Strong earthquake near Los Angeles (La Habra, Brea, Fullerton, La Mirada) + strong aftershock

Last update: March 30, 2014 at 6:53 am by By

New aftershocks will be added instantly! + Page refresh every 30 minutes + Keep page open in a browser tab.
Other people who contributed to this article : our many readers, Jens Skapski and Carlos Robles

Are you one of the people who felt the shaking of this earthquake ? If yes, please fill in the form below by clicking on the  "I Felt It" button of "I Felt A (not Listed) Earthquake" on top of the list. Thank you.

Update 21:50 UTC : Strong M4.1 Magnitude aftershock

Screen Shot 2014-03-29 at 22.48.35

Update 17:16UTC : 20 units in an apartment complex and 3 homes have been red tagged in Fullerton (means people cannot live there anymore for hopefully only a short time), at least 84 people have been displaced.

Update 06:33 UTC : 40+ aftershock so far (most of them could be hardly felt)
The earthquake was felt in 7 counties, including parts of San Diego

Update 06:28 UTC : Hours before, a 3.6-magnitude tremor hit the same spot, according to the USGS.
Friday's quake was stronger and shook longer. Twenty years ago, a 6.7-magnitude killed 57 people in the greater Los Angeles area and caused $42 billion in damage. Source KCCI

Screen Shot 2014-03-29 at 06.17.33

Update 06:24 UTC : New comments in our Facebook page
Nellie Hernandez-Peyton My sister lives on the borderline of La Habra/Whittier/La Mirada and her neighbors chimney came down.
Karen Mahan It was really strong. Friends lost power, stuff off shelves and one injury known. Yorba Linda/Anaheim Hills
Alex Franco I am on the brea / la habra border and it knocked everything off my walls and almost made me fall

Update 06:16 UTC : You can follow the aftershocks on the ABC seismograph here

Update 06:14 UTC : Red Cross opens shelter in La Habra Community Center for those impacted

Update 05:52 UTC : Carbon canyon closed between Valencia and county line. One minor injury in a car accident caused by a rockfall triggered by the earthquake

Update 05:41 UTC : New reports are telling us that about 2000 people are currently without power

Twitter picture - Click on the image for the original tweet

Update 05:39 UTC : There have been various reports of water main and gas main leaks possibly caused by the quake in La Habra, Fullerton and La Mirada. There have also been some scattered but limited power outages.

Update 05:34 UTC : At a home in San Dimas, dozens of pictures flew off walls, a ladder fell and dented a car in garage and medicine cabinets flew open and emptied out. Our opinion : This family was NOT prepared enough. In earthquake areas all hanging and standing objects should be well fixed!
This is a major event but is not a a very strong earthquake, in our terms only a moderate earthquake, so please fix heavy objects in the houses and know what to fo when it happens.

Update 05:25 UTC : Epicenter was on Sonora High school area
More GOOD NEWS: Los Angeles Metro says all rail service has resumed normal operations

Update 05:21 UTC : A lot of material damage but luckily nothing structural
- People will sleep on cars and leave the city because of the continuous earthquakes (aftershocks)

Update 05:13 UTC : The Los Angeles Police and Fire Departments have conducted an assessment and report no damage in the City. It looks to be a lucky escape as no serious damage or injuries have been reported yet.

Update 05:09 UTC : quake located on the Puente Hills fault.

Update 05:01 UTC : Residents in La Habra, near the epicenter, have sent out pictures on social media showing broken vases, topped furniture and items scattered around their homes. No structural damage has been reported so far. Disneyland has closed some rides, according to guests. Some said they were stuck on rides.
The Los Angeles Fire Department said there have been no reports of significant damage in Los Angeles.
Power was out in some neighborhoods near the epicenter. There are no reported injures.

Twitter image courtesy and copyright @Ricksforza

Update 04:58 UTC : Track and equipment inspection on all Metro Rail lines due to earlier earthquake is complete. No damage or injuries reported.

Update 04:50 UTC : People are feeling continuous aftershocks in the epicenter area
- Los Angeles County Fire receives reports of gas leaks, minor damage.
- Water main break reported in Fullerton area.

Update 04:48 UTC : Reports of water main break in La Mirada and power down in some places.
Earthquake caused rockslide in Carbon Canyon. Carbon Cyn closed.
LAPD has 3 choppers up, no significant damage seen.
No major structural damage in fire stations.

Update 04:40 UTC : Many moderate aftershocks
The initial Magnitude was downgraded from M5.6 to M5.1 which has a lot less risk than the first one. MMI VII reported as highest intensity

Screen Shot 2014-03-29 at 05.44.01 Screen Shot 2014-03-29 at 05.44.14

Screen Shot 2014-03-29 at 05.30.18

Update : Many Disneyland guests have said on social media that rides have been stopped as a precaution. The park is south of the epicenter.
Update : Residents in Orange County reported the quake lasted for about 10 seconds. They said they felt gradual shaking.

2km (1mi) E of La Habra, California
2km (1mi) WNW of Brea, California
5km (3mi) SSW of Rowland Heights, California
6km (4mi) N of Fullerton, California
544km (338mi) W of Phoenix, Arizona

Label info : M = magnitude, D = depth (km), Time = UTC - Click here for the Time Zone world map.
Click here for examples of our "earthquake notifications (button below)"

