Oklahoma earthquakes list + Oklahoma in-depth earthquake articles

Last update: April 16, 2013 at 8:31 am by By

Back to the Region / Country  OVERVIEW page
The list below shows the Oklahoma earthquakes

In depth articles on Oklahoma earthquakes written by Earthquake-Report.com
- 2 earthquakes (1 minor and 1 moderate) hit Luther, Oklahoma (April 16, 2013)
- Earthquake in the Oklahoma City Area, Oklahoma (February 27, 2013)
- Oklahoma / Tulsa M 4.7 and M 5.6 earthquakes + November 7 aftershocks (November 5, 2011)
- Unusual moderate earthquake near Oklohoma City (October 13, 2010)

TRY our unique ER Twitter @Quake_TrackerOK, reporting only Oregon
(including portions of the neighbouring states and the Pacific Ocean).
Probably the only one in the world combining earthquakes with I Have Felt It
reports
 coming from our readers. Try us, you will not regret it.
Online since December 21, 2012

Label info : M = magnitude, D = depth (km), Time = UTC – Oklahoma = UTC – 6

EMSC Oklahoma Apr 24 17:46 3.2 5 MAP I Felt It INFO
USGS Alva, Oklahoma Apr 24 17:46 3.2 5 MAP I Felt It INFO
EMSC Oklahoma Apr 23 15:35 3.1 5 MAP I Felt It INFO
USGS Alva, Oklahoma Apr 23 15:35 3.1 5 MAP I Felt It INFO
USGS Enid, Oklahoma Apr 22 21:02 2.7 5 MAP I Felt It
EMSC Oklahoma Apr 22 21:02 2.7 5 MAP I Felt It
USGS Medford, Oklahoma Apr 22 17:35 2.5 5 MAP I Felt It
EMSC Oklahoma Apr 22 09:57 3.3 8 MAP I Felt It
USGS Edmond, Oklahoma Apr 22 09:57 3.3 8 MAP I Felt It INFO
  • Oklahoma City - Brief jolt that woke me up from slumber...
  • USGS Langston, Oklahoma Apr 22 08:04 3.1 6 MAP I Felt It INFO
    EMSC Oklahoma Apr 22 08:04 3.1 6 MAP I Felt It
    USGS Enid, Oklahoma Apr 21 18:16 3.2 5 MAP I Felt It INFO
  • Tulsa - i feel bed or couch vibrate where i am laying , almost everyday. and then sure enough i have felt another quake.....this is such a freaky feeling......upstairs apt.
  • EMSC Oklahoma Apr 21 18:16 3.2 5 MAP I Felt It
    USGS Guthrie, Oklahoma Apr 20 19:31 3.7 8 MAP I Felt It
    EMSC Oklahoma Apr 20 19:07 4.0 8 MAP I Felt It
  • Oklahoma City - shaking and loud pop
  • Edmond - It felt like something struck my house which I was in when it occurred. I could hear what sounded as a rumbling for about 30 seconds after the shaking.
  • Oklahoma City - While sitting on a couch I felt up and down vibration for about 30 seconds with maybe 6 cycles of up and down.
  • USGS Edmond, Oklahoma Apr 20 19:07 4.0 7 MAP I Felt It INFO
    USGS Enid, Oklahoma Apr 19 18:11 3.0 3 MAP I Felt It
    EMSC Oklahoma Apr 19 18:11 3.0 4 MAP I Felt It INFO
    USGS Perry, Oklahoma Apr 19 10:43 4.0 4 MAP I Felt It INFO
  • Stillwater, OK - No property damage. Shook bed and pictures on the wall. Windows creaked.
  • Perry - Strongest one felt this month. Some items fell from shelves
  • Perry, Oklahoma - Visiting Perry and the shaking woke me up in my motel room. It was short but long enough that I wondered if I should run downstairs in my pajamas.
  • Perry - I'm a sound sleeper but dang that was a nice one.
  • Perry OK - It was scary woke us up in our hotel room
  • Yukon - Pictures rattled on the walls 1142 am April 19 2014
  • Norman, OK - Shook my bed.
  • EMSC Oklahoma Apr 19 10:43 4.0 4 MAP I Felt It
    USGS Perry, Oklahoma Apr 14 18:42 2.5 5 MAP I Felt It
    USGS Perry, Oklahoma Apr 14 18:20 2.6 5 MAP I Felt It
    EMSC Oklahoma Apr 14 18:20 2.6 5 MAP I Felt It
    EMSC Oklahoma Apr 14 13:17 3.0 9 MAP I Felt It
    USGS Guthrie, Oklahoma Apr 14 13:17 3.0 8 MAP I Felt It INFO
    USGS Guthrie, Oklahoma Apr 13 20:02 3.7 6 MAP I Felt It
  • tulsa - Slight shimmer as with being on a ferry docking.
  • EMSC Oklahoma Apr 13 20:02 3.7 6 MAP I Felt It INFO
    EMSC Oklahoma Apr 13 17:23 2.9 5 MAP I Felt It
    USGS Guthrie, Oklahoma Apr 13 17:23 2.9 5 MAP I Felt It
    USGS Guthrie, Oklahoma Apr 13 17:00 3.8 7 MAP I Felt It
    EMSC Oklahoma Apr 13 17:00 3.8 7 MAP I Felt It INFO
    USGS Edmond, Oklahoma Apr 13 13:10 2.5 6 MAP I Felt It
    EMSC Oklahoma Apr 13 13:10 2.5 6 MAP I Felt It
    USGS Oklahoma Apr 13 02:39 2.5 6 MAP I Felt It
    EMSC Oklahoma Apr 13 02:39 2.5 6 MAP I Felt It
    USGS Medford, Oklahoma Apr 12 22:38 3.0 4 MAP I Felt It
    EMSC Oklahoma Apr 12 22:38 3.0 5 MAP I Felt It INFO
    USGS Langston, Oklahoma Apr 12 16:13 3.3 5 MAP I Felt It
    EMSC Oklahoma Apr 12 16:13 3.3 5 MAP I Felt It INFO

