds. Folks on sidewalk said they felt a small shake and heard a loud muffled boom
  • Spring Valley - Loud boom and few seconds of shaking
  • Point Loma, San Diego - We felt it in our office building on 11/2/2017 at roughly 10:58AM. It was short and almost sound/felt like someone had dropped a large heavy item down the stairs. The building made noise, but didn\'t really shake much.
  • Chula Vista - Windows shook and so did ground. chandelier did not rattle which was weird. Lasted 3 seconds. Chula Vista area.
  • San Diego - In the morning of 11/02/17 I heard a rumble and felt shaking. Last about 3 secs. In Chula Vista In the afternoon of 11/02/17 around 2:45-3PM I heard a series of rumbles and felt shaking. The glass in the interior of drs office were shaking (3rd floor). Most everyone in the offfice felt the what we thought was an earthquake. Sounded & felt like a huge semi truck raced through the hallway.
  • USGS Bridgeport, California Nov 02 17:58 2.9 0 MAP I Felt It
    USGS Borrego Springs, California Oct 27 07:56 2.8 11 MAP I Felt It
    USGS The Geysers, California Oct 27 01:34 2.9 3 MAP I Felt It
    EMSC San Pedro Channel, California Oct 26 23:18 3.7 11 MAP I Felt It INFO
    EMSC Offshore Central California Oct 26 20:38 4.5 2 MAP I Felt It INFO
    GEOFON Southern California Oct 26 20:38 4.3 10 MAP I Felt It
    USGS San Martin, California Oct 26 18:40 3.4 7 MAP I Felt It INFO
  • Hayward - The shaking lasted like 10 seconds.
  • San Francisco - Weak shaking
  • Gilroy - Weak shaking
  • San Martin - Quick jolt lasting approx 3-4 seconds. No after shocks felt in the past 10 minutes.
  • EMSC Northern California Oct 26 18:40 3.4 8 MAP I Felt It
    USGS Carmel Valley Village, California Oct 26 09:36 2.8 13 MAP I Felt It
    USGS Mammoth Lakes, California Oct 25 09:15 2.8 10 MAP I Felt It
    USGS Mammoth Lakes, California Oct 25 09:14 2.6 5 MAP I Felt It
    USGS Avalon, California Oct 24 07:00 3.9 4 MAP I Felt It INFO
  • Long Beach - Very weak shaking
  • Laguna Niguel - Moderate shaking
  • Torrance - Quick jolt then trembling
  • Orange county - Very weak shaking
  • Marina del Rey - My dog started barking and pacing. I live on the 5th floor of a 6 floor apartment and felt it rolling slightly for a few seconds.
  • long beach - Very weak shaking
  • Signal Hill, CA - Weak shaking
  • Newport Coast - About 15 seconds, light shaking. No damage.
  • Long Beach - Very quick but lightly sharp shake
    USGS Isla Vista, California Oct 21 18:33 3.1 0 MAP I Felt It
    USGS Coalinga, California Oct 21 00:50 2.8 10 MAP I Felt It
    USGS Greenville, California Oct 20 15:02 2.6 5 MAP I Felt It
    USGS Northern California Oct 20 10:17 2.5 -1 MAP I Felt It
    USGS The Geysers, California Oct 19 18:11 2.6 1 MAP I Felt It
    USGS Mammoth Lakes, California Oct 19 16:02 2.9 1 MAP I Felt It INFO
  • Carmel - Woke up to light shaking around 4:30ish am on Thursday October 19.
  • USGS Greenfield, California Oct 19 14:12 2.5 7 MAP I Felt It
    USGS Greenfield, California Oct 19 11:45 3.5 7 MAP I Felt It INFO
    EMSC Central California Oct 19 11:45 3.5 8 MAP I Felt It
    EMSC Central California Oct 19 07:44 3.3 13 MAP I Felt It INFO
    USGS Mammoth Lakes, California Oct 19 07:44 3.0 4 MAP I Felt It
    USGS Bridgeport, California Oct 19 07:20 2.6 3 MAP I Felt It
    USGS Mammoth Lakes, California Oct 19 04:49 3.0 1 MAP I Felt It INFO
    USGS Cobb, California Oct 18 13:44 2.5 2 MAP I Felt It
    USGS The Geysers, California Oct 18 11:28 2.5 1 MAP I Felt It
    EMSC Southern California Oct 18 10:06 3.4 3 MAP I Felt It
  • Lakeside - I was in bed and couldn\\\'t sleep, and all of a sudden I felt a rumbling, so I sat up to see if it was an earthquake, and I was pretty sure that it was, so I looked at the clock and it said 5:05... I just got in bed for the night just now and remembered, so I looked up earthquakes today to see if it really was and found this.
