See below for eventual update messages, problems etc.
IMPORTANT MESSAGE about the earthquake reports service
April 11 2016; We apologize for all the misery as after a software update some things really went wrong. After stopping the mail service for a couple of days (time to review what was wrong) the software people were convinced to have found it, so yesterday we restarted the service, only to see that the issue was not yet solved. We stopped it again.
We are truly sorry for the inconvenience this caused. We continue to search for the problem.
Update April 14, 08:17 UTC : After strenuous software debugging (the problems were due to a security software update), we will be gradually restore our service with today the immediate earthquake alerts. If everything runs smoothly it will be followed tomorrow by the hourly reports.
If anyone of the subscribers sees some irregularities like continuous receiving of the same alerts, please inform us by filling in this form. Thank you and our apologies for the misery some of you sustained the last week.
After subscribing to the earthquake area of your choice (see below for links to the detailed lists), you will receive an Email containing a satellite map (for immediate and 60 minute) together with the most important earthquake parameters.
The delivery speed is a big advantage of our alerts. If your delivery method is selected as "immediately", you will be informed of a new earthquake as soon as the first major agency has reported this earthquake. The early values are always "preliminary" and may be changed later on. The data are constantly updated on-line. To avoid an overkill in Emails, we will only send 1 email per earthquake.
This E-mail earthquake notification service is one of the only systems triggered from "multiple" seismological agencies.
Upon registration, you may choose the "Delivery frequency" (3 frequencies) AND the "minimum Magnitude" (from 2.5 until 6.0) you want to be informed from. To subscribe - click on the button just above the list of preference.
This is an example of how the frequency "immediate" Email will look like :
This is an example of how the frequency "each 60 minutes " Email will look like :
This is an example of how the frequency "daily" Email will look like :
Magnitude and depth are the main parameters of an earthquake. The combination of both and the area where they are occurring will determine whether they are dangerous or not.
Magnitude : at Earthquake-Report.com we are using values starting at 5.5 as potentially dangerous in locations with an historic proved high ground acceleration. In subduction zones (mostly volcanic zones like the Ring of Fire countries) we are especially alerted from 6.0.
Depth : If the depth of an hypocenter or focal depth (location in the underground where the rupture takes place) is less than 20 km, below a densely populated area and taking into account the above Magnitude description elements, we are almost certainly starting up an in-depth article as we consider these kind of earthquakes as "moderately to even very dangerous".
System messages for notification subscribers.
Due to a server crash at our hosting company (JustHost shared hosting server), the earthquake database was down for approx. 3 days. Both, "earthquake experiences" as well as "earthquake notifications" were based on this system. - As we are a non-profit organization working on an extremely limited budget, we have unfortunately not the funds to hire redundant dedicated servers (we hope that soon a good hearted funding partner will show up). Since we do not trust the former hosting company anymore (3 days down without serious communication), we have installed a backup on an account of a new provider. Lets hope that this provider will meet our requirements. We are aware of some other problems we have with the hourly and daily frequencies and will try to solve them later today. From now on, the mails will be delivered by MySMTP.eu. This company is a specialized email sender and is a goodwill partner of earthquake-report.com. We apologize once more for the interruption in our Earthquake notifications.
- Due to our database server breakdown, we were unable to send email notifications to our subscribers. We have the database running again via a backup and on another server. We still need to deploy a number of scripts and will be able to restart sending notification from April 20 PM. We truly apologize for what happened.
- We are currently also working on the hourly and daily frequencies. Subscribers may expect what they have hoped to receive within a couple of days.
- We finally have activated the 2 other frequencies (each hour and once a day). All 3 frequencies have different templates.
February 8, 2013
- A subscriber has informed us that he did not receive his 24 hour email anymore since Febr. 05. We are looking into this and will try to resolve it as fast as possible.
It will take us a few more days to complete this list
All COUNTRIES except USA
Afghanistan - Albania - Algeria - Antarctica – Argentina - Armenia – Australia – Azerbaijan – Bahamas - Bangladesh – Belgium – Belize – Bhutan - Bolivia – Brunei – Bulgaria - Burundi – Cambodia – Canada - Chile - China - Colombia - Congo DR - Costa Rica - Croatia – Denmark - Djibouti – Dominican Republic - Ecuador - Egypt - El Salvador – Eritrea - Ethiopia - Fiji – Finland - France - Georgia - Germany - Greece - Guatemala – Honduras – Hungary - India - Indonesia - Iran – Ireland - Israel - Italy – Jamaica - Japan - Kenya – Kermadec Islands – Kiribati – Korea (North and South) - Kyrgyzstan - Macedonia - Madagascar – Malaysia – Mariana Islands – Marshall Islands – Mauritius - Mexico – Micronesia – Mongolia - Morocco - Mozambique - Myanmar – Nauru – Nepal – Netherlands - New Caledonia – New Zealand – Nicaragua – Palau – Panama - Papua New Guinea - Paraguay - Peru - Philippines - Poland - Portugal - Puerto-Rico - Reunion (la) - Romania - Russia - Rwanda - Saudi Arabia – Samoa – Serbia – Singapore – Slovakia - Slovenia - Solomon Islands - Somalia - Spain - South Africa - Sudan – Sweden - Switzerland - Taiwan - Tajikistan - Tanzania - Thailand – Timor (East) - Tonga – Turkey - Turkmenistan – Tuvalu – Uganda – Ukraine – United Kingdom - Uzbekistan - Vanuatu - Venezuela - Vietnam – Wallis and Futuna – Yemen - Zambia - Zimbabwe -
- Alabama - Alaska - Arizona - Arkansas - California - Colorado - Connecticut - Delaware - Florida - Georgia - Hawaii - Idaho - Illinois - Indiana - Iowa - Kansas - Kentucky - Louisiana - Maine - Maryland - Massachusetts - Michigan - Minnesota - Mississipi - Missouri - Montana - Nebraska - Nevada - New Hampshire - New Jersey - New Mexico - New York - North Carolina - North Dakota - Ohio - Oklahoma – Oregon – Pennsylvania – Rhode Island – South Carolina – South Dakota – Tennessee – Texas – Vermont – Virginia – Washington – West Virginia – Wisconsin – Wyoming
Additional remarks and Frequently Asked Questions
- The selection of a weak Magnitude, a 24 hour delivery on a worldwide list would result in an avalanche of emails (each earthquake will generate an E-mail). A more selective Magnitude, delivery option and area of your interest will give the best result.
- As we have decided not to use a control panel or password, the parameters of your subscription can only be changed by canceling your subscription (link in each Email we send). To fine-tune your options, simply generate a new subscription.
- We will not share your E-mail with anyone else, it will be used only for earthquake notifications.
- Please make sure that you are white listing our emails (safe senders list) as otherwise they may be deviated to your spam folder by automatic systems.