(Major) Earthquakes list October 28, 2012 – Massive quake in Canada

Last update: October 29, 2012 at 9:00 am by By

REAL TIME EARTHQUAKE LIST S – WORLD – REGIONS – COUNTRIES – STATES
Felt an earthquake ?
Click on I FELT IT below or use the form at the bottom.
Worldwide earthquakes M 4.4 or higher.  Earthquakes of M 2.5 or more, click here.
Keep this page open (in a browser tab) – NEW POSTINGS WILL APPEAR AUTOMATICALLY.
We thank ER readers Robert (Canarias, Spain), Gerhardt (Germany) and Edward (British Columbia, Canada) for their kind donation

Please read our in-depth report about this earthquake – Click here

Tsunami warning in effect for British Columbia and Alaska
A massive earthquake occurred below the Queen Charlotte island

...A TSUNAMI WARNING IS NOW IN EFFECT WHICH INCLUDES THE COASTAL AREAS OF BRITISH COLUMBIA AND ALASKA FROM THE NORTH
   TIP OF VANCOUVER ISLAND BRITISH COLUMBIA TO CAPE DECISION ALASKA/LOCATED 85 MILES SE OF SITKA/...

...THIS MESSAGE IS INFORMATION ONLY FOR COASTAL AREAS OF CALIFORNIA - OREGON - WASHINGTON AND BRITISH COLUMBIA FROM
   THE CALIFORNIA-MEXICO BORDER TO THE NORTH TIP OF VANCOUVER ISLAND BRITISH COLUMBIA...

...THIS MESSAGE IS INFORMATION ONLY FOR COASTAL AREAS OF ALASKA FROM CAPE DECISION ALASKA/LOCATED 85 MILES SE OF SITKA/ TO ATTU ALASKA...

Please read our in-depth report about this earthquake – Click here

Label info : M = magnitude, D = depth (km), Time = UTC - Click here for the Time Zone world map.
Click here for examples of our “earthquake notifications (button below)”
NEW EARTHQUAKES and EXPERIENCE REPORTS WILL APPEAR AUTOMATICALLY

EMSC Queen Charlotte Islands Region Oct 28 23:34 4.7 10 MAP I Felt It
  • Smithers B.C. - hanging lights were swinging, parked vehicals were rocking,I felt nauseous almost sea sick.
  • GEOFON Queen Charlotte Islands Region Oct 28 23:34 4.8 10 MAP I Felt It
    GEOFON Kamchatka Peninsula, Russia Oct 28 19:09 4.8 245 MAP I Felt It
    EMSC Queen Charlotte Islands Region Oct 28 19:03 5.4 30 MAP I Felt It
    GEOFON Queen Charlotte Islands Region Oct 28 19:03 5.2 10 MAP I Felt It
    USGS Queen Charlotte Islands, Canada Region Oct 28 19:03 5.4 32 MAP I Felt It
    EMSC Queen Charlotte Islands Region Oct 28 18:54 6.4 10 MAP I Felt It
    USGS Queen Charlotte Islands, Canada Region Oct 28 18:54 6.4 19 MAP I Felt It
  • Vanderhoof - Keep getting the feeling of vertigo. Actually got the swaying sensation
  • GEOFON Queen Charlotte Islands Region Oct 28 18:54 6.4 10 MAP I Felt It
    USGS Queen Charlotte Islands, Canada Region Oct 28 18:54 6.3 8 MAP I Felt It
  • UNITED STATES - I'm in Tlell, on the east coast of Haida Gwaii. It has been shaking almost constantly for about the last one half hour.
  • USGS Queen Charlotte Islands, Canada Region Oct 28 16:17 5.1 15 MAP I Felt It
    EMSC Queen Charlotte Islands Region Oct 28 15:59 4.9 20 MAP I Felt It
    USGS Queen Charlotte Islands, Canada Region Oct 28 15:59 4.6 10 MAP I Felt It
    GEOFON Queen Charlotte Islands Region Oct 28 15:59 4.8 10 MAP I Felt It
    EMSC Queen Charlotte Islands Region Oct 28 13:09 4.8 20 MAP I Felt It
    GEOFON Queen Charlotte Islands Region Oct 28 13:09 4.8 10 MAP I Felt It
    USGS Queen Charlotte Islands, Canada Region Oct 28 13:09 4.8 10 MAP I Felt It
    EMSC Hindu Kush Region, Afghanistan Oct 28 12:11 4.8 213 MAP I Felt It
    USGS Hindu Kush Region, Afghanistan Oct 28 12:11 4.8 208 MAP I Felt It
    GEOFON Afghanistan-tajikistan Border Region Oct 28 12:11 5.0 204 MAP I Felt It
  • Kabul - Light shaking for about 5-10 seconds in Kabul.
  • USGS Queen Charlotte Islands, Canada Region Oct 28 11:53 4.7 10 MAP I Felt It
    EMSC Queen Charlotte Islands Region Oct 28 03:14 5.8 10 MAP I Felt It
    USGS Queen Charlotte Islands, Canada Region Oct 28 03:14 5.8 10 MAP I Felt It
    USGS Andaman Islands, India Region Oct 28 03:08 5.1 64 MAP I Felt It
    GEOFON Andaman Islands, India Region Oct 28 03:08 5.1 62 MAP I Felt It
    EMSC Andaman Islands, India Region Oct 28 03:08 5.1 60 MAP I Felt It