USGS Rancho Cucamonga, California May 24 02:28 3.5 10 MAP I Felt It
EMSC Greater Los Angeles Area, Calif. Mar 02 11:16 2.1 6 MAP I Felt It
EMSC Greater Los Angeles Area, Calif. Feb 23 04:23 2.3 6 MAP I Felt It
EMSC Greater Los Angeles Area, Calif. Feb 21 09:57 2.4 4 MAP I Felt It
EMSC Southern California Feb 17 20:30 2.3 4 MAP I Felt It
USGS Nuevo, California Feb 14 09:01 3.5 13 MAP I Felt It INFO
  • Hemet - Shaking enough to be woken up in Hemet Ca
  • La Quinta - It happened about 1:05 AM on 2-14-16, as I was writing on Facebook. Just a small rumbling, shaking the west windows slightly.
  • moreno valley - No damage slow rolling followed by large jolt.
  • Menifee - Felt like someone slammed the front door hard about 2 seconds apart.
  • Mrnifee, California - More of a jolt than shaking
  • Riverside - Just felt a rumbling for 5 sec.
  • Menifee, CA - "Boom" sound, then shaking/rumbling, then a 2nd shaking right after first.
  • Mead Valley - it was quick shook the house but nothing major
  • Perris - One big jolt
  • Corona, CA - Felt a jolting sway, weak to light indoors, no damage.
  • perris ca - Loud and shook me awake
  • Wildomar - More of a jolt loud
  • Corona, CA - Weak to Light shaking,swaying but no damage.
  • Lake Elsinore - Woke me up a little after 1 a.m. shaking seemed to last a while..longer than the typical quick jolt type quake. No damage. At first I wasn't sure if it was an earthquake.
  • menifee ca - damm I thought I was just on a good one lol but I felt that shit fucking scared me I dropped my pipe lol just packed it to lol lol
  • Nuevo - Woke me up. A rumbling noise. Slight shaking.
  • Lake Elsinore - I was awake upstairs around 1am...heard it rumbling before I felt the jolt like Shaking.
  • Wildomar - Quick jolt, no more than 3secs. I was upstairs when I felt it.
  • Sun City - About 1am felt & heard big JOLT! No rolling or shaking at all. Didn't wake my house guest. Just a big JOLT & creaking then over.
  • Perris, CA - I heard it first then felt a jolt.
  • Canyon Lake - Felt it coming up the street for 10 to 15 seconds Then hard shaking for 10 seconds
  • Eucha - Heard my kitchen dishes sound like they were vibrating...
  • Martins Creek, - I am sitting on a concrete slab here and felt the floor moving. Have previously experienced 4.0 and 4.2 earthquakes in past. This one lasted maybe 5 seconds or so. Below 2.0?
  • Long beach - Very small tremors
    EMSC Greater Los Angeles Area, Calif. Jan 26 14:15 2.3 14 MAP I Felt It
    EMSC Greater Los Angeles Area, Calif. Jan 25 14:31 2.3 8 MAP I Felt It
    EMSC San Pedro Channel, California Jan 15 14:01 2.3 4 MAP I Felt It
    USGS Rowland Heights, California Jan 11 03:13 3.0 3 MAP I Felt It INFO
  • Brea - chair shook and popping heard in apartment
  • EMSC Greater Los Angeles Area, Calif. Jan 11 03:13 3.1 3 MAP I Felt It
  • Whittier - Boom sound and felt jolt and slight shaking.
  • EMSC Greater Los Angeles Area, Calif. Jan 07 05:24 2.3 14 MAP I Felt It
  • Apple Valley - felt it
  • USGS Devore, California Dec 30 01:54 2.5 7 MAP I Felt It
    USGS Devore, California Dec 30 01:53 3.8 8 MAP I Felt It
    EMSC Greater Los Angeles Area, Calif. Dec 30 01:53 3.8 6 MAP I Felt It
    EMSC Greater Los Angeles Area, Calif. Dec 30 01:51 2.4 2 MAP I Felt It
    WCATWC 55 Miles Sw Of Barstow California Dec 30 01:49 4.7 4 MAP I Felt It INFO
  • Riverside - No damage, a jolting few seconds of shaking.
  • USGS Devore, California Dec 30 01:48 4.4 6 MAP I Felt It
    EMSC Greater Los Angeles Area, Calif. Dec 30 01:48 4.4 7 MAP I Felt It
    EMSC Southern California Dec 28 05:00 2.4 4 MAP I Felt It
    EMSC Greater Los Angeles Area, Calif. Dec 24 10:32 2.6 8 MAP I Felt It
    USGS Anaheim, California Dec 24 10:32 2.6 7 MAP I Felt It
    EMSC Southern California Dec 24 01:11 2.3 5 MAP I Felt It
    USGS Newport Beach, California Dec 23 17:45 3.0 9 MAP I Felt It
    EMSC Greater Los Angeles Area, Calif. Dec 23 17:45 2.9 8 MAP I Felt It
    EMSC Greater Los Angeles Area, Calif. Dec 20 23:29 2.4 8 MAP I Felt It
    USGS Newport Beach, California Dec 20 23:22 3.4 9 MAP I Felt It
  • Huntington Beach, CA - A quick small little jolt nothing more
  • Santa Ana - it happened for a quick two seconds
  • Irvine - One big shake then done.
  • Orange County - About 3:25 pm I felt slight moving then a strong jolt that lasted about 15-20 seconds. About 20 minutes later I felt an aftershock. Very short and small
  • Fountain Valley - First a loud boom, then shaking for a few seconds, then felt the ground rolling for a few more seconds. Very quick. No damage here.
  • Garden Grove - 2 second jolt, very obvious but not strong
  • Santa Ana - No damage just shaking and glass doors shaking.
  • Tustin - one large thump.
  • Costa Mesa, CA - NO damage.. rattled windows, and the household felt it ... more of a thump than a shaking ... felt like about a 2 and was comparable to the same feeling for the one a few days ago. This is all residential and no damage occurred outside or around us. Prior to the quake the area got very quiet among the neighborhood dogs and birds. They always sense it ahead of time.
  • EMSC Greater Los Angeles Area, Calif. Dec 20 23:22 3.1 7 MAP I Felt It INFO
    EMSC Greater Los Angeles Area, Calif. Nov 19 06:52 2.5 11 MAP I Felt It
    USGS Devore, California Nov 18 04:41 3.4 10 MAP I Felt It INFO
    USGS Devore, California Nov 18 04:41 2.6 8 MAP I Felt It
    EMSC Greater Los Angeles Area, Calif. Nov 18 04:41 2.4 1 MAP I Felt It
    USGS Fontana, California Nov 13 11:32 3.0 11 MAP I Felt It
    EMSC Greater Los Angeles Area, Calif. Nov 13 11:32 3.0 12 MAP I Felt It INFO
  • Los Angeles - One solid shake of the building.
  • EMSC Greater Los Angeles Area, Calif. Nov 05 01:54 2.3 4 MAP I Felt It
    USGS Malibu Beach, California Oct 25 11:05 3.3 10 MAP I Felt It INFO
    EMSC Greater Los Angeles Area, Calif. Oct 25 11:05 3.3 10 MAP I Felt It
  • Thousand Oaks, CA - Felt shaking for about 5 seconds total but it was strongest for only 1.5 seconds or so
  • Malibu - Awoke me and the dog suddenly, with a two pulse jolt.
  • Monte nido - Sharp jolt
  • Thousand oaks - Small jolt for a second
  • Malibu - Significant but short shake
  • Woodland hills - .
  • Westlake Village - I felt apt shake for 4 seconds. Major jolt within the first 1 second.
  • Camarillo - Awoke with a Short jolt
  • Agoura - Just a quick hard jolt... enuf to wake me!
