India earthquake list + in-depth articles - भारत भूकंप सूची

Last update: July 16, 2012 at 7:18 am by By

The list below shows the last earthquakes in India
नीचे दी गई सूची से भारत में पिछले भूकंप कि  पता चलता है
Personalized E-mail earthquake alerts for this area.
Click on Subscribe to E-mail list of this page below and make your choice of " delivery frequency" and "Magnitude". Click here for more information.

In depth articles on India earthquakes written by Earthquake-Report.com
Earthquake near the India / Myanmar border (Manipur and Nagaland provinces) (July 15, 2012)
Moderate earthquake in Northern India (greater New Delhi area) (March 5, 2012)
Very strong damaging earthquake in the Nepal / Sikkim (India) border area
  (Sept. 18, 2011)
Understanding the very strong damaging Nepal/Sikkim earthquake (Sept. 18, 2011)
Nepal / Sikkim experiences – 3 countries, 3 different stories (Sept. 18, 2011)
The most impressive Image series of the Nepal / Sikkim Himalaya earthquake (Sept. 18, 2011)
More articles : see below

USGS Bhadarwah, India May 19 00:02 4.5 42 MAP I Felt It
EMSC Himachal Pradesh, India May 19 00:02 4.5 50 MAP I Felt It INFO
GEOFON Kashmir-india Border Region May 19 00:02 4.5 10 MAP I Felt It INFO
EMSC Himachal Pradesh, India May 18 21:53 2.8 5 MAP I Felt It
EMSC Myanmar-india Border Region May 18 08:43 4.0 75 MAP I Felt It INFO
  • Paro - Tremour 10 minutes ago
  • Thimphu - It was shaking like anything.
  • GEOFON Mid Indian Ridge May 17 22:42 4.7 10 MAP I Felt It INFO
    GEOFON Andaman Islands, India Region Apr 05 16:44 5.1 47 MAP I Felt It INFO
    GEOFON Mid Indian Ridge Apr 03 07:19 5.3 10 MAP I Felt It
    EMSC Mid-indian Ridge Apr 03 07:19 5.3 10 MAP I Felt It INFO
    GEOFON North Indian Ocean Apr 02 15:02 4.7 10 MAP I Felt It INFO
    EMSC Assam, India Mar 30 03:40 3.5 24 MAP I Felt It INFO
    EMSC Assam, India Mar 29 19:14 3.5 18 MAP I Felt It INFO
  • Guwahati - Yesterday night between 11:30 to 12:30 when we all were sleeping I felt a weak shaking that lasted for about 30 seconds. I called my family members but no one believed and said I must have been hallucinating as I was sleeping. By the e way, was it true. Please put on news!
  • Guwahati - .
    USGS Port Blair, India Mar 17 14:01 4.9 49 MAP I Felt It INFO
    EMSC Andaman Islands, India Region Mar 17 14:01 4.9 61 MAP I Felt It
    GEOFON Andaman Islands, India Region Mar 17 14:01 4.8 60 MAP I Felt It INFO
    EMSC Haryana - Delhi Region, India Mar 17 10:24 2.6 5 MAP I Felt It
    USGS Tezu, India Mar 14 16:39 4.4 54 MAP I Felt It INFO
    EMSC Myanmar-india Border Region Mar 14 16:39 4.4 54 MAP I Felt It INFO
  • Yangon - Was lying in bed on 11th floor and building started swaying. Lasted a good 30seconds. People evacuated the building as a precaution.
  • USGS Mohean, India Mar 14 02:51 6.0 10 MAP I Felt It
    EMSC Mid-indian Ridge Feb 09 08:31 5.0 10 MAP I Felt It
    GEOFON Mid Indian Ridge Feb 09 08:31 4.9 10 MAP I Felt It INFO
    USGS Pipalkoti, India Feb 06 17:03 5.6 14 MAP I Felt It
    EMSC Uttaranchal, India Feb 06 17:03 5.6 10 MAP I Felt It INFO
  • Chandigarh - Very minor. No damage caused
  • New Delhi - Strong shaking
  • Karnal - We were about to sleep. Time was 10:35 pm aprox and i feel shaking of my bed and water moment in water bottel( transperent) when i talk to my frnds on whatsapp chat, many feel the same.
  • Dehradun - I was sitting on my bed working on my laptop,it was around 10:40 pm and suddenly I felt my bed was shaking(weak) then it was only after I got off from my bed that I came to realised that we were experiencing an earthquake.
  • New Delhi - Was laying in bed when the bed started shaking. Lasted for about 10 seconds or so
  • Gurgaon - Few of my colleagues felt it. Not me
  • Panchkula - Though it lasted for a brief 5 seconds, the bed shook and the windows rattled!
  • Chandigarh - I was asleep and bed started to shake and woke me up.
  • New Delhi - no damage
  • Noida, Uttar Pradesh - Not a very strong one, probably somewhere between weak or light shaking, so I'd say about a low-5 magnitude. No damage caused, no aftershocks felt yet.
