Earthquakes in the world on January 14, 2014 (M2.9 or more)

koki

Last update: January 15, 2014 at 5:43 pm by By

This page will refresh every 10 minutes + new earthquakes will be added instantly! Keep it open in a browser tab.

Moderate but very shallow and dangerous earthquake in Taiwan (Taitung region)
More INFO and MAPS about this earthquake : CLICK HERE

Moderate but “very damaging” earthquake in Yunnan / Sichuan, China
More INFO and MAPS about this earthquake : CLICK HERE

Earthquake-Report.com needs your skills

Because of our growing popularity, we urgently need volunteers (limited time activities per day/week/event) for the following tasks : earthquake article writer(s) (living in Asia, Pacific or Western USA), earthquake damage scanners (general AND language specific like Arabic, Chinese, Japanese, Spanish, etc), earthquake data collector(s), social media specialist(s), Facebook Page Admin(s), volcano and landslide news scanners as well as a couple of other small tasks. Tell us what you think you can do and become a part of the best non-governmental earthquake information network in the world.

Label info : M = magnitude, D = depth (km), Time = UTC – Click here for the Time Zone world map.
Click here for examples of our “earthquake notifications (button below)”

ER I Felt A (not Listed) Earthquake Jan 14 23:59 4.6 0 MAP I Felt It
  • Aguadilla - 8:10am vuelve a temblar en PR
  • San Juan - live by the ocean did not now to stay inside the building or go down because of fear of a tsunami
  • San German - At 4:01 local time(AST)There was a light shaking for maybe 15 seconds. Felt like a 3 perhaps.
  • Boqueron - I was sitting at my kitchen table and many dogs started barking just moments before I first felt the tremor. My chair and table started rocking and moving and dishes rattled in my drainboard. I was headed outside when it quit. Lasted approx 20+ seconds.
  • Gurabo - Fue horrible. Nunca habia sentido algo igual, definitivamente el más fuerte que he sentido.
  • Rincon - Laying in bed. Then bed started lightly shaking. I knew it was an aftershock.
  • USGS Hatillo, Puerto Rico Jan 14 23:50 3.4 44 MAP I Felt It INFO
    GEONET Nelson Jan 14 20:51 3.0 107 MAP I Felt It INFO
    USGS Redoubt Volcano, Alaska Jan 14 20:47 3.1 100 MAP I Felt It
    EMSC Southern Alaska Jan 14 20:47 3.1 100 MAP I Felt It INFO
    GEONET Te Araroa Jan 14 20:21 3.5 269 MAP I Felt It INFO
    USGS Arecibo, Puerto Rico Jan 14 19:52 3.1 44 MAP I Felt It
    EMSC Puerto Rico Region Jan 14 19:52 3.1 45 MAP I Felt It INFO
  • caimito mountain - el de las 10:54 fue el que mas senti la cama temblo por unos segundos
  • USGS Taitung City, Taiwan Jan 14 19:50 4.5 18 MAP I Felt It INFO
    GEOFON Taiwan Region Jan 14 19:50 4.8 10 MAP I Felt It INFO
    EMSC Taiwan Region Jan 14 19:50 4.5 10 MAP I Felt It INFO
    USGS Old Iliamna, Alaska Jan 14 19:25 3.6 119 MAP I Felt It
    EMSC Southern Alaska Jan 14 19:25 3.6 119 MAP I Felt It INFO
    EMSC Romania Jan 14 19:18 3.2 117 MAP I Felt It INFO
    USGS Tofino, Canada Jan 14 19:17 4.0 10 MAP I Felt It INFO
    EMSC Vancouver Island, Canada Region Jan 14 19:17 4.0 11 MAP I Felt It INFO
  • Duncan - Heard more of a rumble than a shake. It sounded like a big truck going by then followed by another sound the same. I noticed a number of comments that other felt or heard it too here https://www.facebook.com/earthquakewatch
