India earthquake list + in-depth articles - भारत भूकंप सूची

Last update: July 16, 2012 at 7:18 am by By

The list below shows the last earthquakes in India
नीचे दी गई सूची से भारत में पिछले भूकंप कि  पता चलता है
Personalized E-mail earthquake alerts for this area.
Click on Subscribe to E-mail list of this page below and make your choice of " delivery frequency" and "Magnitude". Click here for more information.

In depth articles on India earthquakes written by Earthquake-Report.com
Earthquake near the India / Myanmar border (Manipur and Nagaland provinces) (July 15, 2012)
Moderate earthquake in Northern India (greater New Delhi area) (March 5, 2012)
Very strong damaging earthquake in the Nepal / Sikkim (India) border area
  (Sept. 18, 2011)
Understanding the very strong damaging Nepal/Sikkim earthquake (Sept. 18, 2011)
Nepal / Sikkim experiences – 3 countries, 3 different stories (Sept. 18, 2011)
The most impressive Image series of the Nepal / Sikkim Himalaya earthquake (Sept. 18, 2011)
More articles : see below

Label info : M = magnitude, D = depth (km), Time = UTC – India time = UTC +5:30
लेबल जानकारी : M = परिमाण, D = गहराई (मी), समय = यूटीसी भारत समय = यूटीसी +5:30
EMSC India-bangladesh Border Region Mar 21 15:40 3.9 37 MAP I Felt It INFO
EMSC Nicobar Islands, India Region Mar 19 08:57 4.6 40 MAP I Felt It
USGS Port Blair, India Mar 19 08:57 4.6 36 MAP I Felt It INFO
EMSC Andaman Islands, India Region Mar 18 15:58 4.5 10 MAP I Felt It INFO
USGS Port Blair, India Mar 17 14:01 4.9 49 MAP I Felt It INFO
EMSC Andaman Islands, India Region Mar 17 14:01 4.9 61 MAP I Felt It
GEOFON Andaman Islands, India Region Mar 17 14:01 4.8 60 MAP I Felt It INFO
EMSC Haryana - Delhi Region, India Mar 17 10:24 2.6 5 MAP I Felt It
USGS Tezu, India Mar 14 16:39 4.4 54 MAP I Felt It INFO
EMSC Myanmar-india Border Region Mar 14 16:39 4.4 54 MAP I Felt It INFO
  • Yangon - Was lying in bed on 11th floor and building started swaying. Lasted a good 30seconds. People evacuated the building as a precaution.
  • USGS Mohean, India Mar 14 02:51 6.0 10 MAP I Felt It
    EMSC Mid-indian Ridge Feb 09 08:31 5.0 10 MAP I Felt It
    GEOFON Mid Indian Ridge Feb 09 08:31 4.9 10 MAP I Felt It INFO
    USGS Pipalkoti, India Feb 06 17:03 5.6 14 MAP I Felt It
    EMSC Uttaranchal, India Feb 06 17:03 5.6 10 MAP I Felt It INFO
  • Chandigarh - Very minor. No damage caused
  • New Delhi - Strong shaking
  • Karnal - We were about to sleep. Time was 10:35 pm aprox and i feel shaking of my bed and water moment in water bottel( transperent) when i talk to my frnds on whatsapp chat, many feel the same.
  • Dehradun - I was sitting on my bed working on my laptop,it was around 10:40 pm and suddenly I felt my bed was shaking(weak) then it was only after I got off from my bed that I came to realised that we were experiencing an earthquake.
  • New Delhi - Was laying in bed when the bed started shaking. Lasted for about 10 seconds or so
  • Gurgaon - Few of my colleagues felt it. Not me
  • Panchkula - Though it lasted for a brief 5 seconds, the bed shook and the windows rattled!
  • Chandigarh - I was asleep and bed started to shake and woke me up.
  • New Delhi - no damage
  • Noida, Uttar Pradesh - Not a very strong one, probably somewhere between weak or light shaking, so I'd say about a low-5 magnitude. No damage caused, no aftershocks felt yet.
  • Gurgaon - In hotel, whole building started moving side to side
  • Palwal - Building shook for few seconds, felt heavily on 6th floor
  • New Delhi - Around 22:40 Felt quake The bed was shaking
  • New Delhi - tremor lasted for maybe 10seconds
  • Delhi - No damage, shaking stay for 30-45 second
  • Haryana - It shaked only twice.... the time was near 10:30 pm....
  • New Delhi - My bed was shaking for a few seconds
  • Punjab - Light shaking.Slight noise of window panes, I thought it may be wind but then I saw one of the wall hangig swing. The intensity was not much as ceiling fans did not did not oscillate.
  • Roorkee - i awake and just jump out , its shaking ... but thank God no damage. hope everybody will be well too.
  • Noida - all the fans and hanging objects were swinging.No damage caused. the intensity felt like a truck passing by or being light headed.
  • New Delhi - My wife and my daughter felt that only for few seconds. It was very weak..
  • Dehra Dun - as my dog was barking continuously! I came out on the tarrace to see and as I was stepping back inside the TV console and fan started shaking and the floor too was wobbly! so I ran out again called neighbours and servants to come out.Everyone was out for few minutes.TV is on and watching for the epicentre.
  • New Delhi - Strong shaking was experienced here, lasting approx. for 20-25secs. Every thing in my flat was shaking the bed, appliances etc.
