India earthquake list + in-depth articles – भारत भूकंप सूची

Last update: July 16, 2012 at 7:18 am by By

The list below shows the last earthquakes in India
नीचे दी गई सूची से भारत में पिछले भूकंप कि  पता चलता है
Personalized E-mail earthquake alerts for this area.
Click on Subscribe to E-mail list of this page below and make your choice of ” delivery frequency” and “Magnitude”. Click here for more information.

In depth articles on India earthquakes written by Earthquake-Report.com
Earthquake near the India / Myanmar border (Manipur and Nagaland provinces) (July 15, 2012)
Moderate earthquake in Northern India (greater New Delhi area) (March 5, 2012)
Very strong damaging earthquake in the Nepal / Sikkim (India) border area
  (Sept. 18, 2011)
Understanding the very strong damaging Nepal/Sikkim earthquake (Sept. 18, 2011)
Nepal / Sikkim experiences – 3 countries, 3 different stories (Sept. 18, 2011)
The most impressive Image series of the Nepal / Sikkim Himalaya earthquake (Sept. 18, 2011)
More articles : see below

GEOFON Myanmar-india Border Region May 28 03:19 4.6 103 MAP I Felt It INFO
USGS Mid-indian Ridge May 27 04:23 5.1 10 MAP I Felt It
GEOFON Mid Indian Ridge May 27 04:23 5.0 10 MAP I Felt It
EMSC Mid-indian Ridge May 27 04:23 5.1 10 MAP I Felt It INFO
EMSC North Indian Ocean May 22 10:04 4.9 10 MAP I Felt It
GEOFON North Indian Ocean May 22 10:04 4.9 10 MAP I Felt It INFO
ER Just In : Earthquake In India? Felt It? May 21 16:32 0.1 10 MAP I Felt It INFO
USGS Paradip Garh, India May 21 16:21 5.9 44 MAP I Felt It
EMSC Myanmar-india Border Region Apr 04 06:57 4.1 53 MAP I Felt It
USGS North Vanlaiphai, India Apr 04 06:57 4.1 47 MAP I Felt It INFO
GEOFON Southwest Indian Ridge Apr 03 09:18 5.0 10 MAP I Felt It INFO
USGS Southwest Indian Ridge Apr 03 09:18 5.0 10 MAP I Felt It
EMSC Southwest Indian Ridge Apr 03 09:18 5.0 10 MAP I Felt It
EMSC Assam, India Apr 01 17:45 4.5 60 MAP I Felt It INFO
  • Guwahati - Nothing much. Was watching TV. Heard a deep rumble before things started shaking. It was over in a couple of seconds.
  • Tezpur University - About to fall asleep, suddenly got up hearing a powerful shaking sound, which was marginally strong which sustained for a few seconds!
  • guwahati - Felt the building shake little and the windows vibrate
  • Napaam, Sonitpur - I was watching TV at around 11. 15 PM and felt a streak of vibration and after few seconds it got stronger and shook intensively for longer duration.
  • Tezpur - It was a light shaking, but quite longish one. Not the sudden jolt that we normally experience in this region. And no aftershock/s.
  • GEOFON Northeastern India Apr 01 17:45 4.6 51 MAP I Felt It INFO
  • Tezpur - there was sound of vibration in the whole building. mild sound of shaking doors and windows for just two seconds but the ceiling fan stand still.feels like a heavy vehicle passes by the street. truly frightened.
  • USGS Hojai, India Apr 01 17:45 4.4 47 MAP I Felt It INFO
    GEOFON Nicobar Islands, India Region Mar 22 02:17 4.5 10 MAP I Felt It INFO
    EMSC Nicobar Islands, India Region Mar 22 02:17 4.5 10 MAP I Felt It INFO
    EMSC Nicobar Islands, India Region Mar 22 00:10 4.7 40 MAP I Felt It
    USGS Mohean, India Mar 22 00:10 4.8 29 MAP I Felt It
    GEOFON Nicobar Islands, India Region Mar 22 00:10 4.8 10 MAP I Felt It

डाटा स्रोत: USGSEMSCGFZGEONET
    Translation :  Google translation (please help us with a better translation – use the comment box below)

In depth articles on India earthquakes written by Earthquake-Report.com (continued)
    Earthquake in the Nepal / Sikkim (India) border area“I Have Felt It” reports
    (Sept. 18, 2011)
    Deadly earthquake Himalaya : 20 minutes news compilation video (Sept. 18, 2011)
    4.2 magnitude earthquake in the New Delhi, India (Sept. 7, 2011)
    Earthquake Chamoli district India : slight shaking felt until New Delhi (June 20, 2011)
    Strong earthquake in the Nepal-India border region (Apr. 4, 2011)
    Dangerous earthquake near the Myanmar / India border (Febr. 4, 2011)
    Killer earthquakes in India