(Major) Earthquakes list April 22, 2012 – Moderate earthquake in Colima, Mexico

Last update: April 22, 2012 at 7:05 pm by By

REAL TIME EARTHQUAKE LIST S – WORLD – REGIONS – COUNTRIES – STATES
Felt an earthquake ?
Click on I FELT IT below or use the form at the bottom.
Worldwide earthquakes M 4.4 or higher. Earthquakes of M 2.5 or more, click here.
Personalized E-mail earthquake alerts for this area. Click on Subscribe to E-mail list of this page below and make your choice of ” delivery frequency” and “Magnitude”. Click here for more information.

Earthquake Mexico
The epicenter of this earthquake is located very close to Manzanillo and is reported at a harmless intermediate depth. This means that the shaking will be felt in a vast radius.
Based on the data we currently have,  today’s earthquake cannot be linked to the 7.6 Guerrero earthquake.
The earthquake was well felt in touristic Puerto Vallarta.
A tsunami cannot be generated with this earthquake

Label info : M = magnitude, D = depth (km), Time = UTC – Click here for conversion in your local time.

EMSC Central Peru Apr 22 23:45 4.6 113 MAP I Felt It
USGS Central Peru Apr 22 23:45 4.6 112 MAP I Felt It
  • São Paulo - Senti tremor no chão em supermercado da rede Pão de Açúcar na Avenida Afonso Bovero perto da Avenida Pompéia (local elevado em crista de divisor de águas)
  • USGS Nicobar Islands, India Region Apr 22 23:05 4.8 39 MAP I Felt It
    EMSC Nicobar Islands, India Region Apr 22 23:05 4.9 40 MAP I Felt It
    GEOFON Nicobar Islands, India Region Apr 22 23:05 4.8 26 MAP I Felt It
    USGS Celebes Sea Apr 22 21:41 4.6 591 MAP I Felt It
    GEOFON Celebes Sea Apr 22 21:41 4.6 590 MAP I Felt It
    EMSC Celebes Sea Apr 22 21:41 4.6 595 MAP I Felt It
    GEOFON Fiji Islands Region Apr 22 18:31 4.7 368 MAP I Felt It
    USGS Jalisco, Mexico Apr 22 18:12 4.6 85 MAP I Felt It
  • santiago - not used to earthquakes and it was surprising scary!
  • Guadalajara - In the afternoon on April 22nd around 2:00 pm I felt two shakes as I was reading in bed.
  • Puerto Vallarta - We felt it here in Puerto Vallarta, in the Romantic Zone. Our condominium swayed. No problems.
  • puerto vallarta intl airport - In airport, felt two hard shakes, hard jolt. Like a truck, if it hit the side of the building. Interesting. Hanging lights swinging for awhile.
  • puerto vallarta airport - waitng for our food at carls jr. when we felt a strong shake but like a wave a pass real fast
  • UNITED STATES - We were heading home from vacation and the airport shook for a second or two
  • EMSC Colima, Mexico Apr 22 18:12 4.7 85 MAP I Felt It
  • Manzanillo - Entire house shook for a few seconds.
  • La Manzanilla, mexico - We felt it for 20-30 seconds...moderate shaking of our building;la manzanilla, Costa Alegre Mar.. bahia de Tenacatita, 60 minutes North of Manzahillo....no change in Ocean/Wave activity....
  • Melaque - The house was shaking and cracqing
  • Manzanillo - It was a good shake in the outdoor palapa.
  • Manzanillo, Colima, Mexico - stronger than the one at about 1:12 pm today, but shorter in length. moving closer to a 6.0 in magnitude. about 7 or 8 minutes ago.
  • Manzanillo, Colima, Mexico - Manzanillo had 2 earthquakes this afternoon... the first, about 1:12 pm; the 2nd, that I reported close to 10 minutes after it hit, occurred about 2 or 2:30 pm. (That message is already posted.) I could hear the 2nd one coming (rumbling and cracking sounds) a split-second before it reached, shook and rattled the 5-story building I'm in on the Peninsula de Santiago. The sounds I heard came from the hills and buildings across the street, which are level with and above the 4th floor that I'm in.
  • Sayulita, Nayarit, Mexico - felt sitting on beach chair on a sandy beach
  • GEOFON Near Coast Of Jalisco, Mexico Apr 22 18:11 4.7 10 MAP I Felt It
  • Puerto Vallarta - Short Jolt
  • Puerta Vallarta Mexico - Short duration ....
  • Puerto vallarta - Short burst, intence.
  • san sebastian del oeste jalisco mexico - very short but strong 2-3 jolts
  • Puerto Vallarta Mexico - concrete building of strong construction, shook about 4 times in a couple of seconds about 1:12 PM today
  • Puerto Vallarta - A fast one, we felt that the building was shaking, did not have any time to walk out the office, when we realized it was over.
  • Rincon de Guayabitos - I was sitting in DR and chair was rocking! Looked up to see ceiling fans swaying. 15 seconds maybe
  • La Peñita de Jaltemba - 18:08 UTC just one quick jolt. Not spectacular.
  • MEXICO - short duration but entire concrete apartment building shook-moderately-didn't have time to be afraid
  • cuyutlan - long time 20 seconds duration on the playa
  • Puerto Vallarta - Sitting at the dining table, a few quick jolts, over quickly. Could hear the windows rattle.
  • Nuevo Vallarta - One short jolt and window rattled.
  • Puerto Vallarta Jalisco Mex - Was on my computer and it and the coffee table started to gently sway and i could feel movement under my feet
  • Puerto Vallarta - I was sitting outside and heard the tin roof vibrating then felt the chair I was sitting on rock and shift
  • Bucerias, Nayarit, Mexico - Working at computer indoors, felt floor underneath my feet tremble for a few seconds. Office chair also moving. Very weak, yet pronounced.
  • GEOFON Peru-bolivia Border Region Apr 22 18:04 4.6 134 MAP I Felt It
    USGS Iran-iraq Border Region Apr 22 08:13 4.6 40 MAP I Felt It
    GEOFON North Indian Ocean Apr 22 03:17 5.0 10 MAP I Felt It
    EMSC North Indian Ocean Apr 22 03:17 4.9 2 MAP I Felt It
    USGS North Indian Ocean Apr 22 03:17 4.9 11 MAP I Felt It
    USGS Volcano Islands, Japan Region Apr 22 00:35 4.8 48 MAP I Felt It
    EMSC Volcano Islands, Japan Region Apr 22 00:35 4.8 60 MAP I Felt It

