India earthquake list + in-depth articles – भारत भूकंप सूची

Last update: July 16, 2012 at 7:18 am by By

The list below shows the last earthquakes in India
नीचे दी गई सूची से भारत में पिछले भूकंप कि  पता चलता है
Personalized E-mail earthquake alerts for this area.
Click on Subscribe to E-mail list of this page below and make your choice of ” delivery frequency” and “Magnitude”. Click here for more information.

In depth articles on India earthquakes written by Earthquake-Report.com
Earthquake near the India / Myanmar border (Manipur and Nagaland provinces) (July 15, 2012)
Moderate earthquake in Northern India (greater New Delhi area) (March 5, 2012)
Very strong damaging earthquake in the Nepal / Sikkim (India) border area
  (Sept. 18, 2011)
Understanding the very strong damaging Nepal/Sikkim earthquake (Sept. 18, 2011)
Nepal / Sikkim experiences – 3 countries, 3 different stories (Sept. 18, 2011)
The most impressive Image series of the Nepal / Sikkim Himalaya earthquake (Sept. 18, 2011)
More articles : see below

Label info : M = magnitude, D = depth (km), Time = UTC – India time = UTC +5:30
लेबल जानकारी : M = परिमाण, D = गहराई (मी), समय = यूटीसी भारत समय = यूटीसी +5:30
USGS Myanmar-india Border Region Nov 21 16:11 4.7 61 MAP I Felt It INFO
EMSC Myanmar-india Border Region Nov 21 16:11 4.7 68 MAP I Felt It
USGS Khawhai, India Nov 20 18:14 5.6 47 MAP I Felt It
EMSC Myanmar-india Border Region Nov 20 18:14 5.6 45 MAP I Felt It
GEOFON Myanmar-india Border Region Nov 20 18:14 5.7 49 MAP I Felt It INFO
  • Mizoram - Weak shake 2 second
  • Aizawl - Shaking building with some sound
  • Lunglei - Waking up some people. Shaking of buildings. No damage reported
  • Guwahati - Shaking building. Lasted for about 10 seconds.
  • Moreh - was working on my computer. at about 2345, as i stood up to go to bed, I felt the earth shake. my table, chair and laptop also started shaking. it lasted for 2-3 seconds. woke my wife and daughter and rushed out of the room. after waiting outside for about 30mins, returned to the room and went to sleep. first experience of an earthquake for me.
  • Dhaka - No damage
  • Mission Veng - I was sitting in front of my desktop PC. Around 11:45 pm (20.11.2014) all of a sudden there was a very strong shake for about 1/2 seconds and then it stopped for around five seconds and then came back for around 1/2 seconds as strong as the first one.
  • Gazipur - It was a very mild earthquake.
  • EMSC Nicobar Islands, India Region Nov 20 06:05 5.1 2 MAP I Felt It
    EMSC Andaman Islands, India Region Oct 12 03:32 4.8 137 MAP I Felt It
    GEOFON Andaman Islands, India Region Oct 12 03:32 5.2 10 MAP I Felt It INFO
    USGS Mohean, India Oct 11 16:09 4.5 35 MAP I Felt It
    EMSC Nicobar Islands, India Region Oct 11 16:09 4.4 10 MAP I Felt It INFO
    USGS Mohean, India Oct 09 20:34 4.6 10 MAP I Felt It INFO

डाटा स्रोत: USGSEMSCGFZGEONET
    Translation :  Google translation (please help us with a better translation – use the comment box below)

In depth articles on India earthquakes written by Earthquake-Report.com (continued)
    Earthquake in the Nepal / Sikkim (India) border area“I Have Felt It” reports
    (Sept. 18, 2011)
    Deadly earthquake Himalaya : 20 minutes news compilation video (Sept. 18, 2011)
    4.2 magnitude earthquake in the New Delhi, India (Sept. 7, 2011)
    Earthquake Chamoli district India : slight shaking felt until New Delhi (June 20, 2011)
    Strong earthquake in the Nepal-India border region (Apr. 4, 2011)
    Dangerous earthquake near the Myanmar / India border (Febr. 4, 2011)
    Killer earthquakes in India