  • thousand oaks - Just felt something in the wardrobe fell down....like a shirt from a hanger.....while i was asleep.... So the time it took for the shirt to fall from the hanger to the ground can be measured from the gravitational force and mass of objects involved in the fall the time is apprx... 1.672 second
  • Malibu - Work me up!
  • Agoura Hills - I was wakend by the noice, followed by a strong jolt. It was then over, just a few seconds in all.
  • Malibu - Sharp, but short
  • Newbury Park - I felt a sharp jolt too. Thought the cat jumped on the bed but entertainment center creeked too.
  • Thousand Oaks - Loud boom sound followed by brief a jolt. Only lasted a few seconds but woke me up!
  • Agoura Hills - Woke up to the bed shaking and our dresser banging against the wall. Was unmistakable, but didn't break the mirror on the dresser. Lasted about 5 seconds. Haven't walked around the house yet, but I don't think there is any damage.
  • Camarillo - Woke to shaking for about 3 seconds and heard light rumbling/rattling. Suspected about 2.7-2.8.
  • Calabasas - It woke me up
  • Malibu - Felt it enough that it woke me up.
  • Marina Del Rey - Few seconds, and yes, it woke me up.
  • Hidden Hills - It woke me up while I was sleeping. It was a sharp jolt and over quickly.
  • Oak Park - A very quick, sharp jolt that shook the windows. Only lasted about 1-2 seconds.
  • Los Angeles - just felt the after shock at 3:41pm. May have been others previously that I didn't notice Very very slight, practically unnoticeable, the slightest of a tremor--but it was a tremor.
  • Westlake Village - Sharp jolt. Books fell off bookshelf. Woke us up.
  • Malibu CA - A very strong jolt and loud noise woke me up. I knew it was an earthquake. No damage.
  • Martinez - It was just one big shake and then it stopped, but it woke me up
  • Sherman Oaks - Woke me up.
  • EMSC Southern California Oct 22 18:08 2.4 10 MAP I Felt It
    USGS Marina Del Rey, California Sep 05 04:55 2.7 9 MAP I Felt It
    EMSC Greater Los Angeles Area, Calif. Sep 05 04:55 2.7 9 MAP I Felt It
    EMSC Greater Los Angeles Area, Calif. Aug 31 16:07 2.3 14 MAP I Felt It
    USGS Compton, California Aug 31 16:05 2.9 13 MAP I Felt It INFO
  • Lynwood - The whole building shook once and thats it
  • Compton - No Damage
  • San Diego - Looked like Mt. Helix was a little lower than usual.
  • EMSC Greater Los Angeles Area, Calif. Aug 31 16:05 2.9 14 MAP I Felt It
    EMSC Greater Los Angeles Area, Calif. Aug 13 05:54 2.3 5 MAP I Felt It
    EMSC San Pedro Channel, California Aug 04 18:01 2.3 1 MAP I Felt It
    EMSC San Pedro Channel, California Aug 04 16:58 2.3 0 MAP I Felt It
    USGS Fontana, California Jul 25 12:54 4.2 5 MAP I Felt It INFO
  • LA - Not sure, just felt a shake
  • Riverside - rolling ground and shaking windows
  • Orange County - Quick jolt
  • Yorba Linda ca - No damage. Sharp jolt.
  • fontana california - Floor jolted up 2-3 time. Loud Thumping sound
  • Chino hills - Rolling light originated east of our position
  • Riverside - longer sustained shaking
  • Jurupa Valley, CA - about 5:55am huge booming sound heavy strong shaking dogs barking elderly mother woke from deep sleep I was already awake, after shaking died down, still felt a rolling sensation for several seconds
  • Anaheim, California - Just the bed shaking a little bit.
  • Tustin - I woke up by a jolt. My computer from sleep mode turned on. It was just one jolt. There were no additional shakes that I felt.
  • Fontana - Strong enough to wake us up, but not strong enough for any damage
  • Montclair Ca - Very short light shaking. Heard the sound of walls lightly shaking.
  • Rialto - I felt strong shaking no damage at all just a really strong shake frightened a little but okay
  • San Bernardino - Woke up a while ago but still chillin' on my bed. All of a sudden 4 seconds of earthquake came rumbling by. No damage done because it didn't shake hard enough.
  • Fontana - no property damage books fell off shelf
  • San Bernardino - Woke me up
  • Fontana - Strong jolt. Woke me up and I sleep through everything. No damage to report.
  • victorville ca. - felt a very quick shake about 6am
  • San Bernardino - Lasted about 4 to 5 seconds.
  • Glendale ca - No damage but could hear the house cracking and fish tank cracking noise
  • Chino - Upstairs. Windows shaking. House built to move with earthquake. Felt long and strong.
  • Fullerton, Ca - I was sleeping and then all of the sudden, I felt a slight shaking, I live in a second story apartment and the whole room shook and I got up almost instantly and got under my door frame. The shaking was mild and only lasted like 4 seconds, it wasn't as strong as other times in the past, but trust me, we felt it over here.
  • Riverside, CALIFORNIA - im on the 2nd floor.had just gotten up and felt it quick , light but definetely saw the walls shaking.
  • Fontana - No damage caused by this morning's tremors. It was loud and Woke up everyone sleeping in the two story home. Scared furry felines in home as well. Glad no damage to the home and family.
  • Murrieta - Side to side shaking as I was waking up.
  • huntington beach - mild
  • Colton california - In 2nd story apt bldg. Shaking and building rocking enough to wake me up. No damage or an thing falling, though.
  • Rancho Cucamonga - Sharp sharp jerk, followed by waves that seemed to last minutes
  • Montclair - I was just waking and felt the shaking. It was moderate.
  • Los Angeles - My lamp and sliding mirror closet doors started shaking very lightly. Heard the shaking. Woke up but didn't feel the shaking.
  • RIVERSIDE - LIGHT RUMBLE LASTING 4 + SECONDS SOUNDED LIKE ROCK CRACKING TRAVELING NORTH TO SOUTH
  • Fontana - quite a good shake
  • North Fontana Ca - Felt like sky fallen and new bed sheet fell down from table
  • Riverside, CA - Woke me up from a dead sleep!
  • Rancho Cucamonga - No damage to the house, but it woke me up. Bed was shaking and sounded like a plane was rolling through. Lasted 3-4 seconds. Whole house was rumbling
  • Arcadia, CA - No damage. Was on third floor, felt side to side motion north to south, then a pause for a few seconds then another side to side motion north to south.
  • Rancho Cucamonga - Addition to Rancho area: we just found a few deep cracks in the columns that support our patio and to the concrete outside
