Alaska earthquakes list + Alaska earthquakes in-depth articles

Last update: April 27, 2012 at 1:06 pm by By

The list below shows the latest Alaska earthquakes

In depth articles on Alaska earthquakes written by Earthquake-Report.com in 2011  (earlier see below)
- Massive earthquake on the subduction slopes of unpopulated Alaskan Islands (September 2, 2011)
- Massive (scary) Alaskan earthquake in an unpopulated area (June 23, 2011)
- Understanding the Magnitude 7.2 Alaska earthquake (June 23, 2011)
- Moderate earthquake at an intermediate depth triggers a weak shaking in Anchorage, Alaska (June 16, 2011)
- Very strong earthquake close to Sand Point, Alaska, United States (February 2, 2011)

Label info : M = magnitude, D = depth (km), Time = UTC – Alaska time = UTC – 9

USGS Larsen Bay, Alaska Dec 05 12:30 2.8 99 MAP I Felt It
USGS Talkeetna, Alaska Dec 05 08:10 2.8 58 MAP I Felt It
USGS Anchor Point, Alaska Dec 05 01:30 2.6 107 MAP I Felt It
USGS Valdez, Alaska Dec 05 00:37 3.1 10 MAP I Felt It INFO
USGS Adak, Alaska Dec 04 20:21 4.1 33 MAP I Felt It INFO
USGS Redoubt Volcano, Alaska Dec 04 15:04 2.7 132 MAP I Felt It
GEOFON Central Alaska Dec 04 13:15 4.6 17 MAP I Felt It INFO
EMSC Central Alaska Dec 04 13:15 4.8 6 MAP I Felt It INFO
USGS Willow, Alaska Dec 04 13:15 4.6 15 MAP I Felt It INFO
  • Wasilla - Fast fairly light shaking it didn't feel very deep
  • Willow, Alaska - Woke me up. Waited for a big jolt to rock the house but fortunately the shaking did not worsen.
  • Wasilla - Woke up
  • USGS Talkeetna, Alaska Dec 04 13:15 4.4 5 MAP I Felt It INFO
  • Anchorage - I felt one strong "lunge" (sideways motion) that woke me up.
  • Wasilla - It just woke me up.. I could hear items shaking in my room
  • Talkeetna - heard it before I felt it. no damage.
  • USGS Tok, Alaska Dec 03 10:49 2.6 0 MAP I Felt It
    USGS Shemya Island, Alaska Dec 03 09:23 5.6 35 MAP I Felt It INFO
    USGS Shemya Island, Alaska Dec 03 09:23 6.0 26 MAP I Felt It INFO
    USGS Yakutat, Alaska Dec 03 09:08 2.5 0 MAP I Felt It
    USGS Big Lake, Alaska Dec 03 08:04 3.3 14 MAP I Felt It INFO
    USGS Butte, Alaska Dec 03 03:09 2.6 20 MAP I Felt It
    USGS Anchor Point, Alaska Dec 02 22:44 3.0 95 MAP I Felt It INFO
    USGS Cantwell, Alaska Dec 02 21:20 3.0 4 MAP I Felt It INFO
    EMSC Central Alaska Dec 02 21:20 3.0 5 MAP I Felt It INFO
    USGS Chignik Lake, Alaska Dec 02 18:58 2.8 2 MAP I Felt It

Have you felt an earthquake ? Tell us

Comments

1. Chandelier was swinging