  • San Diego - Very weak shaking
  • Lakeside - Pet cages moved was about 5 seconds long
  • Poway ca - no damage. quick and mild.poway is in san diego county.
  • Rancho Bernardo - Could feel windows shaking. Small no damage.
  • Ramona - I live on the second floor of an apartment building. It wasn\'t so much \"shaking\", as it was a couple \"jolts\". It felt like something hit the building, then approximately 2-4 seconds later it happened again a little harder and faded into a light vibration.
  • Lakeside - lasted about 5 seconds. No damage.
  • Ramona Ca - Awaken by EARTHQUAKE windows shaking, our dog barking it lasted several seconds PRAYERS & SAFETY FOR EVERYONE!!
  • besham - Strong shaking
  • Julian - Woke up easily from the house rattling for about 4 seconds
  • Mission Valley, San Diego - In originally from l.a. and have experienced a lot of earthquakes. This one was faint shaking and I thought it was a 3.0 and I just checked the news and there was a 3.55 near Julian
  • Escondido - Heard/felt preliminary jolt, then weak shake. Woke me up.
  • San Diego - The shaking woke me up, there was one bigger shake and a couple little ones after that larger one.
  • San Diego - The shaking woke me up, there was one larger shake and a few smaller ones after the bigger one. In total it probably lasted 2-4 seconds
  • San Diego - The shaking woke me up. There was one larger shake followed by a few smaller ones. It probably lasted 2-4 seconds.
  • Ramona, Ca - Very quick shake like someone ran into the house.
  • El Cajon - 0303 wed morning earthquake rumbled through. Rumbling lasted maybe 2 seconds. No damage
  • Julian - Two quakes rattled ( Moderate)my house . No damage
  • Hollywood, CA - Light shaking
  • Ramona, CA - Cat started yowling and I felt brief shaking about 20 seconds later at 3:03AM.
  • 4S Ranch - more of a jolt - over quickly, 1-2 seconds.
  • Santee, CA - Early Wednesday, 0300+/- 5 mins, slight shaking and deep rumble. Seemed like a foreshock, but nothing afterward. Good reminder to stock up on water, batteries, candles, etc.
  • San Diego - Weak shaking
  • Poway - I felt a quick jolt, almost like when a semi truck drives past. It woke my dog, but not my husband.
  • USGS Julian, California Oct 18 10:06 3.4 2 MAP I Felt It INFO
    EMSC Southern California Oct 15 13:20 3.2 16 MAP I Felt It INFO
  • Carlsbad - Woke up to vibratioons and nausia. No damage that i am aware of
  • USGS Lake Nacimiento, California Oct 14 10:41 2.5 8 MAP I Felt It
    USGS Yosemite Valley, California Oct 14 05:58 2.5 2 MAP I Felt It
    USGS Dixon Lane-meadow Creek, California Oct 14 02:55 2.8 9 MAP I Felt It
    USGS Redwood Valley, California Oct 13 23:10 3.9 1 MAP I Felt It INFO
  • WILLITS - Was just dozing off felt like something hit the the house loud jolt. Thought I dreamt it...
  • Ukiah - 5 seconds, 2 jolts
  • EMSC Northern California Oct 13 23:10 3.9 1 MAP I Felt It
    USGS Gilroy, California Oct 13 11:32 2.5 5 MAP I Felt It
    USGS Gilroy, California Oct 13 11:13 2.9 6 MAP I Felt It INFO
  • san josé california - i’m feel like 4 to 5. i was scare because my kids are sleeping
  • Aptos - Two quick, rolling waves\' @ around 4:12 a.m.
  • Gilroy California - About 5 seconds long & it was a good little shake woke me out of my sleep
  • Watsonville - Woke me up; lasted 6 or 7 seconds.
  • Gilroy - Shook enough to wake me. Didn\'t last very long. I suspected quake but went back to sleep. Did not feel the one that followed about 20 minutes later.
  • Gilroy, CA - I just happened to be awake. Quick jolt. Sounded like a truck hit house. Shook for 3-4 seconds.