Data sources courtesy :  USGSEMSCGFZGEONET

Earthquakes occurred yesterday (UTC time), but today local time

Tonga Oct 27 20:56 PM M 4.7 Depth 355.6 km

seismograph - recordingUseful information to read this daily earthquake list
    This earthquake list covers important earthquakes in the world.
    If a more detailed page is present, the earthquake line will be linked to the detailed page.
    For your comfort, we will provide in most cases a Google Satellite Map to give you an idea where the earthquake struck, which terrain it happened and if villages or cities are located in the immediate vicinity. The multi-source approach has been setup to compare values as seismology is not an exact science and needs a lot of calculations. The reference for the time zone is UTC (Coordinated Universal Time, also called GMT). Color explanation if we add some details above the list :
    green color = NOT dangerous for damage or injuries
    orange color = MODERATE risk for damage or injuries
    red color = CONSIDERABLE risk for damage or injuries

QuakeSOS+ and QuakeSOS free are iPhone applications developed by Armand Vervaeck, the founder of Earthquake Report. The Application simplifies immediate group communication to friends and family members (with your exact GPS location) and is feeding the users with Earthquake Report news. The 0.99 US$ QuakeSOS+ version will support the activities of SOS Earthquakes.

a

Earthquake-Report.com headlines on twitter
    @OnlyQuakeNews : Get all the headlines of our earthquake-report.com articles + regular updates on ongoing events
    @QuakeSOS : earthquake-report.com news + automatic earthquake notifications of USGS earthquakes of M 4.0 or higher with emphasis to earthquakes in the America’s and the Pacific Ocean sphere (4 and up) and a lot of the rest of the world (5 and up). This account was created for our QuakeSOS and QuakeSOS+ iPhone applications
    @ShakingEarth : earthquake-report.com news + automatic earthquake notifications of EMSC earthquakes of M 4.0 or higher with emphasis to earthquakes in European and Asian / Middle East sphere (4 and up) and a lot of the rest of the world (5 and up). This account was originally created to stimulate our Facebook account
    @QuakeMaps : earthquake-report.com news with mapping notifications of ALL earthquakes M 3.0 and higher from all over the world via EMSC and USGS. This account was created for our http://www.quake-maps.com website

Comments

1. S says:

I thought I was going crazy from the sensation of swaying until my daughter said she was experiencing the same thing!