Australia earthquake list

Last update: June 20, 2012 at 1:41 am by By

The list below shows the last earthquakes in Australia

In depth articles on Australia earthquakes written by Earthquake-Report.com
- Strong earthquake in the greater Melbourne area, Australia (June 19, 2012)
- Strong earthquake near the coast of Western Australia (Cape Range National Park) - December 5, 2011
- Unusual moderate shallow earthquake close to Melbourne, Australia - July 5, 2011
- Moderate shallow earthquake and aftershocks near Townsville, Queensland, Australia - April 16, 2011

Label info : M = magnitude, D = depth (km), Time = UTC – Australia time = UTC +10 (DST +11)
USGS Macquarie Island, Australia Jul 01 14:30 5.7 10 MAP I Felt It INFO
EMSC Near Coast Of South Australia Mar 27 13:27 3.3 11 MAP I Felt It INFO
EMSC Near Coast Of South Australia Mar 25 14:09 2.0 12 MAP I Felt It
EMSC Near S.e. Coast Of Australia Mar 10 12:39 2.8 1 MAP I Felt It
USGS Pakenham Upper, Australia Mar 10 12:39 2.8 0 MAP I Felt It
USGS Macquarie Island, Australia Feb 19 10:24 5.1 10 MAP I Felt It
EMSC Near East Coast Of Australia Feb 15 15:57 5.0 10 MAP I Felt It
  • Gladstone QLD - Woke to feeling of house 'shuddering', whole neighborhood awakened and outside. Very frightening!
  • Coolum - Light tremors no damage
  • Moore Park Beach - Woke up just before the earthquake. Felt the earthquake at 1:59am (16th Feb 2015). The bed and house shook for approx 3 secs with a low rattle sound. All the dogs in the neighbourhood barked. My partner woke up next to me during the earthquake and asked what it was.
  • Buderim - We have sensor lights In bathroom and they came on as the door to the bedroom rattled for what seemed an extended amount of time. I had two dogs inthe bedroom with me and they were both looking at me.
  • Hervey Bay - The windows around the house were shaking and I went outside and the two roller doors were visually shaking
  • Kumbia - Was 2 am. Woke up to bedroom doors shaking and bed shaking. Dog outside barking. Posted on face book. Had friends in murgon and Bundaberg feel it too!!
  • Maleny - Woke at about 2am to approx 5-7 seconds of gentle rocking/vibration. No noises. House is on a concrete slab.
  • GEOFON Near East Coast Of Australia Feb 15 15:57 5.0 10 MAP I Felt It INFO
    GEOFON Northern Territory, Australia Sep 01 23:01 4.2 10 MAP I Felt It INFO
    GEOFON South Australia Jun 04 02:29 4.3 10 MAP I Felt It INFO
    EMSC South Australia Jun 04 02:29 4.3 10 MAP I Felt It INFO
    USGS Macquarie Island, Australia May 29 03:02 4.8 10 MAP I Felt It
    USGS Peterborough, Australia Apr 29 09:54 4.7 15 MAP I Felt It
    EMSC Near Coast Of South Australia Apr 29 09:54 4.8 2 MAP I Felt It
  • SE Melbourne, Australia - Felt faint vibration and quiet rumble. We are in the neighboring state of Victoria, many kilometers away.
  • Golden Heights - Lounge chair vibrated for approx 3 seconds.
  • GEOFON Near Coast Of South Australia Apr 29 09:54 4.8 8 MAP I Felt It INFO
    EMSC Northwest Of Australia Apr 28 16:07 4.2 10 MAP I Felt It INFO
    GEOFON Northwest Of Australia Apr 28 16:07 4.2 10 MAP I Felt It INFO
    GEOFON Northwest Of Australia Mar 12 08:08 4.2 10 MAP I Felt It INFO
    EMSC Northwest Of Australia Mar 12 08:08 4.2 10 MAP I Felt It INFO
    USGS West Of Australia Mar 04 23:14 4.6 10 MAP I Felt It INFO
    EMSC West Of Australia Mar 04 23:14 4.7 2 MAP I Felt It INFO
    GEOFON West Of Australia Mar 04 23:14 4.9 10 MAP I Felt It INFO

Have you felt an earthquake ? Please fill in the form below

Comments

1. Darryl says:

Bendigo windows rattled bed shook felt like train going past lasted 10 to 15 sec