  • Gurgaon - In hotel, whole building started moving side to side
  • Palwal - Building shook for few seconds, felt heavily on 6th floor
  • New Delhi - Around 22:40 Felt quake The bed was shaking
  • New Delhi - tremor lasted for maybe 10seconds
  • Delhi - No damage, shaking stay for 30-45 second
  • Haryana - It shaked only twice.... the time was near 10:30 pm....
  • New Delhi - My bed was shaking for a few seconds
  • Punjab - Light shaking.Slight noise of window panes, I thought it may be wind but then I saw one of the wall hangig swing. The intensity was not much as ceiling fans did not did not oscillate.
  • Roorkee - i awake and just jump out , its shaking ... but thank God no damage. hope everybody will be well too.
  • Noida - all the fans and hanging objects were swinging.No damage caused. the intensity felt like a truck passing by or being light headed.
  • New Delhi - My wife and my daughter felt that only for few seconds. It was very weak..
  • Dehra Dun - as my dog was barking continuously! I came out on the tarrace to see and as I was stepping back inside the TV console and fan started shaking and the floor too was wobbly! so I ran out again called neighbours and servants to come out.Everyone was out for few minutes.TV is on and watching for the epicentre.
  • New Delhi - Strong shaking was experienced here, lasting approx. for 20-25secs. Every thing in my flat was shaking the bed, appliances etc.
  • Gurgaon - I felt the tremors but I was stoned.. so i just said.. bom bholey and went on to watching Friends. :) everybody seems to be OK around here
  • Punjab - Bed shaking
  • Patiala - I was sleeping in my hostel room suddenly my bed starting shaking...it was strong shaking...all the hostel girls started moving out of their rooms...it was for the first time I clearly sensed an earthquake.....it was just😲
  • Shimla - Quite strong shaking the whole building trembled as all the residents rushed out of their flats.
  • Lohaghat - I was see movie then my pc table hilne lga or muje lga movie m ho raha h aesa bhar jakr dekha to sb log bhar aaye hue the
  • Zirakpur - I live on 6th floor and I felt strong shaking of sofa and main door.It was for short duration but noticeable. Thanks to God for saving all with no demage at all.
  • Bageshwar - I was lying on my bed when I felt movement twice
  • Gurgaon - It was a well experienced earthquake...
  • Chandigarh - The time duration is for few seconds only.
  • Ghaziabad - I was seating suddenly the bed started shaking.
  • Amritsar - minor
  • Sitarganj (usn) - Iwas reading for my test and suddenly it started shaking
  • GEOFON Western-xizang India Border Reg. Feb 06 17:03 5.3 10 MAP I Felt It
    GEOFON Southwest Indian Ridge Jan 31 11:43 5.3 10 MAP I Felt It
    EMSC Southwest Indian Ridge Jan 31 11:43 4.8 10 MAP I Felt It INFO
    USGS Southwest Indian Ridge Jan 31 11:43 4.8 10 MAP I Felt It
    USGS Indian Ocean Triple Junction Jan 30 22:13 4.5 10 MAP I Felt It INFO
    EMSC Indian Ocean Triple Junction Jan 30 22:13 4.5 10 MAP I Felt It INFO
    GEOFON Indian Ocean Triple Junction Jan 30 22:13 4.8 10 MAP I Felt It INFO
    EMSC Western Indian-antarctic Ridge Jan 30 19:08 4.8 10 MAP I Felt It INFO

डाटा स्रोत: USGSEMSCGFZGEONET
    Translation :  Google translation (please help us with a better translation - use the comment box below)

In depth articles on India earthquakes written by Earthquake-Report.com (continued)
    Earthquake in the Nepal / Sikkim (India) border area“I Have Felt It” reports
    (Sept. 18, 2011)
    Deadly earthquake Himalaya : 20 minutes news compilation video (Sept. 18, 2011)
    4.2 magnitude earthquake in the New Delhi, India (Sept. 7, 2011)
    Earthquake Chamoli district India : slight shaking felt until New Delhi (June 20, 2011)
    Strong earthquake in the Nepal-India border region (Apr. 4, 2011)
    Dangerous earthquake near the Myanmar / India border (Febr. 4, 2011)
    Killer earthquakes in India