Earthquakes in the world on January 30, 2013 (M4.5 or more) – Very strong earthquake in Northern Chile

Last update: January 30, 2013 at 11:24 pm by By

REAL TIME EARTHQUAKE LIST S – WORLD – REGIONS – COUNTRIES – STATES
Felt an earthquake ?
Click on I FELT IT below or use the form at the bottom.
Worldwide earthquakes M 4.4 or higher. Earthquakes of M 2.5 or more, click here.
Keep this page open (in a browser tab) – NEW POSTINGS WILL APPEAR AUTOMATICALLY.

Strong earthquake near the Santa Cruz Islands
M5.9 – M6.0 earthquake. Epicenter 98 km East of Lata (pop 538).
NO tsunami danger at this Magnitude.
Based on our experience a max. light shaking  will be experienced at Lata.

Very strong earthquake in Northern Chile
Preliminary Magnitude 6.6 at a depth of 46 km (can change a lot)
Based on an increasing number of visitors joining us from Chile, we believe that an earthquake was felt. When you are one of the people who experienced this earthquake, please fill in the form behind “I Felt A (not Listed) Earthquake”. Thank you.
We have written an in-depth report about this here

Earthquake in Myanmar (Burma)
Based on an increasing number of visitors joining us from Myanmar (Burma), we believe that an earthquake was felt. When you are one of the people who experienced this earthquake, please fill in the form behind “I Felt A (not Listed) Earthquake”. Thank you.
We have written an in-depth report about this here

Fast EARTHQUAKE and TSUNAMI TWEETS @ your MAGNITUDE choice
Regional Twitter Accounts
CHILICANADABRITISH COLUMBIACALIFORNIAOREGON
WASHINGTONHAWAIITEXASOKLAHOMA

Label info : M = magnitude, D = depth (km), Time = UTC – Click here for the Time Zone world map.
Click here for examples of our “earthquake notifications (button below)”
NEW EARTHQUAKES and EXPERIENCE REPORTS WILL APPEAR AUTOMATICALLY

ER I Felt A (not Listed) Strong Earthquake Jan 30 23:59 4.6 0 MAP I Felt It
EMSC Santa Cruz Islands Jan 30 23:53 4.6 15 MAP I Felt It
USGS Santa Cruz Islands Jan 30 23:53 4.6 15 MAP I Felt It
EMSC Near Coast Of Southern Peru Jan 30 23:34 4.7 26 MAP I Felt It
USGS Near The Coast Of Southern Peru Jan 30 23:34 4.7 26 MAP I Felt It
USGS Santa Cruz Islands Jan 30 23:03 6.0 10 MAP I Felt It
GEOFON Santa Cruz Islands Jan 30 23:03 6.0 10 MAP I Felt It
EMSC Santa Cruz Islands Jan 30 23:03 6.1 2 MAP I Felt It
EMSC Atacama, Chile Jan 30 20:55 4.6 69 MAP I Felt It
EMSC Atacama, Chile Jan 30 20:40 4.7 20 MAP I Felt It
GEOFON Near Coast Of Northern Chile Jan 30 20:40 4.8 10 MAP I Felt It
USGS Atacama, Chile Jan 30 20:15 6.8 45 MAP I Felt It
  • Copiapo - Cayeron elementos de estantería. Aparecieron grietas en las paredes. Por momentos fue difícil mantener el equilibrio.
  • SSUCH Huasco, Vallenar, Chile Jan 30 20:15 6.7 52 MAP I Felt It
    USGS Atacama, Chile Jan 30 20:15 6.7 25 MAP I Felt It
    GEOFON Central Chile Jan 30 20:15 6.7 47 MAP I Felt It
    EMSC Atacama, Chile Jan 30 20:15 6.8 46 MAP I Felt It
    PTWC Central Chile Jan 30 20:15 6.7 25 MAP I Felt It
  • Santiago - I felt it
  • Santiago - On 11th floor of office building in the Las Condes area of Santiago...gentle rocking motion for about 10 seconds
  • Recoleta, Santiago, Chile - I live on the 21st floor, felt the building bob back and forth gently for about 10 seconds.
  • Santiago, Chile - At the airport on January 30, 2013. The ground shook, vibrated like a large jet was taxiing by us. The glass in the windows was pulsing.
  • WCATWC Central Chile Jan 30 20:15 6.6 43 MAP I Felt It
    EMSC Off Coast Of Oregon Jan 30 03:14 5.3 10 MAP I Felt It
    USGS Off The Coast Of Oregon Jan 30 03:14 5.3 10 MAP I Felt It
    USGS Philippine Islands Region Jan 30 02:32 5.4 46 MAP I Felt It
    EMSC Philippine Islands Region Jan 30 02:32 5.4 36 MAP I Felt It
    GEOFON Philippine Islands Region Jan 30 02:32 5.1 32 MAP I Felt It
    EMSC Andreanof Islands, Aleutian Is. Jan 30 00:56 4.6 80 MAP I Felt It
    USGS Andreanof Islands, Aleutian Islands, Alaska Jan 30 00:56 4.6 75 MAP I Felt It

Data sources courtesy : USGSEMSCGFZGEONET (New Zealand only)

Earthquakes occurred yesterday (UTC time), but today local time

Mid Indian Ridge Jan 29 21:40 PM M 5.3 Depth 10.0 km

Useful information to read this daily earthquake list
    This earthquake list covers important earthquakes in the world. If a more detailed page is present, the earthquake line will be linked to the detailed page. The multi-source approach has been setup to compare values as seismology is not an exact science and needs a lot of calculations. The reference for the time zone is UTC (Coordinated Universal Time, also called GMT). Color explanation if we add some details above the list : green color = NOT dangerous for damage or injuries, orange color = MODERATE risk for damage or injuries, red color = CONSIDERABLE risk for damage or injuries

Comments

1. Mike says:

shaking sixth floor concrete apartment building for a few seconds