(Major) Earthquakes list July 25, 2012 – Very strong earthquake along the coast of the Solomon Islands

Last update: July 25, 2012 at 11:21 pm by By

REAL TIME EARTHQUAKE LIST S – WORLD – REGIONS – COUNTRIES – STATES
Felt an earthquake ?
Click on I FELT IT below or use the form at the bottom.
Worldwide earthquakes M 4.4 or higher. Earthquakes of M 2.5 or more, click here.
Personalized E-mail earthquake alerts for this area. Click on Subscribe to E-mail list of this page below and make your choice of ” delivery frequency” and “Magnitude”. Click here for more information.

Very strong earthquake along the coast of the Solomon Islands
We have written an in-depth article about this earthquake. Please click here.

M3.8 earthquake in the Los Angeles area
Our comment can be read here

Very dangerous earthquake close to Sumatra island Simeulue
The earthquake was caused by the stress generated by the subduction zone who has triggered a number of mega-earthquakes in the past. People ran out on the streets out of fear. People are used to strong earthquakes on the island who has suffered a lot of devastating tsunamis during recent years.
We have written an in-depth article on this earthquake, click here to read it.

Label info : M = magnitude, D = depth (km), Time = UTC – Click here for the Time Zone world map.
Click here for examples of our “earthquake notifications (button below)”
NEW EARTHQUAKES and EXPERIENCE REPORTS WILL APPEAR AUTOMATICALLY

USGS Mindanao, Philippines Jul 25 13:27 4.8 136 MAP I Felt It
GEOFON Solomon Islands Jul 25 12:35 4.8 25 MAP I Felt It
EMSC Solomon Islands Jul 25 12:35 4.8 30 MAP I Felt It
EMSC South Of Fiji Islands Jul 25 12:12 4.9 10 MAP I Felt It
GEOFON South Of Fiji Islands Jul 25 12:12 4.9 10 MAP I Felt It
USGS Solomon Islands Jul 25 11:20 6.6 113 MAP I Felt It
  • Honiara, Solomon Islands - The recent earthquake has bring a lot of bad memories of the earthquake and Tsunami that hit Gizo not long ago. Aftershock have been felt some 80 minutes after the earthquake and families are running away with their little ones. People fear tsunami might strike, therefore are afraid to sleep.
  • Honiara - 2nd floor shaking hard, a few things fell down, but internet restored - ADSL and as it is SW thus on the other side of Guadalcanal (weathercoast) no tsunami fears. I am on the water - 5 meters away. I was in the SF 1989 EQ at Candlestick - that much worse and longer, took about 15-20 sec here (seemed). The wood and concrete swayed but made it and the AC continues to work along with electricity so we are lucky at the IBSH. USGS map showed the spot 15 minutes later. Michael
  • Honiara - Around 10:15PM - 6.5 M The epicenter was directly under the east side of Honiara; I’m on the western side, 3rd floor right on the water. I woke to a floor lamp crashing and breaking, the closet doors banging - It sounded like someone was trying to kick the door in. The building I’m in raddled loudly throughout but there seams to be no visual damage. The power was out on some areas of the island but quickly restored in our hotel. After shock around 1hr and another about 8hrs.
  • Honiara, Solomon Islands - Couldn't walk straight. second floor at home shook violently for a few seconds, with a few objects falling to the floor. Felt aftershocks some minutes later.
  • Honiara - I lived in a 3 storey apartment in honiara.I hit strongly.my houehold esp women and children are traumatised recalling the expieranced of the historic tsunami in westyern solomon not long ago.We leave about 50 meters off the coast of west honiara.all resients fled inland and spend the night. It hits again 30 mins ago.
  • Honiara - Thought my house was going down.... Couldn't balance myself properly, a lot of vomiting was done after the quake.
  • Honiara - It shook very strong for less than 5 seconds after a moderate shaking. Cause panic and even power cut to certain parts of Honiara.No major damage.
  • Honiara - I was already sound asleep, my 2yr old son and his dad had just said their prayers after watching a movie, when our concrete house sway , rocked and as if floated. Since it was my son's first awareness of an earthquake he was terrified and was speechless for almost half an hour.If it had gone on at this rate for another minute or two, we would surely have lots and lost of damage. But I guess only minor damage is done around the Capital but i feel for my people along the southern coast of Guadalc
  • Honiara - 1st time experienced in my entire life. im in honiara for 4 months. deep is is right behind us..scary..
  • USGS Solomon Islands Jul 25 11:20 6.6 114 MAP I Felt It
    USGS North Indian Ocean Jul 25 06:13 4.9 10 MAP I Felt It
    USGS Catamarca, Argentina Jul 25 06:01 4.6 167 MAP I Felt It
    EMSC Catamarca, Argentina Jul 25 06:01 5.0 139 MAP I Felt It
    GEOFON Catamarca Province, Argentina Jul 25 06:01 5.0 142 MAP I Felt It
    GEOFON Near East Coast Of Honshu, Japan Jul 25 01:31 4.6 104 MAP I Felt It
    USGS Simeulue, Indonesia Jul 25 00:27 6.4 22 MAP I Felt It
  • Penang, Malaysia - Feel the shaking while working in the office. Can heard the ceiling weak cracking sound, and can see window curtain shaking. Feel the shaking twice.
  • Penang - I felt it too..
  • EMSC Simeulue, Indonesia Jul 25 00:27 6.4 2 MAP I Felt It
    GEOFON Northern Sumatra, Indonesia Jul 25 00:27 6.3 10 MAP I Felt It
    BMKG Simeulue, Sumatra, Indonesia Jul 25 00:27 6.4 10 MAP I Felt It
    USGS Simeulue, Indonesia Jul 25 00:27 6.6 33 MAP I Felt It