  • USGS Zhongxin, China Jan 14 19:17 4.8 49 MAP I Felt It INFO
    GEONET Wairoa Jan 14 17:27 3.0 9 MAP I Felt It INFO
    USGS L'esperance Rock, New Zealand Jan 14 17:23 5.0 8 MAP I Felt It INFO
    EMSC South Of Kermadec Islands Jan 14 17:23 5.0 9 MAP I Felt It INFO
    USGS Buli, Taiwan Jan 14 16:44 4.6 20 MAP I Felt It INFO
    GEOFON Taiwan Jan 14 16:44 4.7 10 MAP I Felt It
    EMSC Taiwan Jan 14 16:44 4.7 7 MAP I Felt It INFO
  • Jhushan Town - Hear the window rattling a little and my desk started shaking too, then stopped.
  • EMSC Western Turkey Jan 14 16:14 3.6 5 MAP I Felt It INFO
    EMSC Puerto Rico Region Jan 14 16:01 3.1 27 MAP I Felt It INFO
    USGS Hatillo, Puerto Rico Jan 14 16:01 3.0 27 MAP I Felt It INFO
    EMSC Puerto Rico Region Jan 14 15:58 2.9 40 MAP I Felt It
    USGS Arecibo, Puerto Rico Jan 14 15:58 2.9 40 MAP I Felt It
    EMSC Bulgaria Jan 14 15:44 3.4 2 MAP I Felt It INFO
    USGS Ashkasham, Afghanistan Jan 14 15:41 5.1 104 MAP I Felt It
    EMSC Tajikistan Jan 14 15:41 5.1 100 MAP I Felt It
    GEOFON Afghanistan-tajikistan Border Region Jan 14 15:41 5.1 91 MAP I Felt It INFO
    USGS Road Town, British Virgin Islands Jan 14 15:27 3.5 46 MAP I Felt It INFO
    EMSC Puerto Rico Region Jan 14 12:08 4.9 29 MAP I Felt It
    USGS Hatillo, Puerto Rico Jan 14 12:08 4.2 41 MAP I Felt It INFO
    USGS Hatillo, Puerto Rico Jan 14 12:08 4.2 42 MAP I Felt It
    GEOFON Puerto Rico Region Jan 14 12:08 4.9 29 MAP I Felt It
    USGS Sinabang, Indonesia Jan 14 10:36 4.7 10 MAP I Felt It
    EMSC Off W Coast Of Northern Sumatra Jan 14 10:36 4.8 10 MAP I Felt It
    GEOFON Off West Coast Of Northern Sumatra Jan 14 10:36 5.1 16 MAP I Felt It INFO
    EMSC Western Turkey Jan 14 10:20 3.0 12 MAP I Felt It INFO
    USGS Arecibo, Puerto Rico Jan 14 09:09 3.0 53 MAP I Felt It INFO
    EMSC Puerto Rico Region Jan 14 09:09 3.0 53 MAP I Felt It INFO
    GEONET Nelson Jan 14 08:43 3.2 120 MAP I Felt It INFO
    EMSC Near North Coast Of Colombia Jan 14 07:45 4.5 10 MAP I Felt It
    GEOFON Near North Coast Of Colombia Jan 14 07:45 4.4 10 MAP I Felt It INFO
    EMSC Western Turkey Jan 14 07:20 2.9 5 MAP I Felt It
    USGS Hatillo, Puerto Rico Jan 14 07:15 3.2 41 MAP I Felt It
    EMSC Puerto Rico Region Jan 14 07:15 3.2 41 MAP I Felt It INFO
    USGS Hawthorne, Nevada Jan 14 06:10 3.8 7 MAP I Felt It INFO
    EMSC Antofagasta, Chile Jan 14 05:05 3.0 130 MAP I Felt It INFO
    GEONET Hanmer Springs Jan 14 04:47 3.2 13 MAP I Felt It INFO
    EMSC Sicily, Italy Jan 14 04:35 4.0 11 MAP I Felt It INFO
  • Lipari - trzeslo sie wszystko, zadnych szkod materialnych, zadnych urazow. troche strachu.
  • USGS Vallejo, California Jan 14 04:18 2.9 7 MAP I Felt It
    EMSC Valparaiso, Chile Jan 14 01:32 3.2 60 MAP I Felt It INFO
    EMSC Poland Jan 14 00:41 2.9 10 MAP I Felt It INFO
    EMSC Antofagasta, Chile Jan 14 00:15 3.0 123 MAP I Felt It INFO
    USGS Arecibo, Puerto Rico Jan 14 00:12 3.1 31 MAP I Felt It
    EMSC Puerto Rico Region Jan 14 00:12 3.1 31 MAP I Felt It INFO
    USGS Saint George, Utah Jan 14 00:06 3.1 13 MAP I Felt It INFO

Data sources courtesy : USGSEMSCGFZGEONET (New Zealand only)

REAL TIME EARTHQUAKE LISTS – WORLD – REGIONS – COUNTRIES – STATE

Our Fast Earthquake and Tsunami Twitter Accounts :
    M4+ALLM5+M6+CHILICANADABRITISH COLUMBIACALIFORNIAOREGONWASHINGTONHAWAIITEXASOKLAHOMA

Comments

1. Deanne Taylor says:

A little noise….shook enough to alarm cat, & bring on nauseous feeling.