Have you felt an earthquake ? Tell us

Comments

1. Mister Peach says:

Why is it that the overwhelming majority of these quakes happening very late in the night or very early in the morning?

There is no reason to give for this (at this moment). As you can see in our list below, they happen during day and night everywhere in the world all the time. Lets call it a coincidense that you have another perception :)

• Mister Peach says:

Here in Oklahoma, some news sources have questioned whether injection wells are contributing to these quakes. Are these wells actually causing quakes and are they run at night to reduce engine overheating generated by the process?

Well …. Oklahoma is of course a seismically active state. So the frackers will tell it is tectonic, something like cancer and cigarettes. Who is to blame for the cancer. Even frackers agree that injecting wastewater in the underground can generate earthquakes up to M4 so far (our experience). Only injecting wastewater at night looks technically silly to us though. The mistery will probably go on for a little while until more evidence is found

• Please take a look at my site. I have been researching a phenomenon called the Mystery Booms which seems to be related to meteors but according to earthquake-report.com it seems people are mistaking Meteor explosions for earthquakes depending on how you experienced it. these explosions can cause 3.0 earthquake like rumbles which are very short and sharp. I have found many people reporting hearing a Booms with what they think is an earthquake. Ever since the meteor explosion in Russia there seems to be in increase of Fireball explosions and it seems that it happens in the same region months or weeks between happen mainly at night and morning hours. Please visit the American Meteor Society to see the increase. If you have heard a boom and think its an earthquake please report it to earthquake-report.com or AMS so the authorities can investigate. To learn more just type in the key word “Mystery Booms” on u-tube, Thank you.

2. TJ says:

I was on the second floor of my house. It was centered very close to me. Thought a car ran into my house.

3. Helena-Sophia Exel says:

Aloha!
      Looking at the ‘IRIS’ Seismic Monitor there was a Mag 5.6 Earthquake on Nov 17th at 04:48:57 located in Oklahoma. Now I am wondering why USGS does not report this quake? The one they are reporting struck at a different time and was much smaller. Here is the IRIS quake:
      Is there any more information available?

Mahalo Nui Loa for everything You do!

Helena-Sophia

Looks, like they can make errors too :) – Of this would have been the case, we would have been inundated with hundreds of experience reports. Thanks Helena-Sophia for telling us , we appreciate it