  • USGS Livermore, California Oct 13 02:13 2.7 6 MAP I Felt It
    USGS The Geysers, California Oct 12 18:26 2.5 3 MAP I Felt It
    USGS Ferndale, California Oct 12 15:17 3.0 17 MAP I Felt It INFO
    USGS Ferndale, California Oct 12 15:17 2.9 10 MAP I Felt It
    USGS Coalinga, California Oct 11 15:16 2.5 4 MAP I Felt It
    USGS Brawley, California Oct 10 21:28 3.1 11 MAP I Felt It INFO
    USGS Aguanga, California Oct 10 13:01 2.5 5 MAP I Felt It
    USGS Central California Oct 10 06:43 2.7 2 MAP I Felt It
    USGS Kenwood, California Oct 10 03:16 2.9 5 MAP I Felt It
  • Rohnert Park - I was sitting at my computer and I felt the ground under me sort of shake. very light
  • Monterey - Slight shifting in a parking lot
  • USGS Portola, California Oct 10 02:32 2.5 -1 MAP I Felt It
    USGS Alum Rock, California Oct 10 00:53 4.1 9 MAP I Felt It
  • Santa Barbara, CA - 20 seconds, no damage.
  • Santa Barbara - it was around 530 am and the windows of our 2nd floor apartment were shaking for about 30 seconds
  • San Jose - Very weak shaking
  • San Mateo - Weak shaking
  • San Jose, CA - Very weak shaking
  • Santa Cruz - Weak shaking
  • Gilroy - Light shaking
  • Santa Cruz - My desk shook for two seconds.
  • San Mateo - 10 sec no damage
  • South San Francisco - 5:53 PM, a few seconds
  • San Jose - 3 seconds
  • Santa Cruz - 3-4 seconds
  • San Jose - a strong single shake moving left to right
  • San Francisco - Felt it a little; checked to see if my plants were swaying-- they were. Probably not very close to epicenter. Or it was shallow.
  • Santa Cruz - Light shaking
  • Morgan Hill, CA - lasted 20 seconds. audible with vibration... no damage and nothing falling
  • Cupertino - Weak shaking
  • San Francisco - Moderate shaking
  • San Jose - Lasted for about a second
  • Felton - house shook for a few seconds
  • Santa Cruz - Light shaking
  • San Jose - Light shaking
  • Ben Lomond - Our whole house shook intermittently for about 10 sec
  • Morgan Hill - Weak shaking
  • Newark, ca - On the couch in the living room. Felt a jolt. Just one sharp jolt.
  • SANTA CRUZ - Light shaking
  • Monterey - Close to 6PM. Shaking in contrast to rolling, side to side, or up and down. Duration about 40 seconds, second wave about 10 seconds.
  • Santa Cruz - weak shaking/jolt this evening
  • Menifee - 3:09 a.m. Oct. 9 mild tremor lasting for approximately ten seconds. I felt the bed vibrating that I was sitting on. It woke my daughter up. No rattling, no damage.
  • EMSC Northern California Oct 10 00:53 4.1 8 MAP I Felt It INFO
    USGS Ridgemark, California Oct 09 15:23 2.7 3 MAP I Felt It
    USGS Mammoth Lakes, California Oct 09 14:09 2.5 1 MAP I Felt It
    USGS Rio Dell, California Oct 09 09:10 3.2 17 MAP I Felt It
  • Aptos - 2 seconds
  • Fremont - I felt shaking while sitting on couch.
  • EMSC Northern California Oct 09 09:10 3.2 17 MAP I Felt It INFO
    USGS Soledad, California Oct 09 06:46 2.8 3 MAP I Felt It
    USGS Soledad, California Oct 09 06:45 2.9 3 MAP I Felt It
    USGS Loma Linda, California Oct 09 06:39 3.0 18 MAP I Felt It INFO
    USGS Mammoth Lakes, California Oct 08 22:45 2.9 10 MAP I Felt It
    USGS Soledad, California Oct 08 10:11 2.5 5 MAP I Felt It
    USGS Rio Dell, California Oct 08 04:26 2.5 9 MAP I Felt It
    USGS San Juan Bautista, California Oct 08 01:40 2.9 5 MAP I Felt It
    USGS Soledad, California Oct 07 17:27 2.6 7 MAP I Felt It
    USGS Westhaven-moonstone, California Oct 06 02:31 3.0 7 MAP I Felt It
    USGS Mammoth Lakes, California Oct 05 23:07 2.8 6 MAP I Felt It
    EMSC Gulf Of California Oct 05 20:11 4.1 9 MAP I Felt It INFO
    USGS Ferndale, California Oct 05 20:02 3.1 11 MAP I Felt It INFO

In depth articles on California earthquakes written by Earthquake-Report.com before 2011
    - Heavy Aftershock in Baja California and the USA – Mexico border region (September 14, 2010)

Have you felt an earthquake ? Tell us

Comments

1. Large earthquakes are very scary to experience! I experienced the Loma Prieta Earthquake back in 1989, 6.9 magnatude. I believe the best thing to do is to be prepared BEFORE an earthquake strikes. This means not only stocking up on the proper supplies, but knowing what to do before, during and after an earthquake strikes!