Earthquakes occurred yesterday (UTC time), but today local time

M 4.1      2012/04/21 19:51       Depth 111.6 km      HINDU KUSH REGION, AFGHANISTAN

seismograph - recordingUseful information to read this daily earthquake list
    This earthquake list covers important earthquakes in the world.
    If a more detailed page is present, the earthquake line will be linked to the detailed page.
    For your comfort, we will provide in most cases a Google Satellite Map to give you an idea where the earthquake struck, which terrain it happened and if villages or cities are located in the immediate vicinity. The multi-source approach has been setup to compare values as seismology is not an exact science and needs a lot of calculations. The reference for the time zone is UTC (Coordinated Universal Time, also called GMT). Color explanation if we add some details above the list :
    green color = NOT dangerous for damage or injuries
    orange color = MODERATE risk for damage or injuries
    red color = CONSIDERABLE risk for damage or injuries

QuakeSOS+ and QuakeSOS free are iPhone applications developed by Armand Vervaeck, the founder of Earthquake Report. The Application simplifies immediate group communication to friends and family members (with your exact GPS location) and is feeding the users with Earthquake Report news. The 0.99 US$ QuakeSOS+ version will support the activities of SOS Earthquakes.

a

Earthquake-Report.com headlines on twitter
    @OnlyQuakeNews : Get all the headlines of our earthquake-report.com articles + regular updates on ongoing events
    @QuakeSOS : earthquake-report.com news + automatic earthquake notifications of USGS earthquakes of M 4.0 or higher with emphasis to earthquakes in the America’s and the Pacific Ocean sphere (4 and up) and a lot of the rest of the world (5 and up). This account was created for our QuakeSOS and QuakeSOS+ iPhone applications
    @ShakingEarth : earthquake-report.com news + automatic earthquake notifications of EMSC earthquakes of M 4.0 or higher with emphasis to earthquakes in European and Asian / Middle East sphere (4 and up) and a lot of the rest of the world (5 and up). This account was originally created to stimulate our Facebook account
    @QuakeMaps : earthquake-report.com news with mapping notifications of ALL earthquakes M 3.0 and higher from all over the world via EMSC and USGS. This account was created for our http://www.quake-maps.com website

Comments

1. Pam Thornton says:

Is it me or have we gone back a few years here? I thought we were in 2014???

No Pam, Something is terribly wrong but nobody works in the weekends. Just from one sec to another the list sorting changed. But on the frontpage i have listed the M2.9 and more and they seem to list ok. Hop that a programmer can sort it out at the beginning of the week