  • Rialto/Bloomington - Strong Jolt. Woke me up and waited for a second if there would be more movement and then there was none so I went back to sleep.
  • EMSC Greater Los Angeles Area, Calif. Jul 25 12:54 4.2 6 MAP I Felt It
    WCATWC 65 Miles Sw Of Barstow California Jul 25 12:54 4.2 6 MAP I Felt It
    USGS Palos Verdes Estates, California Jul 21 01:52 2.8 10 MAP I Felt It
    EMSC Santa Monica Bay, California Jul 21 01:52 2.8 10 MAP I Felt It
    USGS Muscoy, California Jul 14 19:18 2.8 13 MAP I Felt It
    EMSC Greater Los Angeles Area, Calif. Jul 14 19:18 2.9 12 MAP I Felt It
    EMSC Southern California Jun 25 12:38 2.3 15 MAP I Felt It
    EMSC Greater Los Angeles Area, Calif. Jun 22 21:49 2.5 4 MAP I Felt It
    EMSC Greater Los Angeles Area, Calif. Jun 19 00:18 2.3 9 MAP I Felt It
    EMSC Greater Los Angeles Area, Calif. Jun 18 12:56 2.5 3 MAP I Felt It
    USGS Carson, California Jun 16 06:48 2.7 12 MAP I Felt It
    EMSC Greater Los Angeles Area, Calif. Jun 16 06:48 2.7 12 MAP I Felt It
    EMSC Southern California Jun 11 22:16 2.3 5 MAP I Felt It
    USGS Gardena, California Jun 07 04:54 3.4 12 MAP I Felt It INFO
  • LOS ANGELES - Light but noticed shaking. Dogs barking, pictures shook.
  • Los Angeles - Downtown LA felt minor quake
  • Los Angeles - rolling earthquake
  • Playa del rey, Ca - Slight up and down movement. Could hear building move
  • EMSC Greater Los Angeles Area, Calif. Jun 07 04:54 3.4 12 MAP I Felt It
    USGS Simi Valley, California Jun 03 05:14 2.7 11 MAP I Felt It
    EMSC Greater Los Angeles Area, Calif. Jun 03 05:14 2.7 11 MAP I Felt It
    USGS View Park-windsor Hills, California May 23 17:06 3.1 11 MAP I Felt It INFO
    EMSC Greater Los Angeles Area, Calif. May 23 17:06 3.1 12 MAP I Felt It
    USGS Malibu, California May 18 03:27 2.7 11 MAP I Felt It
    EMSC Santa Monica Bay, California May 18 03:27 2.7 12 MAP I Felt It
    USGS Corona, California May 06 16:11 3.1 6 MAP I Felt It INFO
  • Corona - I felt a quick jolt and heard the house shake for a few seconds. No damage happened.
  • EMSC Greater Los Angeles Area, Calif. May 06 16:11 3.0 3 MAP I Felt It INFO
  • Valley Village - Light shaking - no damage
  • USGS View Park-windsor Hills, California May 03 11:07 3.8 11 MAP I Felt It INFO
  • Los Angeles - No damage. Just felt uncomfortable. Don't know if i'd have felt it if i had been asleep.
  • California - No damage.
  • Torrance - No damage, was about 4:10am, I think it woke me up. My dog started barking and the windows and wall shook once. Only lasted a second or two.
  • California - no damage was caused but I supposed it was my dog on my bed scratching himself till I noticed my dog doesn't even sleep with me.
  • Lakewood - Some gentle shaking from east-west, enough to rattle furniture and wake us up. It lasted for about 10 seconds.
  • Long Beach, California - We were woken up from our sleep after feeling some shaking and rattling of windows. We have a townhouse and bedrooms are all upstairs. Scary feeling to wake up to.
  • Hawthorne, CA - Felt like a wave traversed the entire house and ground making it shake for about 5 seconds, the ground moved enough to make me want to get out of my room
  • Los Angeles - Woke up from the rumble of the house- no damage.
  • los Angeles - The bed was shaking along with the frames on the walls. The the rattling coming from the frames and the movement of the earthquake was enough to wake me up from my sleep.
  • Los Angeles - Around 4:10 am woke up to shaking. Neighborhood dogs were barking and my dog was pacing.
  • West Los Angeles - We were woken up by a tremor. Just one thing felt off on the floor but heart racing to wake up like that.
  • Los Angeles - on the second story apartment the windows rumbling loudly first slight shake there after that made me jump up, I had just dozed off!
  • cudahy, ca - I was up listening to music when i felt soda move n windows started to shake. It was a pretty strong shake i got scared. To me it felt much stronger than 3.9.
  • Los Angeles - Lokale tijd ongeveer 4:05. In het Hilton hotel op de airportLAX. En werden wakker door een geluid (leek op onweer) en het bed schudde heen en weer.
  • Santa Monica - Very faint but rapid tremors for about 5 seconds, then hearing car alarms go off in the neighborhood.
  • Beverly Hills - No damage. Strong shaking and rumble for 1-2 seconds
  • Lawndale - Building felt as though it were rocking back and forth. Pictures fell but no damage.
  • Torrance - Scared me awake at about 4:05. Only lasted a few seconds.
  • Los Angeles - felt my bed shaking in my sleep, thought it was a dream.
  • Inglewood - I had woke up dreaming, suddenly a distinction facing northern,quickly rumbles but, sends an eastwest rocking for at least 4 seconds.
  • Hawthorne, CA - It was like a very strong but extremely short shaking.
  • Culver City - Jarred my bed up and down and woke me up (I'm usually a pretty heavy sleeper). A little unnerving!
  • Hawthorne CA - enough shaking to wake me up
  • near Downtown LA - Was about ready to tell my sister and her friend to get up n get the dogs,get shoes and awaken my mom !
  • Inglewood - I was in bed and it felt like something big hit my apartment building. It was startling. Then the windows rattled and the building shook for awhile.
  • Echo Park - No damage. Rumbling, painting rattled on the wall. Lots of barking dogs.
  • Santa Monica - Woke me from my dreams.
  • EMSC Greater Los Angeles Area, Calif. May 03 11:07 3.9 10 MAP I Felt It
  • Torrance - Moving
  • USGS Carson, California Apr 30 14:01 3.4 14 MAP I Felt It INFO
  • Gardena - Woke up to a jolt. Not very long.
  • Compton - no damage but it awoken me from my sleep
  • Lakewood - I woke up at 7am from a quick jolt
  • South Gate, CA - No damage
  • Long Beach - I was still in bed and woke up with the house shaking lightly. I looked at my phone and the time was 7:02a. I wasn't sure if it was a dream, so I texted my husband, he checked online and confirmed it. Nothing got damaged in the house.
  • Carson - jolt no damage
  • Torrance - No damage on Artesia, thought the upstairs neighbor fell out of bed and rattled the windows and connecting wall. Turns out it was a quake!
  • Torrance - no damage. It was just shake. lasted one second.
  • Torrance - Standing outside so my dog could go potty, I felt a wave roll under my feet, a construction dumpster across the street rattled, a few neighborhood dogs barked briefly and then it was over. My dog, trotting across the yard didn't appear to notice.
