India earthquake list + in-depth articles – भारत भूकंप सूची

Last update: July 16, 2012 at 7:18 am by By

The list below shows the last earthquakes in India
नीचे दी गई सूची से भारत में पिछले भूकंप कि  पता चलता है
Personalized E-mail earthquake alerts for this area.
Click on Subscribe to E-mail list of this page below and make your choice of ” delivery frequency” and “Magnitude”. Click here for more information.

In depth articles on India earthquakes written by Earthquake-Report.com
Earthquake near the India / Myanmar border (Manipur and Nagaland provinces) (July 15, 2012)
Moderate earthquake in Northern India (greater New Delhi area) (March 5, 2012)
Very strong damaging earthquake in the Nepal / Sikkim (India) border area
  (Sept. 18, 2011)
Understanding the very strong damaging Nepal/Sikkim earthquake (Sept. 18, 2011)
Nepal / Sikkim experiences – 3 countries, 3 different stories (Sept. 18, 2011)
The most impressive Image series of the Nepal / Sikkim Himalaya earthquake (Sept. 18, 2011)
More articles : see below

Label info : M = magnitude, D = depth (km), Time = UTC – India time = UTC +5:30
लेबल जानकारी : M = परिमाण, D = गहराई (मी), समय = यूटीसी भारत समय = यूटीसी +5:30
EMSC Nepal-india Border Region Apr 25 23:16 5.6 10 MAP I Felt It
  • delhi - table and computers started shaking ,for 1 minute but then evreything settled down
  • GEOFON Nepal-india Border Region Apr 25 23:16 5.4 10 MAP I Felt It INFO
    USGS Port Blair, India Apr 23 23:58 4.9 28 MAP I Felt It
    EMSC Andaman Islands, India Region Apr 23 23:58 4.9 30 MAP I Felt It
    GEOFON Andaman Islands, India Region Apr 23 23:58 4.7 10 MAP I Felt It INFO
    USGS Bamboo Flat, India Apr 21 00:17 5.2 26 MAP I Felt It
    EMSC Andaman Islands, India Region Apr 21 00:17 5.1 30 MAP I Felt It
    GEOFON Andaman Islands, India Region Apr 21 00:17 5.2 10 MAP I Felt It INFO
    EMSC Assam, India Apr 16 22:05 4.9 60 MAP I Felt It
  • Gurgaon - felt a quick tremor of the centre of gravity in the room for like half a second.
  • Topatoli - Less than 5 secs at 4:00am today
    GEOFON North Indian Ocean Apr 03 06:04 4.9 10 MAP I Felt It
    EMSC North Indian Ocean Apr 03 06:04 4.9 10 MAP I Felt It INFO
    GEOFON Western-xizang India Border Reg. Apr 01 21:23 4.9 10 MAP I Felt It INFO
    USGS Pipalkoti, India Apr 01 21:23 4.9 10 MAP I Felt It
    EMSC Uttaranchal, India Apr 01 21:23 4.9 2 MAP I Felt It
  • Pantnagar - Experienced at 3 am
  • New Delhi - Working at office at night - i felt the g waves - and I also checked bottled waters not only on my desk - but others cubicle - I am sure this is an Earth quake - very mild though 2 seconds + 2 seconds gap + 2 seconds..
  • Dehradun - At 2:30 PM, I woke up cause I felt my bed shaking
    USGS South Indian Ocean Feb 27 19:02 4.9 13 MAP I Felt It INFO
    USGS Nicobar Islands, India Region Feb 26 18:52 4.4 29 MAP I Felt It INFO
    EMSC Nicobar Islands, India Region Feb 26 18:52 4.4 30 MAP I Felt It INFO
    USGS Port Blair, India Feb 23 06:32 4.5 29 MAP I Felt It INFO
    EMSC Andaman Islands, India Region Feb 23 06:32 4.5 30 MAP I Felt It
    USGS Kargil, India Feb 15 14:14 4.7 47 MAP I Felt It INFO
  • kargil - no damage ......as the earthquake just lasted for 3 seconds only but would have created havoc if it had lasted few second longer....shaking was quite strong.
  • USGS Churachandpur, India Feb 12 14:33 4.8 58 MAP I Felt It INFO
    EMSC Andaman Islands, India Region Nov 28 01:18 5.2 45 MAP I Felt It
    GEOFON Andaman Islands, India Region Nov 28 01:18 4.9 46 MAP I Felt It INFO
    EMSC Southeast Indian Ridge Nov 22 16:33 4.9 10 MAP I Felt It
    GEOFON Southeast Indian Ridge Nov 22 16:33 5.1 10 MAP I Felt It INFO
    USGS Southeast Indian Ridge Nov 22 16:33 5.0 10 MAP I Felt It

डाटा स्रोत: USGSEMSCGFZGEONET
    Translation :  Google translation (please help us with a better translation – use the comment box below)

In depth articles on India earthquakes written by Earthquake-Report.com (continued)
    Earthquake in the Nepal / Sikkim (India) border area“I Have Felt It” reports
    (Sept. 18, 2011)
    Deadly earthquake Himalaya : 20 minutes news compilation video (Sept. 18, 2011)
    4.2 magnitude earthquake in the New Delhi, India (Sept. 7, 2011)
    Earthquake Chamoli district India : slight shaking felt until New Delhi (June 20, 2011)
    Strong earthquake in the Nepal-India border region (Apr. 4, 2011)
    Dangerous earthquake near the Myanmar / India border (Febr. 4, 2011)
    Killer earthquakes in India