Earthquakes occurred yesterday (UTC time), but today local time

Koryakia, Russia Jul 24 21:25 PM M 4.8 Depth 10.0 km

seismograph - recordingUseful information to read this daily earthquake list
    This earthquake list covers important earthquakes in the world.
    If a more detailed page is present, the earthquake line will be linked to the detailed page.
    For your comfort, we will provide in most cases a Google Satellite Map to give you an idea where the earthquake struck, which terrain it happened and if villages or cities are located in the immediate vicinity. The multi-source approach has been setup to compare values as seismology is not an exact science and needs a lot of calculations. The reference for the time zone is UTC (Coordinated Universal Time, also called GMT). Color explanation if we add some details above the list :
    green color = NOT dangerous for damage or injuries
    orange color = MODERATE risk for damage or injuries
    red color = CONSIDERABLE risk for damage or injuries

QuakeSOS+ and QuakeSOS free are iPhone applications developed by Armand Vervaeck, the founder of Earthquake Report. The Application simplifies immediate group communication to friends and family members (with your exact GPS location) and is feeding the users with Earthquake Report news. The 0.99 US$ QuakeSOS+ version will support the activities of SOS Earthquakes.

a

Earthquake-Report.com headlines on twitter
    @OnlyQuakeNews : Get all the headlines of our earthquake-report.com articles + regular updates on ongoing events
    @QuakeSOS : earthquake-report.com news + automatic earthquake notifications of USGS earthquakes of M 4.0 or higher with emphasis to earthquakes in the America’s and the Pacific Ocean sphere (4 and up) and a lot of the rest of the world (5 and up). This account was created for our QuakeSOS and QuakeSOS+ iPhone applications
    @ShakingEarth : earthquake-report.com news + automatic earthquake notifications of EMSC earthquakes of M 4.0 or higher with emphasis to earthquakes in European and Asian / Middle East sphere (4 and up) and a lot of the rest of the world (5 and up). This account was originally created to stimulate our Facebook account
    @QuakeMaps : earthquake-report.com news with mapping notifications of ALL earthquakes M 3.0 and higher from all over the world via EMSC and USGS. This account was created for our http://www.quake-maps.com website