  • EMSC Greater Los Angeles Area, Calif. Apr 30 14:01 3.4 15 MAP I Felt It
    EMSC Southern California Apr 14 16:33 2.4 12 MAP I Felt It
    USGS View Park-windsor Hills, California Apr 13 04:17 3.3 11 MAP I Felt It INFO
    EMSC Greater Los Angeles Area, Calif. Apr 13 04:17 3.3 12 MAP I Felt It
    USGS Baldwin Hills, California Apr 12 23:35 2.6 6 MAP I Felt It
    EMSC Greater Los Angeles Area, Calif. Apr 12 23:35 2.9 10 MAP I Felt It
  • Los Angeles - Felt like a large boom, a shockwave almost like something blew up.
  • Los Angeles - Felt like someone was running upstairs
  • Los angeles - It was strong, shook twice
  • Los Angeles - Light jolt. Then nothing. Decided to get outside. Nothing more at this point.
  • LA - its shaking for about 6 seconds
  • Beverly Hills - A small jerk came on bed and after couple seconds later I was rocking back and forth for ~3 seconds
  • USGS Loma Linda, California Mar 26 22:09 2.6 16 MAP I Felt It
    EMSC Greater Los Angeles Area, Calif. Mar 26 22:09 2.6 17 MAP I Felt It
    EMSC Channel Islands Reg., California Mar 18 12:37 2.3 13 MAP I Felt It
    EMSC Greater Los Angeles Area, Calif. Mar 05 14:16 2.3 11 MAP I Felt It
    EMSC Greater Los Angeles Area, Calif. Feb 24 18:02 2.5 10 MAP I Felt It
    EMSC Southern California Feb 09 06:20 2.3 12 MAP I Felt It
    EMSC Greater Los Angeles Area, Calif. Feb 01 16:32 2.5 17 MAP I Felt It
    USGS La Habra, California Jan 17 19:59 2.6 1 MAP I Felt It
    EMSC Greater Los Angeles Area, Calif. Jan 17 19:59 2.7 2 MAP I Felt It
    EMSC Greater Los Angeles Area, Calif. Jan 17 15:02 2.3 2 MAP I Felt It
    EMSC Greater Los Angeles Area, Calif. Jan 03 22:37 2.4 8 MAP I Felt It
    EMSC Southern California Dec 31 18:28 2.4 9 MAP I Felt It
    USGS San Pedro, California Dec 30 23:26 3.9 1 MAP I Felt It INFO
  • Torrance - nessun danno, scossa breve e lieve
  • Castaic - The walls quickly shook and the pictures rattled with the jolt.
  • EMSC San Pedro Channel, California Dec 30 23:26 3.9 3 MAP I Felt It
  • San Pedro - I felt a fairly strong short jolt. Plates in cupboards jumped a bit. Also my cat.
  • San Pedro - it was a quick jolt, no rolling
  • Long Beach - The 4th floor building I'm in may magnify it a bit, but it definitely shook things around a bit. (via emsc)
  • Los Angeles - Felt one quick, sudden, jolt. Not very strong...but it got my attention! (via emsc)
  • Torrance - A little shake rattle and roll in Torrance CA (via emsc)
  • Torrance - No damage was observed, but it was strong enough to be felt. Windows shuddered.
  • South Redondo Beach - One of the walls of the The building that i was in was shaking. As if a door was slammed however when it kept shaking for about 5 seconds i realized it was likely a quake.
  • WCATWC 90 Miles Nw Of San Diego California Dec 30 23:26 4.0 1 MAP I Felt It
    EMSC Greater Los Angeles Area, Calif. Nov 16 13:03 2.4 12 MAP I Felt It
    EMSC Greater Los Angeles Area, Calif. Nov 10 08:21 2.5 12 MAP I Felt It
    USGS Loma Linda, California Nov 08 03:35 2.6 16 MAP I Felt It
    EMSC Greater Los Angeles Area, Calif. Nov 08 03:35 2.6 17 MAP I Felt It
    USGS Loma Linda, California Nov 03 08:53 3.3 17 MAP I Felt It
    EMSC Greater Los Angeles Area, Calif. Nov 03 08:53 3.3 18 MAP I Felt It INFO
  • Redlands - Felt like someone heavy jumped in an old house -- brief, sudden, strong, then over. (via emsc)
  • Moreno Valley - Just felt as if there was a bump in a wave form. Lasted a second if that. (via emsc)
  • Riverside - Sleeping...jolt and woke me up. Scared the dogs. Didnt last long but was strange sounding...didnt sound like normal quake. Windows shook and house "jolted". (via emsc)
  • Jurupa Valley - This quake was preceded by a loud noise, then hit very hard. I am surprised it only registered 3.4, because I am from SF Bay Area and lived through 1989 quake (and many other quakes there); 'this quake felt like a 5 to me. (via emsc)
  • Yucaipa - Jolted me awake in my bed. Only lasted a couple of seconds but it shook the whole house.
  • Moreno Valley CA - Felt a sharp jolt and brief rumble, but only lasted a quick second. No aftershock or other motions felt. No damage
  • EMSC Greater Los Angeles Area, Calif. Oct 27 15:59 2.5 1 MAP I Felt It
    USGS Brea, California Oct 27 15:59 2.5 1 MAP I Felt It
    EMSC Greater Los Angeles Area, Calif. Oct 26 13:02 2.4 17 MAP I Felt It
    USGS Running Springs, California Oct 25 11:07 3.1 12 MAP I Felt It INFO
    EMSC Southern California Oct 25 11:07 3.1 13 MAP I Felt It
    EMSC Greater Los Angeles Area, Calif. Oct 25 10:29 2.3 12 MAP I Felt It
    EMSC Greater Los Angeles Area, Calif. Oct 23 22:35 2.9 4 MAP I Felt It
  • Brea - No damage. Just a "push" and that was it. No rolling motion.
  • USGS Brea, California Oct 23 22:35 2.9 4 MAP I Felt It
    USGS Oak Park, California Aug 19 06:26 2.5 11 MAP I Felt It
    EMSC Greater Los Angeles Area, Calif. Aug 19 06:26 2.5 11 MAP I Felt It
    EMSC Southern California Aug 18 18:44 2.3 11 MAP I Felt It
    USGS West Hills, California Aug 18 11:21 2.5 5 MAP I Felt It
    EMSC Greater Los Angeles Area, Calif. Aug 18 11:21 2.5 5 MAP I Felt It
    USGS Malibu Beach, California Aug 15 17:03 3.4 12 MAP I Felt It INFO
  • Malibu - Only one shake.
  • Manhattan Beach - Moderate but quick. Just a jolt.
  • Lancaster - Rattling
  • USGS Agoura, California Aug 09 13:10 2.7 2 MAP I Felt It
    USGS San Bernardino, California Aug 06 02:13 2.7 17 MAP I Felt It
    EMSC Greater Los Angeles Area, Calif. Aug 06 02:13 2.7 17 MAP I Felt It
    EMSC Southern California Aug 02 00:47 2.3 7 MAP I Felt It
  • Westminster, USA - no damage just noticed it like 10 minutes ago shook for 10 seconds.
  • USGS Rancho Palos Verdes, California Jul 31 23:28 2.5 0 MAP I Felt It
    EMSC San Pedro Channel, California Jul 31 23:28 2.4 4 MAP I Felt It
    EMSC Greater Los Angeles Area, Calif. Jul 31 18:01 2.4 8 MAP I Felt It
    USGS Manhattan Beach, California Jul 30 19:23 2.9 11 MAP I Felt It INFO
  • Marina del Rey - Felt earthquake in Marina del Rey at 12:23pm, my place started to shake slowly then got harder by the seconds. Thought it would stop but continued for maybe 5-10seconds. No damage just creaking and plants and computer shaking.
  • EMSC Santa Monica Bay, California Jul 30 19:23 2.9 11 MAP I Felt It
    EMSC Southern California Jul 07 08:51 3.0 9 MAP I Felt It
