Earthquakes in the world on February 7, 2014 (M4.5 or more) – Earthquake in Colombia

Last update: February 8, 2014 at 3:17 am by By

New earthquakes will be added instantly! + Page refresh every 600 secs + Keep page open in a browser tab.
This is the Major daily earthquakes overview. Earthquakes of M 2.9 or more, click here.

Deep harmless earthquake in Colombia / Venezuela
More INFO and MAPS about this earthquake : CLICK HERE

Very strong earthquake in Vanuatu
More INFO and MAPS about this earthquake : CLICK HERE

Join our small group of volunteers and use your skills to help the world better understand the danger of earthquakes / volcanoes and to be prepared for it. Write us a few lines so that we can contact you.

OUR DAMAGE OVERVIEW LISTS : 20132014

(most complete damage list in the world and probably only the top of the Iceberg)

Label info : M = magnitude, D = depth (km), Time = UTC – Click here for the Time Zone world map.
Click here for examples of our “earthquake notifications (button below)”

ER I Felt A (not Listed) Earthquake Feb 07 23:59 4.6 0 MAP I Felt It
  • Jacksboro, Tennessee - Havent noticed any damaged...House shook and the things inside shook.
  • Negombo, Sri Lanka - we felt light shaking
  • USGS Aratoca, Colombia Feb 07 20:37 5.5 158 MAP I Felt It INFO
    GEOFON Northern Colombia Feb 07 20:36 5.3 153 MAP I Felt It
  • medellin - Sin daños
  • Medellin - it shakes for so long almost 5-7 minutes
  • Medellín - Fuerte strong
  • Bogotá - Fué una fuerte sacudida pero no duro mucho..se movieron las plantas del garaje y los objetos que estaban colgados.
  • Bogota - 11
  • Medellin - Tembloe leve en el edificio donde trabajo
  • Bogotá - I Washington laying in bed and could feel the entire bed shake
  • Medellin - (temblor débil)
  • Medellin - Strong shaking that lasted for a few minutes. No apparent damage.
  • Bogota - Fue leve se sintió en santanderes y medellin sin graves consecuencias
  • Medellin, Antioquia - Se sintio un leve movimiento, se sacudieron los equipos
  • Medellin - Senti que se movia mi monitor
  • Barbosa - It moved thepictures and hanging lamps
  • Apure - senti medo de terremoto!
  • Bogota - Sacudidas moderadas, despues del temblor los cables de telefono en los postes se cayeron
  • Ibague,Tolima - Felt the sofa where I was sitting shake like someone bumped into it! Was on the 4th floor, only lasted here for a few seconds.
  • Bucaramanga - Visiting Bucaramanga, on 6th floor of hotel when shaking occurred. Seemed to last for only 5 secs or so.
  • EMSC Apure, Venezuela Feb 07 20:36 5.3 156 MAP I Felt It INFO
    EMSC Kepulauan Sula, Indonesia Feb 07 15:55 4.6 46 MAP I Felt It INFO
    GEOFON Southern Molucca Sea Feb 07 15:55 4.6 46 MAP I Felt It INFO
    EMSC Savu Sea Feb 07 14:06 4.7 82 MAP I Felt It
    GEOFON Savu Sea Feb 07 14:06 4.7 100 MAP I Felt It INFO
    USGS Namuac, Philippines Feb 07 12:04 4.9 35 MAP I Felt It
  • Batangas City - Just feel a light shaking..no damage at all
  • 40 miles NE of Laoag city - this is 3rd night running now, mmi iv, around same time 7-8- pm we had tremours for weeks now, we have family of 4 here concrete house / roof. most house's wood around here. im english and retired here with small holding internet is hit and miss here, mobiles here fine, no landlines. tku howard saqui 00639294833692
  • EMSC Babuyan Isl Region, Philippines Feb 07 12:04 4.8 30 MAP I Felt It
    GEOFON Philippine Islands Region Feb 07 12:04 4.9 31 MAP I Felt It INFO
    USGS Pubu, China Feb 07 08:56 4.8 14 MAP I Felt It
    EMSC Eastern Xizang Feb 07 08:56 4.9 10 MAP I Felt It
    GEOFON Xizang Feb 07 08:56 4.8 8 MAP I Felt It INFO
    PTWC Vanuatu Feb 07 08:50 6.5 100 MAP I Felt It
  • Luganville - I was lying in bed reading when I felt some shaking and heard the rumble, and what felt like a change in air pressure(?). I jumped up to the door and the shaking lasted about 20-30 seconds. The lights were flickering and the fan was wobbling pretty good. It felt strong, but not as strong as the 6.3 a few months back. It was more of a constant shake with no major jolts.
  • USGS Port-olry, Vanuatu Feb 07 08:40 6.5 100 MAP I Felt It
    USGS Shikotan, Russia Feb 07 03:14 4.8 43 MAP I Felt It
    EMSC Kuril Islands Feb 07 03:14 4.8 46 MAP I Felt It
    GEOFON Kuril Islands Feb 07 03:14 4.9 42 MAP I Felt It INFO
    EMSC Greece Feb 07 01:21 4.7 1 MAP I Felt It
    GEOFON Greece Feb 07 01:21 4.7 22 MAP I Felt It INFO
    USGS Patrai, Greece Feb 07 01:21 4.6 9 MAP I Felt It

Data sources courtesy : USGSEMSCGFZGEONET (New Zealand only)

Useful information to read this daily earthquake list
    The INFO link behind earthquakes is showing additional information and a map with older seismicity in the epicenter area.
    The multi-source approach has been setup to compare values as seismology is not an exact science and needs a lot of calculations. The reference for the time zone is UTC (Coordinated Universal Time, also called GMT). Color explanation if we add some details above the list : green color = NOT dangerous for damage or injuries, orange color = MODERATE risk for damage or injuries, red color = CONSIDERABLE risk for damage or injuries

REAL TIME EARTHQUAKE LISTS – WORLD – REGIONS – COUNTRIES – STATES

Our Fast Earthquake and Tsunami Twitter Accounts :
    M4+ALLM5+M6+CHILICANADABRITISH COLUMBIACALIFORNIAOREGONWASHINGTONHAWAIITEXASOKLAHOMA

Comments

1. HOWARD SAQUI says:

we have so many shakes here we are use to them, 40 miles NE LAOAG CITY PHILIPPINES, BURGUS TOWN/BANTOC ON COAST, THIS IS 3-4 TH NIGHT OF SAME TIME SHAKES , NEVERY SERIOUS , THIS CONCERS ME IS A BIG BAD ONE COMING, PLEASE ADVISE

The misery with earthquakes is that NOBODY in the world will be able to tell you WHEN they will happen and HOW strong they will be. The best you can do is Fix all objects in the house, know what to do if it happens. Regards, ER