(Major) Earthquakes list December 19, 2012

Last update: December 19, 2012 at 10:24 pm by By

REAL TIME EARTHQUAKE LIST S – WORLD – REGIONS – COUNTRIES – STATES
Felt an earthquake ?
Click on I FELT IT below or use the form at the bottom.
Worldwide earthquakes M 4.4 or higher.  Earthquakes of M 2.5 or more, click here.
Keep this page open (in a browser tab) – NEW POSTINGS WILL APPEAR AUTOMATICALLY.
A lot of thanks to Linda and Cathie (USA) for their kind donation

The first 8 UTC hours of December 19 : NO earthquakes M4.5 or more – thats a long time ago ! – Are the Mayas saving their energy for the day after tomorrow ? ;-) But honestly, let us hope it will continue like that for another 16 hours.

SUPERFAST earthquake NOTIFICATION TWEETS up to your own MAGNITUDE choice

Label info : M = magnitude, D = depth (km), Time = UTC - Click here for the Time Zone world map.
Click here for examples of our “earthquake notifications (button below)”
NEW EARTHQUAKES and EXPERIENCE REPORTS WILL APPEAR AUTOMATICALLY

USGS West Of Macquarie Island Dec 19 15:19 4.7 10 MAP I Felt It
EMSC West Of Macquarie Island Dec 19 15:19 4.7 10 MAP I Felt It
GEOFON Mindanao / Bohol, Philippines Dec 19 14:00 4.6 128 MAP I Felt It
  • Cebu city - Bed was shaking slightly
  • Bohol Philippines - Room moved for about 10 seconds
  • Bohol - sudden shakes
  • Mactan, Cebu city - sitting still infront of my computer and i felt my chair was kinda shaking for not more than 4 sec.
  • Dumaguete City - was sitting on a chair and it felt like someone lightly bumping me...
  • Philippines - Strong shake. I almost fell of my chair
  • Cebu, Philippines - Heard the window rattle and the bed move slowly.
  • Tagbialran - i felt i light shaking
  • Metro Dumaguete, Oriental Negros, Philip - Roughly around 15mins ago...I felt my sofa shake for about 20 seconds
  • Dumaguete city Negros Oriental - i felt the shake here in our work place as i while making calls...
  • Negros Oriental, Sibulan - Bed was moving and rocking chair too. The clothes in the cabinet were swaying and we heard the window move.
  • Sibulan, Negros Oriental - I was sitting on the bed, seems like someone bumped the bed and made it move
  • Dauis,Bohol - weak shaking happened
  • cebu - It was slighty shaky
  • Dauis Bohol - my computer table shook for about 5secs
  • Cebu City - A felt a light shaking of the floor.
  • Duero Bohol - Bed was shaking slightly
  • Dumauete - Laying on our bed with my kids when suddenly shake our bed while watching tv.
  • Dumaguete - i'm dancing coz of the earthquake. .
  • Dumaguete city - Was so hard shake here. my house totally moved. please safe us god, dec, 21 is just near
  • Cebu - I just felt for a second only
  • Dumaguete Phil - On our work building (3rd floor) and I felt the building shaked.
  • Garcia-Hernandez Bohol - It shaked 3 times for 60 sec.
  • bohol dauis - just in seconds
  • Cortes, Bohol - I was in my desk and I felt light shaking, it just 2 movements that last for 2-3 sec.
  • D. Bohol - i felt dizzy and went hungry after the shakin.. my desk was moving though..
  • Toledo City, Cebu - I was lying on my bed when i felt the bed slightly shake for about 4 seconds
  • EMSC Bohol, Philippines Dec 19 14:00 4.6 124 MAP I Felt It
    EMSC Southern East Pacific Rise Dec 19 08:03 4.6 10 MAP I Felt It
    GEOFON Southern East Pacific Rise Dec 19 08:03 4.7 15 MAP I Felt It
    USGS Southern East Pacific Rise Dec 19 08:03 4.6 10 MAP I Felt It
    EMSC Near East Coast Of Honshu, Japan Dec 19 02:35 4.7 10 MAP I Felt It
    GEOFON Near East Coast Of Honshu, Japan Dec 19 02:35 4.8 10 MAP I Felt It

Data sources courtesy :  USGSEMSCGFZGEONET

Earthquakes occurred yesterday (UTC time), but today local time

Near East Coast Of Honshu, Japan Dec 18 18:36 PM M 5.1 Depth 30.0 km

Useful information to read this daily earthquake list
    This earthquake list covers important earthquakes in the world. If a more detailed page is present, the earthquake line will be linked to the detailed page. The multi-source approach has been setup to compare values as seismology is not an exact science and needs a lot of calculations. The reference for the time zone is UTC (Coordinated Universal Time, also called GMT). Color explanation if we add some details above the list : green color = NOT dangerous for damage or injuries, orange color = MODERATE risk for damage or injuries, red color = CONSIDERABLE risk for damage or injuries

QuakeSOS+ and QuakeSOS free are iPhone applications developed by Armand Vervaeck, the founder of Earthquake Report. The Application simplifies immediate group communication to friends and family members (with your exact GPS location) and is feeding the users with Earthquake Report news. The 0.99 US$ QuakeSOS+ version will support the activities of SOS Earthquakes.

a

Earthquake-Report.com headlines on twitter

@OnlyQuakeNews : Get all the headlines of our earthquake-report.com articles + regular updates on ongoing events
    @ArmandVervaeck : Personal twitter account (mainly in Dutch) of the founder of Earthquake-Report.com and SOS Earthquakes. This twitter account is besides for earthquake news also for personal notes

Comments

1. Naomi Melendez says:

I felt the quake this morning while I was a sleep. It is weird since I live in Elgin, IL. Very far from California.