  • Gurgaon - I felt the tremors but I was stoned.. so i just said.. bom bholey and went on to watching Friends. :) everybody seems to be OK around here
  • Punjab - Bed shaking
  • Patiala - I was sleeping in my hostel room suddenly my bed starting shaking...it was strong shaking...all the hostel girls started moving out of their rooms...it was for the first time I clearly sensed an earthquake.....it was just😲
  • Shimla - Quite strong shaking the whole building trembled as all the residents rushed out of their flats.
  • Lohaghat - I was see movie then my pc table hilne lga or muje lga movie m ho raha h aesa bhar jakr dekha to sb log bhar aaye hue the
  • Zirakpur - I live on 6th floor and I felt strong shaking of sofa and main door.It was for short duration but noticeable. Thanks to God for saving all with no demage at all.
  • Bageshwar - I was lying on my bed when I felt movement twice
  • Gurgaon - It was a well experienced earthquake...
  • Chandigarh - The time duration is for few seconds only.
  • Ghaziabad - I was seating suddenly the bed started shaking.
  • Amritsar - minor
    GEOFON Nicobar Islands, India Region Jan 05 20:28 4.5 201 MAP I Felt It INFO
    GEOFON Indian Ocean Triple Junction Jan 04 14:43 4.7 10 MAP I Felt It INFO
    EMSC Indian Ocean Triple Junction Jan 04 14:43 4.7 33 MAP I Felt It INFO
    GEOFON Myanmar-india Border Region Jan 03 18:49 5.1 90 MAP I Felt It INFO
    USGS Ambasa, India Jan 03 09:09 5.5 36 MAP I Felt It
  • Kolkata - Felt it
  • Dharmanagar - I was lying on bed in 1st floor and my parents were in ground floor! It was felt in a quite obvious manner as everything was shaking, less severe in comparison to last year Nepal disaster which I experienced being in Siliguri! No damage to property as such!
  • AGARTALA - i was taking bath.. suddenly the tiles of the bathroom was like shaking n the water in the bucket rippled fot a few second..i coudn't go out :D but yah we should hv quake anticipation system.. otherwise oneday.... :
  • khowai - (when i watcing tv sudden everything shaking i shocked and panic shouting and my mom kitchen room cooking i am running out from homr and talk to my mom eathquke go out home and outside seen that tree,pond everything shaking
  • Agartala - very strongly felt
  • Siliguri - There was a slight jolt.. I noticed the water in the bottles and they were shaking..
  • Shillong - I was cooking and I realized that the utensils was making some sounds. My mom shouted...
  • GEOFON India-bangladesh Border Region Jan 03 09:09 5.6 36 MAP I Felt It
  • Agartala - Everything was shaking
  • Agartala - Was reading the book when my desk shaked and everybody was terrified in my house.
  • Dhaka, BUET - No casualty or no damage of property.
  • EMSC Tripura, India Region Jan 03 09:08 5.6 35 MAP I Felt It INFO
  • Dhubri - A Bit strong shake lasted for around a minute had a feeling that it stroke twice
  • Comilla Sadar - This is Towkid from Comilla, Bangladesh. Felt couple of slight shaking. The first one lasted for about couple of seconds. But the second one was about 30 seconds long. People running outta houses. But no damage whatsoever...
  • sylhet - very strong but time length is 10 to 20 sec
  • Siliguri Jalpaiguri - shook for a few seconds consistently but was not felt by most in ground floor, I was in second floor
  • Jalpaiguri - Moderate tremors. Bed and sofa was shaking
  • Agartala,Tripura - I was in first floor.Every thing around me was shaking strongly for few second.
  • Tushar Dhara R/A ,Dhaka -1362 - I want to know about the earthqueak . Please send me
  • USGS Southwest Indian Ridge Jan 02 00:13 5.1 10 MAP I Felt It INFO
    USGS Serchhip, India Oct 26 06:29 4.7 41 MAP I Felt It INFO
    EMSC India-bangladesh Border Region Oct 26 06:29 4.8 40 MAP I Felt It INFO
    USGS Mohean, India Oct 25 22:00 4.8 10 MAP I Felt It INFO
    EMSC Nicobar Islands, India Region Oct 25 22:00 4.8 10 MAP I Felt It INFO
    GEOFON Nicobar Islands, India Region Oct 25 22:00 4.9 10 MAP I Felt It INFO

डाटा स्रोत: USGSEMSCGFZGEONET
    Translation :  Google translation (please help us with a better translation - use the comment box below)

In depth articles on India earthquakes written by Earthquake-Report.com (continued)
    Earthquake in the Nepal / Sikkim (India) border area“I Have Felt It” reports
    (Sept. 18, 2011)
    Deadly earthquake Himalaya : 20 minutes news compilation video (Sept. 18, 2011)
    4.2 magnitude earthquake in the New Delhi, India (Sept. 7, 2011)
    Earthquake Chamoli district India : slight shaking felt until New Delhi (June 20, 2011)
    Strong earthquake in the Nepal-India border region (Apr. 4, 2011)
    Dangerous earthquake near the Myanmar / India border (Febr. 4, 2011)
    Killer earthquakes in India