    EMSC Greater Los Angeles Area, Calif. Jul 07 01:35 2.3 8 MAP I Felt It
    EMSC Greater Los Angeles Area, Calif. Jul 06 22:49 2.3 8 MAP I Felt It
    EMSC Southern California Jul 05 17:08 2.4 8 MAP I Felt It
    USGS Big Bear Lake, California Jul 05 17:01 2.5 10 MAP I Felt It
    USGS Big Bear Lake, California Jul 05 17:00 3.4 6 MAP I Felt It INFO
  • San Diego, CA - was sitting on my couch and felt a brief series of 3 jolts like someone was moving the couch and wall behind me.
  • EMSC Southern California Jul 05 17:00 4.6 9 MAP I Felt It
  • Bermuda Dunes - Short sharp jolt!
  • Hesperia - none
  • Seal Beach - light shaking but long - would explain the two quakes back to back
  • Palm Desert - no damage
  • Big Bear Lake - Items rolled off shelves no damage
  • Yucaipa, CA - A big boom than a shake, scary
  • Banning, CA - Heard rattling...thought someone was breaking into the house....3-4 seconds of shaking..heard things "clang"...then shaking slowed to weak shaking...about 7-8 seconds, total.
  • La quinta, CA - More of a moderate roll.
  • loma Linda CA - It was a loud boom, just a second. My pets are freaking out. I thought someone slammed a door hard.
  • San Clemente - I felt that...all the way here in San Clemente, in Orange County. I'm on the second floor of a building, and it was shaking and swaying for a solid several seconds at around 10:03 a.m. on July 5, 2014.
  • Diamond Bar - House creaked but no damage
  • Big Bear city - No damage. Just a huge fast jolt close to the surface
  • San Bernardino - Lasted about a minute
  • palm Springs California - Felt a slow rolling motion, then it rattled the apartment a little more. Still feeling some movement after that
  • San Clemente - Sitting on couch drinking morning coffee just at or just before 10 a.m., felt light shaking/rolling...and it was exceedingly short lived - at most, a few seconds.
  • Palm Desert. CA - Moderate jolt and a little shaking after.
  • Redlands - Dead asleep; woke up to three good jolts.
  • Green Valley Lake - Strong shaking but not very long.
  • San Bernadino - Now I have the song Earthquake stuck in my head.....
  • Los Angeles - Slight shaking.
  • Chino Hills - Upstairs creaked. Light shaking felt.
  • Victorville - No damage, quick shake
  • Apple Valley, CA - Taking a piss and well...that was a rude awakening! OCCUR TIME : 10th HR 59th MINUTE 52nd SECOND.
  • Yucca Valley - But strong enough to get me out of bed. Shook the Windows a little. About 5 seconds.
  • Pinon Hills - Rolling motion, only lasted a couple seconds
  • Adelanto - Light shaking & no damage.
  • Big Bear Lake - It was a strong quick jolt. No damage noted.
  • Big Bear Lake - Just shaking...at the same time as a thunder strike!
  • Palm Desert - Prior to 10:30 this morning, I felt a shaking for a few seconds out here in the desert
  • Lucerne valley - No damage, but 2-3 seconds of light-moderate shaking and noise.
  • Palm Springs - First heard loud bang followed by strong shake. Lasted no more than 3 seconds.
  • Van Nuys - No damage. Lots of glass shaking. Picture frames are crooked.
  • Big Bear Lake - Loud boom then shaking for several seconds; during a thunderstorm
  • San Bernardino - Not a lot of shaking, but it was loud and long in duration, kind of like a locomotive passing by right next to the house.
  • Cherry Valley - There was a booming sound then a sharp jolt and minor shaking. I was finishing up breakfast and my aluminum stool slid across the floor about a couple of inches and I weigh about 225!
  • Apple Valley, CA - No damage observed so far.
  • Cedarpines Park - Two quick waves / jolts back to back. Dog was barking at rattling sounds from heavy mirror above fireplace.
  • Palm Springs - Light shaking, but strong enough to wake us out in bed.
  • Big Bear City - I was in my home when I felt the jolt and then the house shook. The heavens at about that time gave way with a crack of thunder and a heavy rain began to fall.
  • Fountain Valley - More of a quick jolt
  • Van Nuys, CA - Felt like the first tremors that then build into a larger quake, but did not continue and remained very weak. No damage.
  • East Highland, CA - Heard rumbling than a sharp jolt and watched walls of our home shake strongly for 5-6 seconds. Heard things falling on second floor of our home. We are about 15 miles south of Running Springs.
  • Crestline - Like most others, I've experienced many small earthquakes, but this one caused enough alarm to make me consider taking cover, or getting out of the house into a clear area.
  • Fallbrook. CA - Big jolt and them the roof made loud cracking sound throughout. No damage.
  • Los Angeles - lamp shook, could feel chair wiggle
  • Big Bear City - I was standing in the kitchen when I heard it coming. The shaking started weakly, gained strength for a few seconds and died out. More like a wave action and not a sharp jolt. All of the time a violent thunderstorm happening as well. Kind of Biblical!
  • San Diego - Lamp swayed a bit
  • San Diego - Lamp swayed a bit. Felt like someone bumped my chair
  • Victorville - Walking into my house thru the garage when my whole house and garage started to shake and began to make a stomach turning, thunder, crackling like sound making the wood in the roof sound as if stretching. My cupboards shook and shook, I was beginning to feel as if my equilibrium was off! It felt as If my earthquake experience lasted about 20 seconds tops.
  • Palm Desert - Felt initial jolt, followed by a shaking and wave/rolling for approximately 6-8 seconds.
  • palms springs - A lot of shaking. No damage.
  • Palm Springs - Felt like a train went by my home.
  • Banning - Was in a deep Sleep...was abruptly awoken at exactly 10:00 am on my alarm and cell. It felt stronger than a 3.7 to m e. Medium jerking, not a roll. Enough to make me think I'd better take down the shelf over the head of my bed. I felt no aftershocks whatsoever. Daughter said she was making breakfast next door and did not feel it. She only heard it; said to her husband it sounded like loud thunder. Interesting how we live in the same acreage and I felt and she only heard it. I'm going to post thi
  • Glendora - Gentle shaking about 3 seconds worth.
  • Cathedral City - no damage felt initial jolt and then shake stop and shake in ca, if it isn't "the big one" we hardly feel them
  • Palm Springs - Slight swaying back and forth. Nothing fell and no damage.
  • colton California - We were sitting in our living room and felt one strong jolt then a sharp shake after that, it lasted about 20 seconds. Have felt worse but it got our attention.
  • Lake Arrowhead, CA - no damage
  • Menifee - At about 10 a.m. felt shaking momentarily; was preoccupied at the time. Later in the afternoon around 1 3:15 p.m., two strong gust's of wind blowing extremely hot air was felt, the last one actually opened my back door which was pushed to but not shut (if that makes sense)!
  • Vista, CA - Sitting on a straight back chair. Felt rumbling under my feet.
  • Lake Arrowhead - We were sitting on a park bench with the kids getting fishing poles ready. I felt a very strong shaking, I almost yelled at my older kids to stop shaking the bench until I realized I was on a stone bench. It lasted about 6-7 seconds.
  • Whittier - I felt a very slight tremor for 5 seconds maybe. Nothing visibly shaking.
  • Hesperia - Loud cracking sound like a sonic boom or thunder, and then shaking/rattling for 6 seconds. No damage.
  • Arrowbear - No damage to my property, pictures askew on the wall, loud rumbling sound and 3 seconds of shaking.
  • San Diego - couch shook, 3 people in room felt it
  • Apple Valley - More noise than shaking. A rumbling sound which lasted 20 seconds. Still made you sit up and take notice!
  • Oceanside - Was sitting in a chair and just slightly felt the ground shake for a quick second or two
  • San Juan Capistrano - While watching tv my friend felt a very weak shaking
  • Irvine, Ca - I was lying down in bed when all of a sudden I thought someone jumped on the bed because I felt the bed shake. Very quick and short lasting maybe 2 seconds.
  • WCATWC 45 Miles S Of Barstow California Jul 05 17:00 4.8 9 MAP I Felt It
    EMSC Greater Los Angeles Area, Calif. Jun 17 23:20 2.3 16 MAP I Felt It
    EMSC Southern California Jun 13 20:31 2.5 13 MAP I Felt It
    EMSC Greater Los Angeles Area, Calif. Jun 12 03:40 2.7 8 MAP I Felt It
    USGS Ontario, California Jun 12 03:40 2.7 7 MAP I Felt It
    EMSC Greater Los Angeles Area, Calif. Jun 07 05:04 2.5 3 MAP I Felt It
    USGS Westwood, California Jun 02 02:36 4.2 4 MAP I Felt It INFO
  • Santa Monica - a jolt and then moderate quick jarring shaking. Not rolling.
  • Burbank - I heard it then felt it. Shook maybe 10 seconds
  • Sherman Oaks - mild shaking but really woke me up.
  • Agoura Hills - No damage, very short but jarring quake
  • Reseda - It shaked my whole house for about 2 seconds
  • West Hills - no damage
  • Westwood - It felt like someone was shaking my chair. I haven't felt and earthquake like that since 2010 on Easter when I was living in Pacific Beach. It was short earthquake maybe 3 to 4 seconds but it was a violent one not to be mistaken. I just glad it only lasted that long because if it was any longer I would have been grabbing my laptop and running for my life.
  • EMSC Greater Los Angeles Area, Calif. Jun 02 02:36 4.2 4 MAP I Felt It INFO
    USGS San Pedro, California May 31 02:59 3.8 0 MAP I Felt It
    EMSC San Pedro Channel, California May 31 02:59 3.8 1 MAP I Felt It
    EMSC Greater Los Angeles Area, Calif. May 30 03:00 2.3 9 MAP I Felt It
    EMSC Greater Los Angeles Area, Calif. May 11 11:23 2.4 10 MAP I Felt It
    EMSC Greater Los Angeles Area, Calif. May 09 01:44 2.4 9 MAP I Felt It
    USGS Cudahy, California May 08 06:39 3.3 13 MAP I Felt It INFO
  • Los Angeles - Felt pretty strong shaking
  • Monterey Park/Rosemead - No damage. Felt a few quick jolts for 3-4 seconds.
  • los Angeles - Fairly strong rumbling for about 5 seconds.
  • Mid City Los Angeles - No damage.
  • montebello, calif - No damage, but the shake like a hard push.
  • mid city - No damage.
  • South Gate - Felt like an explosion. It was a very unnatural feeling earthquake. There was a sudden and violent shake followed by a small tremor. It remained calm after. Perhaps this was an underground explosion or something cause by fracking?
  • Lakewood - Quick jolt for about 3 seconds. It felt very weird.
  • Lynwood - Felt some rumbling followed by a strong jolt.
  • Long Beach - Shook my entire apt building... gave it two good shakes.
  • Burbank - There was a strong jolt to begin it, but not much shaking.
  • Downey, CA - No damage. Nothing moved
  • Los Angeles - no damage that I am aware of
  • Bell - It felt so strong the up and down motion then continued and stopped.
  • EMSC Greater Los Angeles Area, Calif. May 08 06:39 3.3 14 MAP I Felt It
    EMSC Greater Los Angeles Area, Calif. Apr 03 17:08 3.1 12 MAP I Felt It INFO
    USGS Malibu, California Apr 03 17:08 3.1 11 MAP I Felt It
  • Newbury Park - No damage - very short. Heard more than felt it
  • USGS East La Mirada, California Apr 03 10:59 2.5 0 MAP I Felt It
    EMSC Greater Los Angeles Area, Calif. Apr 03 10:59 2.5 4 MAP I Felt It
    USGS La Habra, California Apr 01 18:30 3.0 3 MAP I Felt It INFO
  • Hacienda Heights - First quake on 3/28 was a rolling feeling. Few minutes later second quake was a jolt and light shaking. Felt one in Rowland Heights that occurred on Saturday around 2:30 p.m. Light rolling and shaking
  • La Habra - 2hard shakes about 2 minutes apart around 11:35 am
  • buena park - 2nd time today that the shaking woke me up...and it has not been noon yet...
  • Whittier - First 2 small rollers then a few min after sudden jolt
  • cypress - It hasn't,I was in school in cypress college and we all felt a baby earthquake
  • Los Angeles - Very light shaking, nothing major.
  • Fullerton - Felt it.
  • EMSC Greater Los Angeles Area, Calif. Apr 01 18:30 3.0 4 MAP I Felt It
    USGS La Habra, California Apr 01 18:30 2.5 0 MAP I Felt It
    USGS La Habra, California Apr 01 18:29 2.5 1 MAP I Felt It
    EMSC Greater Los Angeles Area, Calif. Apr 01 18:29 2.5 1 MAP I Felt It
    USGS La Habra, California Apr 01 13:02 2.8 4 MAP I Felt It
  • La Habra - This is the latest of many violant jolts. It woke me up. There not rolling there extrely hard jolts that you feel deep down in your stomach. I truly hope they stop soon. I've never felt this many aftershocks before at this intensity. La Habra
  • EMSC Greater Los Angeles Area, Calif. Apr 01 13:02 2.8 4 MAP I Felt It
    EMSC Greater Los Angeles Area, Calif. Mar 30 05:06 2.5 2 MAP I Felt It
    EMSC Greater Los Angeles Area, Calif. Mar 30 05:00 2.4 3 MAP I Felt It
    EMSC Greater Los Angeles Area, Calif. Mar 30 04:10 2.3 1 MAP I Felt It
    USGS La Habra, California Mar 30 03:48 2.6 0 MAP I Felt It
    EMSC Greater Los Angeles Area, Calif. Mar 30 03:48 2.6 1 MAP I Felt It
    WCATWC 85 Miles Sw Of Barstow California Mar 29 21:33 4.6 8 MAP I Felt It INFO
  • Barstow - I was outside and a bunch of birds shot out from our tree, shortly after our chairs jolted.
  • USGS Rowland Heights, California Mar 29 21:32 4.1 9 MAP I Felt It INFO
  • Brea, ca - Just the sounds, like a train in my home pictures falling off the wall, glass breaking.. My sliding glass door jumped off rale.. very Scary, Ive been here all my life and been through some big earth quakes, I guess since this was so close it really was frightening, Im still nervous..
  • los angeles - I was in bed and I was moving back and forth
  • Covina - Just playing games on the PC and then i felt a shaking. Dont know whats heppening didnt even have time to run out. and it stopped
  • Covina - at approx. 2:30 p.m.
  • Santa Ana Calif - 2 jolts
  • Long Beach Ca - I do not know of any damage, I think it was an aftershock of the earthquake in the Los Angeles area at about 9:00 p.m. last night (5.1 magnitude). The time was about 2:35 p.m. today March 29, 2014. It shook my chair, computer, and rest of the building for no more than 15 seconds. There was a rumbling sound.
  • Diamond Bar, Ca - On the computer and a quick jolt and shake, short but reminded me of last nights jolt!
  • Dana point ca - Sharp jolt no aftershake
  • Compton - Felt couches move. Very light. I assume it was an aftershock
  • Anaheim - Random shaking very strong
  • long beach california - A few Minutes ago i was laying in bed And felt the whole room swaying back n forth i sat up thinking i was crazy And it kept swaying i immediatly got up n ran outside but no reports have been made on news or net but i know i felt it! Confused?
  • Diamond Bar - Low rumble leading to shaking an a sound of a freight train passing lasting about 5 seconds or so.
  • brea - Was shopping in Walmart in Brea when it struck. Hit the floor and covered my head from items flying off the shelves all around me. whole building moving/ceiling ripplo=ing and floor rising and falling. very strong quake, very frightening and still getting strong aftershocks today in fullerton CA.
  • Mt Baldy - No known damage
  • los angeles - Alone athome got scsred .
  • Irvine,Ca - No damage, Jack and I just felt the jolt at 2:35 P.m this afternoon. here in Irvine, ca.
  • Los Angeles, CA 90011 - I felt a very weak shaking about... I want to say around 3:20? More or less. I was getting comfy on my sofa, just as I got comfortable I felt a shaking. I quickly stood up and looked at the chandelier or anything that could signal that it shook. Nothing was moving, not even the slightest movement. I'm guessing it was a 2 magnitude maybe even a 1? It only lasted a couple seconds, probably the 2 maybe 4 the most. My dog previously growled before the earthquake struck, I simply thought it was the l
  • Pine Valley - Camping at Laguna Campground
  • Hermosa Beach - More like a strong rolling wave. It surprised our kitten and lasted at least 20 seconds
  • La Puente - I was cleaning my bedroom with both my kids on the bed watching Kung Fu Panda when I felt some shaking n a bit of rolling.
  • La Mirada, CA - No damage, just really strong jolt & severe shaking of the windows 2 feet from where I was taking a nap. After so many 'rolling waves' since last night's 5.1, I only felt like "what a rude awakening"!
  • Rancho Cucamonga - Around 2:30pm two slight jolts.
  • los Angeles - The building was shaking
  • Laguna Niguel - was sitting on a chair in bedroom on second story, was a strong shaking, but not jolting.. was more of a shaking back and forth.. nothing like the night before..
  • EMSC Greater Los Angeles Area, Calif. Mar 29 21:32 4.1 9 MAP I Felt It INFO
  • Los Angeles - it wasn't that strong but we still felt it here.The lamp was moving too.
  • Anaheim - Two quakes within 5 minutes. They feel intensified for people living on the higher floors of condo buildings. Quakes becoming more and more frequent
  • Whittier - Lamp shook a welcome sign fell
  • compton - It was shaking my bed and my bed kept hitting the wall then my chandelier started swinging in circles
  • GEOFON Southern California Mar 29 21:32 4.2 10 MAP I Felt It INFO
  • Rowland heights - Ahhhh!!!
  • Buena Park - It was the strongest i have felt in 10 years. It felt as if the apartment was kinda wavy then started shaking. Lasted about 15 seconds. Since that quake, there have been a dozen or more aftershocks.
  • EMSC Greater Los Angeles Area, Calif. Mar 29 16:02 3.4 1 MAP I Felt It
  • Anaheim - Felt like my house was swaying back and forth. A rude wake up call!
  • USGS La Habra, California Mar 29 16:02 3.4 1 MAP I Felt It INFO
    EMSC Greater Los Angeles Area, Calif. Mar 29 14:53 2.3 1 MAP I Felt It
    USGS La Habra, California Mar 29 14:48 2.5 0 MAP I Felt It
    EMSC Greater Los Angeles Area, Calif. Mar 29 14:48 2.5 1 MAP I Felt It
    USGS Brea, California Mar 29 12:04 2.5 0 MAP I Felt It
    EMSC Greater Los Angeles Area, Calif. Mar 29 12:04 2.5 1 MAP I Felt It
    EMSC Greater Los Angeles Area, Calif. Mar 29 11:22 2.4 1 MAP I Felt It
    USGS La Habra, California Mar 29 10:31 2.8 0 MAP I Felt It
    EMSC Greater Los Angeles Area, Calif. Mar 29 10:31 2.8 1 MAP I Felt It

Data sources courtesy : USGS - EMSC - GFZ - GEONET (New Zealand only)

REAL TIME EARTHQUAKE LISTS - WORLD - REGIONS - COUNTRIES - STATE

Our Fast Earthquake and Tsunami Twitter Accounts :
    M4+ - ALL - M5+ - M6+ - CHILICANADABRITISH COLUMBIA - CALIFORNIA - OREGONWASHINGTON - HAWAIITEXASOKLAHOMA

Comments

1. susan says:

In northwest Brea, on third floor of my apt., felt the 3.6 Friday night....then the 5.1 an hour later SHOOK THE LIVING SHIT out of my place and lots of broken glass. The aftershocks are ENDLESS - and in Brea you can feel EVERY AFTERSHOCK, even the smallest one, because we're on Epicenter! Felt more like a 7.1 than a 5.1!!

Thanks Susan for telling us - So you can imagine what a M6.1 would do (10 times stronger!). Thanks for sharing your experience with us.

2. Jalsgslpal says:

Laying down for a nap and felt the bed shake for about 5 seconds.
      Heard about Fullerton so I knew
      It was an aftershock. Born and bred in earthquake country.
      Been through a lot of rockers. 1971, 1993 north ridge.